God's 7 Days

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Dear Readers, God has but 7 Days and today is the 6th Creative Day. We live today at Genesis 1:27 since God is STILL creating mankind in His Image or In Christ, who is the only Image of the invisible God. Genesis 1:28-31 is prophecy of events which will soon take place at the end of the present 6th Day or Age.

At that time mankind will be given dominion over every other living creature and every living creature will become a vegetarian. Isaiah 11:7 tells us of that time and it is AFTER Jesus returns to this Planet. Then and only then God will say it is very good. God would NOT have said this in the past since He can see the end from the beginning.

When God finishes His work of filling heaven with newly created mankind, He will cease creating and ALL of His work of building a perfect eternal heaven and filling it with perfect mankind will be brought to perfection. Then God will cease from ALL of His work and celebrate with His children on the 7th Day which has not evening, and no ending. Genesis 2:2-3

In Love,
Aman

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Hello. I've never heard this before. So I'm skeptical. Can you point me to any sources you've used for this?

Dear Chet, It came after many years of trying to understand what Scripture was saying about the Creation. What is really amazing about this view is that it agrees in every way with every discovery of science and history.

What is apparent is that God told us the entire history of the Creation from Genesis 1:1-Genesis 2:3. The first chapter of Genesis tells us the complete history of the 6 Creative Days or Ages, including future events at the end of the present 6th Day. Genesis 2:1-3 tells us of a future Day, the 7th Day, which has no end, since it is Eternity.

Beginning at Genesis 2:4 we are taken BACK to the events of the 3rd Day, the same day the earth was made, according to Genesis 1:9-10. This adds details of the 3rd Day, including the fact that man was made from the dust of the ground on the 3rd Day, before the plants grew.

The creation story continues until the 6th Day when Adam was created in God's Image or born again Spiritually. This event continues today since God is still creating Adam (mankind) in His Image or In Christ, today. That brings us to Genesis 1:27. The events from verse 28 to 31 are prophecy since they will not be fulfilled until Jesus returns to our earth, according to Isaiah 11-7 when the Lion eats straw like the Ox.

Genesis 2:1-3 tells us what happens when God finishes ALL of His work. He rests (Hebrew-sabbath) from ALL of His work of creating on the 7th Day, which is yet future to our time. Understanding this view also shows that there is but One story of the creation instead of two contradictory stories as some assume.

The entirety of the rest of the Bible refers BACK to the events of these 7 Days, and that opens up many mysteries and reveals that God's Truth is the Truth in every way. It's proof of God since only God could have possibly written this History before the events come to be.

One must have faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, according to the Scriptures, to obtain salvation. One does not need faith to understand the history of God's Creation as told in the first verses of the Bible. All you need is the outline which is written from Genesis 1:1-Genesis 2:3, and faith that God's Holy Word is perfect in every way.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's an interesting idea, and I think the church always benefits from us researching the scriptures, but I'm afraid I can't agree with it. Partly because of tradition: much ink has been spilled on this subject over the past 2,000 years and I think the church's teachings of the past shouldn't be easily overturned. But also because of Exodus 20:11, where God speaks of the six days in the past tense, like this:

For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, and he rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.
The use of the past tense leads me to conclude that creation is finished.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Chet:>>It's an interesting idea, and I think the church always benefits from us researching the scriptures, but I'm afraid I can't agree with it. Partly because of tradition: much ink has been spilled on this subject over the past 2,000 years and I think the church's teachings of the past shouldn't be easily overturned. But also because of Exodus 20:11, where God speaks of the six days in the past tense, like this:

Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Dear Chet, The word "rested" is in Hebrew imperfect tense, which means that it is incomplete. The word "blessed" is in Hebrew perfect tense, which means that it has already been completed. The word "hallowed" is in Hebrew imperfect tense, which means that is still incomplete.

This shows that God's rest is still incomplete and the seventh day has not yet been set apart, but it has already been blessed. IOW, the Hebrew words and their tenses, do NOT agree with your view.

I would also point out that since this is the HISTORY of the creation, ALL of the story of the creation is shown in past tense in the KJV of Scripture, which I use. The Bible tells us to STUDY to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of Truth. I have tried to do this.

In my study, I have concluded that ALL of the story of the Creation is written in past tense because God sees EVERYthing in past tense. It's proof that only God could have possibly known the things written in Genesis.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.
Yeah, that's a good observation, but Isaiah is a different genre.

Exodus 20 is part of a contract, and that particular verse is explaining the reasoning behind the sabbath laws: they were to work six days and then rest because God worked six days and then rested. It still sounds to me like the sixth day is finished.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Chet:>>It's an interesting idea, and I think the church always benefits from us researching the scriptures, but I'm afraid I can't agree with it. Partly because of tradition: much ink has been spilled on this subject over the past 2,000 years and I think the church's teachings of the past shouldn't be easily overturned. But also because of Exodus 20:11, where God speaks of the six days in the past tense, like this:

Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Dear Chet, The word "rested" is in Hebrew imperfect tense, which means that it is incomplete. The word "blessed" is in Hebrew perfect tense, which means that it has already been completed. The word "hallowed" is in Hebrew imperfect tense, which means that is still incomplete.

This shows that God's rest is still incomplete and the seventh day has not yet been set apart, but it has already been blessed. IOW, the Hebrew words and their tenses, do NOT agree with your view.

I would also point out that since this is the HISTORY of the creation, ALL of the story of the creation is shown in past tense in the KJV of Scripture, which I use. The Bible tells us to STUDY to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of Truth. I have tried to do this.

In my study, I have concluded that ALL of the story of the Creation is written in past tense because God sees EVERYthing in past tense. It's proof that only God could have possibly known the things written in Genesis.

In Love,
Aman
I'm sorry, but while I appreciate your efforts to study the word, I need to see something as foundational as that at least somewhere in the church's teaching before I'm swayed.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, that's a good observation, but Isaiah is a different genre.

Exodus 20 is part of a contract, and that particular verse is explaining the reasoning behind the sabbath laws: they were to work six days and then rest because God worked six days and then rested. It still sounds to me like the sixth day is finished.
If it was an issue of genre, you would be back at the genre of Genesis 1 that Moses was referring to when he used the six day to explain the Sabbath law. But the problem is deeper. It is to do with Hebrew which doesn't have past and future tenses as such, just verbs that describe the completeness or incompleteness of the action. So prophetic scriptures like the verse in Isaiah which describe the fullness and completeness of the messiah bearing our griefs and carrying our sorrows, even though it was still in the future. So Moses could use the fullness of God's work of creation as an illustration of the Sabbath law even if the sixth day is ongoing, as Jesus described it ""My Father is working until now" John 5:17, and the true Sabbath is still to come in Christ Col 2:17.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Chet:>>I'm sorry, but while I appreciate your efforts to study the word, I need to see something as foundational as that at least somewhere in the church's teaching before I'm swayed.

Dear Chet, The reason the organized Church does not teach this interpretation is that they are basing their view on tradition as well as Scripture. Just as ancient people had no idea of the latest discoveries of science, they also had no idea of history, and yet the religious traditional view is that they were correct in their thinking.

IF God is the Supreme intelligence of Creation, and He is, NO ancient man could have possibly understood the story of the Creation thousands of years ago. In fact, this is the evidence of God as shown in Genesis. We are just now begining to acquire enough knowledge to fully understand what He was telling us.

The proof is that Genesis agrees in EVERY way with EVERY discovery of Science and History. NO ancient man could have known this, which means that ONLY God could have possibly written Genesis. Since you have now been exposed to God's Truth of the Creation, I am confident that you will begin to see that God is so far advanced to today's knowledge, it is hard to fathom His wonderous intelligence which He demonstrated so conclusively in Genesis. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If it was an issue of genre, you would be back at the genre of Genesis 1 that Moses was referring to when he used the six day to explain the Sabbath law. But the problem is deeper. It is to do with Hebrew which doesn't have past and future tenses as such, just verbs that describe the completeness or incompleteness of the action. So prophetic scriptures like the verse in Isaiah which describe the fullness and completeness of the messiah bearing our griefs and carrying our sorrows, even though it was still in the future. So Moses could use the fullness of God's work of creation as an illustration of the Sabbath law even if the sixth day is ongoing, as Jesus described it ""My Father is working until now" John 5:17, and the true Sabbath is still to come in Christ Col 2:17.
Do you think the sixth day is ongoing?

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the sixth day is ongoing?
I see it more a symbolic picture where creation is portrayed as a working week, to the extent that the seventh day is not yet come you could say we are still in the sixth day, though I prefer the interpretation in Psalm 104 where the day of creation show us God's creation now, where the psalmist follows the order of creation to describe how it benefits the world around him.

You could tie the sixth day of creation with the ongoing 'Today' in Hebrews 3&4, which runs parallel to God's rest on the seventh day we are called to enter into as long as it is called 'Today'. Or you could see the fullness of the Sabbath Rest as still to come as Paul talks about in Col 2.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I see it more a symbolic picture where creation is portrayed as a working week, to the extent that the seventh day is not yet come you could say we are still in the sixth day, though I prefer the interpretation in Psalm 104 where the day of creation show us God's creation now, where the psalmist follows the order of creation to describe how it benefits the world around him.

You could tie the sixth day of creation with the ongoing 'Today' in Hebrews 3&4, which runs parallel to God's rest on the seventh day we are called to enter into as long as it is called 'Today'. Or you could see the fullness of the Sabbath Rest as still to come as Paul talks about in Col 2.
I guess if the scriptures of creation are pictured as only symbolic, then many kinds of interpretations are possible. I guess I come to a different conclusion because I take both the creation and Exodus 20 as histories that have additional symbolic meanings.

So, for example, from my viewpoint the Exodus really did happen. But it's also symbolic of our walk, starting with salvation (leaving Egypt) and ending at the resurrection (entering the promised land).

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, for example, from my viewpoint the Exodus really did happen. But it's also symbolic of our walk, starting with salvation (leaving Egypt) and ending at the resurrection (entering the promised land).

But does the Bible itself support that symbolic meaning?

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can see Paul allegorising the exodus and journey through the wilderness in 1Cor 10 while in Hebrews there is a continuous theme that entering into the promise was not really about crossing the Jordan into the promised land, but a promise that is still to come that the OT saints will enter into with us, Hebrews 3,4 & 11
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.
14 For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.
15 If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return.
16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.
39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised,
40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess if the scriptures of creation are pictured as only symbolic, then many kinds of interpretations are possible. I guess I come to a different conclusion because I take both the creation and Exodus 20 as histories that have additional symbolic meanings.

I think you need to distinguish the different types of text within Exodus 20, just as in the gospels Jesus sitting down and telling a parable is history while the parable itself is an extended metaphor. In Exodus 20 we have the history of Moses telling the people God's commandments, the commandments themselves are a different genre, legal code. But within the legal code we also find explanations of the laws, specifically the explanation of the Sabbath law Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. This is neither history nor law but teaching and exposition. Even if you say it is referring back to a historic event, the six days are not part of the actual historical account in Exodus, the six days didn't occur when Moses gave the law to the Israelites, the history is that Moses used the story of Genesis to expound the Sabbath command, which makes this part of the text teaching.

To see the distinction more clearly have a look at where Moses repeats the ten commandments in Deuteronomy:
Deut 5:12 "'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant, or your ox or your donkey or any of your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.
15 You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day

Here the explanation of the commandment isn't based on the creation, it is based on the exodus, but while the exodus is a historical event, the description of the exodus Moses gives is told in metaphor, God leading the Israelites out with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. That is an anthropomorphism, a metaphor, not history. In the same way Moses talking about the creation in Exodus 20 doesn't mean the six day are historical. They can also be a metaphorical description of the creation, describing God as a labourer working for six day and having a rest, as anthropomorphic as God stretching out his arm to rescue the Israelites.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think we can see symbols all over the OT. For example, there's a place during the Exodus were they camped at a place that had twelve springs of water and seventy palm trees. Twelve and seventy? Hmmm, those are some pretty coincidental numbers. Symbolic, maybe?

But because I'm pretty much a "maximalist", I see both history and symbolism in it.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think you need to distinguish the different types of text within Exodus 20, just as in the gospels Jesus sitting down and telling a parable is history while the parable itself is an extended metaphor. In Exodus 20 we have the history of Moses telling the people God's commandments, the commandments themselves are a different genre, legal code. But within the legal code we also find explanations of the laws, specifically the explanation of the Sabbath law Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. This is neither history nor law but teaching and exposition. Even if you say it is referring back to a historic event, the six days are not part of the actual historical account in Exodus, the six days didn't occur when Moses gave the law to the Israelites, the history is that Moses used the story of Genesis to expound the Sabbath command, which makes this part of the text teaching.

To see the distinction more clearly have a look at where Moses repeats the ten commandments in Deuteronomy:
Deut 5:12 "'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant, or your ox or your donkey or any of your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.
15 You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day

Here the explanation of the commandment isn't based on the creation, it is based on the exodus, but while the exodus is a historical event, the description of the exodus Moses gives is told in metaphor, God leading the Israelites out with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. That is an anthropomorphism, a metaphor, not history. In the same way Moses talking about the creation in Exodus 20 doesn't mean the six day are historical. They can also be a metaphorical description of the creation, describing God as a labourer working for six day and having a rest, as anthropomorphic as God stretching out his arm to rescue the Israelites.
Sorry, but I remain a maximalist, all the way back thru Genesis 2. Maybe Genesis 1, too, if I could understand enough of Humphreys' or Hartnett's maths to follow them. :)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear Readers, God has but 7 Days and today is the 6th Creative Day.

Everyone can read and see the timeline with their own eyes.

Genesis 1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. ...
... good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day. ... good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day. ..

Genesis 2:2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had ...
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing;
so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. .

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally Posted by Aman777
Dear Readers, God has but 7 Days and today is the 6th Creative Day.
Sky:>>Everyone can read and see the timeline with their own eyes.

Genesis 1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. ...
... good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day. ... good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day. ..

Dear Sky, This is prophecy unless you believe that God CANNOT see the future. What you are saying is that God says "it was very good" in the beginning, BEFORE the Billions of people who have died since then. You must ignore all of the wars, sickness, and death of humanity to come to such a conclusion.

You must also explain WHY Genesis 1:28 tells us God gives humanity dominion over EVERY other living creature when this has Not happened yet. We do NOT have dominion over Sharks, Polar Bears, Viruses, etc. Another thing you must explain is WHY Genesis 1:29-30 tells us that EVERY living creature becomes a Vegetarian, "and it was so". There has NEVER been a time in history when ALL living creatures were vegetarian, or did you just ignore that? Have you ever heard of the Saber toothed Tiger? It certainly wasn't a vegetarian.

You must also ignore the Scriptural fact that Isaiah tells us that every creature becomes a vegetarian AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth at the end of time in Isaiah 11, thus fulfilling the prophecy of Genesis 1:29-30.

Sky:>>Genesis 2:2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had ...
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing;
so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. .

God work is creating and you would have us believe that God finished ALL of His work of Creating in the beginning. This means that Jesus also finished ALL of His work and the Holy Spirit also finished ALL of His work thousands of years ago.

IOW, You ideas don't make ANY sense, since Jesus tells us that He and His Father are working up to the present time and the Church and the Holy Spirit continue to work TODAY, to bring sinners to Christ. In order to believe your ideas, you must ignore all of the work God has done since the beginning.

IF you wish to explain, then tell us WHY God rested for 24 hours, thousands of years ago, then went back to work, and hasn't rested since, in violation of the narrative of Genesis 2:2 and 2:3 which repeats that God rests from ALL of His work of creating on the 7th Day.

God will NOT rest until His Creation is finished or brought to perfection at the end of the present 6th Day. He wouldn't be God if He did. What you are doing is repeating the mistaken ideas of ancient men who could NOT understand Scripture. If you disagree, please post supporting Scripture for your views.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0