North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only thing that was done away with, with the Crucifixion is blood sacrifices. Messiah connotations have more references in the old than the New Testament. The only thing done away with on the Cross was blood sacrifice. Seems some say we don't have to read the OT and is no longer in effect; if that was true it would be hard to understand GODS nature.

Very first prophecy was in the Garden of Eden where Satan will bruise Christ heels and Christ will bruise his head. Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
This has not been fully fulfilled yet and if we didn't read OT of the Bible no one would know of it.
Satan’s head will be bruised at final judgement; he is only 1 by name sentenced to death. They (Kenites=seed of Satan=tares) bruised CHRIST heels by nailing them to the Cross and they still trip us Christians till this day and will until they are finally blotted out forever.

CHRIST preached the whole of Psalms 22 on the Cross till HIS last breath to let everyone know it was prophesied 1k years before in Old Testament.

CHRIST used at some point the entirety of the OT throughout HIS ministry. Gave legitimacy to whole of OT: Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Zechariah is/ should actually be the last book of OT as when CHRIST had claimed the sons of Cain were responsible for all the murdering of prophets to Zechariah. If I am not mistaken Moffat (great for chronologically placing events in order) also has it as last. And CHRIST proclaiming it so also. In essence this verse covers the whole of OT. If you don’t study the OT you will not understand many of CHRIST, Pauls or any of the NT writers for most take their wisdom from the OT teachings.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

If you don’t read the OT than you will not know what they wrote concerning the MESSIAH.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. All prophecy will be fulfilled in the generation of fig tree

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Word here is Logos=CHRIST

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

You cannot know GOD if you don’t read OT, it teaches us all HIS emotion because it is HISstory to us. We learn HE is a Jealous GOD, HE is a humorous GOD, GOD of love diverse and has feelings just as we do, Goes through emotions as we do. HE can get angry, sad, and even hate.

GOD never says anything that is not true yesterday, today or tomorrow. I here over and over that some say the Old Testament is no longer valid. The law GOD set down from beginning is still in effect and will always be.

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only thing that was done away with, with the Crucifixion is blood sacrifices. Messiah connotations have more references in the old than the New Testament. The only thing done away with on the Cross was blood sacrifice. Seems some say we don't have to read the OT and is no longer in effect; if that was true it would be hard to understand GODS nature.

Very first prophecy was in the Garden of Eden where Satan will bruise Christ heels and Christ will bruise his head. Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
This has not been fully fulfilled yet and if we didn't read OT of the Bible no one would know of it.
Satan’s head will be bruised at final judgement; he is only 1 by name sentenced to death. They (Kenites=seed of Satan=tares) bruised CHRIST heels by nailing them to the Cross and they still trip us Christians till this day and will until they are finally blotted out forever.

CHRIST preached the whole of Psalms 22 on the Cross till HIS last breath to let everyone know it was prophesied 1k years before in Old Testament.

CHRIST used at some point the entirety of the OT throughout HIS ministry. Gave legitimacy to whole of OT: Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Zechariah is/ should actually be the last book of OT as when CHRIST had claimed the sons of Cain were responsible for all the murdering of prophets to Zechariah. If I am not mistaken Moffat (great for chronologically placing events in order) also has it as last. And CHRIST proclaiming it so also. In essence this verse covers the whole of OT. If you don’t study the OT you will not understand many of CHRIST, Pauls or any of the NT writers for most take their wisdom from the OT teachings.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

If you don’t read the OT than you will not know what they wrote concerning the MESSIAH.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. All prophecy will be fulfilled in the generation of fig tree

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

You cannot know GOD if you don’t read OT, it teaches us all HIS emotion because it is HISstory to us. We learn HE is a Jealous GOD, HE is a humorous GOD, GOD of love diverse and has feelings just as we do, Goes through emotions as we do. HE can get angry, sad, and even hate.

GOD never says anything that is not true yesterday, today or tomorrow. I here over and over that some say the Old Testament is no longer valid. The law GOD set down from beginning is still in effect and will always be.

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
The old is to be understood in the light of the new.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The earthy priesthood and sanctuary services (blood sacrifices) ended Hebrews 7, Hebrews 9, Hebrews 10. Jesus is now our High Priest. Instead of sacrificing animals for sin, we can go directly to Jesus when we confess, repent and have a turn in direction and His blood cleanses us from all sin and unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 Animals sacrifices was just a place holder pointing forward to Jesus. What did not change is the law that defines sin Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 hence why not one dot of an i or cross of a t can be changed from God’s holy law because man is not above God and it is in God’s heavenly Temple Rev 11:19 what we will be judged by James 2:10-12 Mat 5:19-30 Ecc 12:13-14 Rev 22:15. We should always obey Him the way He asks and through love and faith. 1 John 5:3 Rev 14:12 Romans 3:31

Last edited:
Reactions: I's2C
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

All of God's righteous laws are eternal (Psalms 119:160), so none of them were done away with on the cross. In Titus 2:14, it doesn't say that Jesus gave himself to do away with any laws, but in order to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the way to believe in what Jesus accomplished through the cross.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The earthy priesthood and sanctuary services (blood sacrifices) ended Hebrews 7, Hebrews 9, Hebrews 10. Jesus is now our High Priest. Instead of sacrificing animals for sin, we can go directly to Jesus when we confess, repent and have a turn in direction and His blood cleanses us from all sin and unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 Animals sacrifices was just a place holder pointing forward to Jesus. What did not change is the law that defines sin Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 hence why not one dot of an i or cross of a t can be changed from God’s holy law because man is not above God and it is in God’s heavenly Temple Rev 11:19 what we will be judged by James 2:10-12 Mat 5:19-30 Ecc 12:13-14 Rev 22:15. We should always obey Him the way He asks and through love and faith. 1 John 5:3 Rev 14:12 Romans 3:31
I think we are in agreement!

Upvote 0