Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Acts 1:11

“Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who is taken up from you into Heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into Heaven.”

So, is it your assertion that people who don't believe in a literal, physical return of Jesus aren't Christians?

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So, is it your assertion that people who don't believe in a literal, physical return of Jesus aren't Christians?

Only God can judge the eternal state of someone's soul. But I would say that they are walking in darkness and have not fully come into the light.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Only God can judge the eternal state of someones soul. But I would say that they are walking in darkness and have not fully come into the light.

In English please, no evasion. Are they Christian or not? If you truly don't know, then how can you claim I am not a Nicene Christian?

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
In English please, no evasion. Are they Christian or not? If you truly don't know, then how can you claim I am not a Nicene Christian?

I can claim that you are not a Nicene Christian because you don't adhere to the creed which clearly states Christ will physically return again.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I would say no those who don't believe Christ is returning again probably don't really know him as the scriptures clearly state he will come again.

But like I said in the end it's up to God to judge the state of someone's soul.

However I can make a judgement that you are not abiding by the forum rules.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would say no those who don't believe Christ is returning again probably don't really know him as the scriptures clearly state he will come again.

Yet, I gave you links to examples of Nicene Christians who did NOT believe in a literal coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RAnonUS19B

Christian
Feb 27, 2014
USA
✟9,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
They are not truly Nicene Creed Christians. The creed clearly says that Christ ascended and will come again.

Yea the Bible clearly states Christ is coming again but sadly there are Christians that do not want to admit or out of ignorance or fear. Fear that they may have to face the Lord one day. Not that he is one of those Christians but he very might well be so it may be hard for you to get him to accept what the bible says.

Ephesians 4:18 18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Proverbs 29:25 25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
People have been talking like this since humans could speak; meanwhile, the world goes on.....
It's like little kids arguing. When one feels like he's losing, the goto is "well my Dad could beat up your Dad" . It's the exact same argument tactic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It's like little kids arguing. When one feels like he's losing, the goto is "well my Dad could beat up your Dad" . It's the exact same argument tactic.

No, I've used scripture and based my thoughts on the rock Christ. You on the other hand have used an argument built on man's own opinion, an argument of straw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

No, I am using scripture to show that:

1. Jesus will return. Acts of the Apostles 1:11
2. The world will be destroyed by fire. 2 Peter 3:10
3. Scoffers will come in the last days. 2 Peter 3:3-4
4. Homosexuality is an abomination which God hates. Leviticus 20:13

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's not something I want to happen but it is something I see as inevitable based upon America's (and all the nations who follow suit) current behavior.

Oh, I think this evil you worry about is offset somewhat by the abolition of slavery. And we've even started preventing men from beating their wives with no recourse left for the wife. So hey, maybe its just a wash.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.