Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.
After a long hiatus I came back today to see what's been going on in an old hangout of mine. I see not much has changed.

I did see this post of yours Assyrian and thought I might provide an explanation. Isaiah 53 is written in the past tense because this hasn't happened yet. The Jews, in the future, will declare these words when they look back.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After a long hiatus I came back today to see what's been going on in an old hangout of mine. I see not much has changed.

God bless!
Hi Vossler, good to see you :) How have you been?

I did see this post of yours Assyrian and thought I might provide an explanation. Isaiah 53 is written in the past tense because this hasn't happened yet. The Jews, in the future, will declare these words when they look back.
Have you read over the discussions about that on the first two pages?

Upvote 0

vossler

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2004
Asheville NC
✟19,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Vossler, good to see you :) How have you been?
Doing great...thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you too!
Have you read over the discussions about that on the first two pages?
Yes I read the discussion, that's why I commented on your post and gave an explanation for Isaiah 53 being written in the past tense. I just wanted to clear that up.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doing great...thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you too!
I am doing much better :) I've had a problem with chronic fatigue for years, but I seem to have really a turned a corner now thank God.

Yes I read the discussion, that's why I commented on your post and gave an explanation for Isaiah 53 being written in the past tense. I just wanted to clear that up.
I think if I were going to go for that approach, I'd talk about God being outside time, declaring the end from the beginning Isaiah 46:10, and calls the things that are not, as though they were Rom 4:17.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Vuss:>>Yes I read the discussion, that's why I commented on your post and gave an explanation for Isaiah 53 being written in the past tense. I just wanted to clear that up.
Assyrian:>>I think if I were going to go for that approach, I'd talk about God being outside time, declaring the end from the beginning Isaiah 46:10, and calls the things that are not, as though they were Rom 4:17.

Dear Friends, The entire Bible is past tense to God. God sees the end of Day 6 even though it is Future. He sees the object of His Creation, the 3rd Heaven and it being filled with His children, Today. Tomorrow is too late to be Created in His Image, for tomorrow God will cease creating and He will rest from ALL of His work of creating, and He will celebrate with His Children, forever. Jesus is Lord.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0