Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible says that the world will be destroyed by fire. With the current ruling on gay marriage I would not be surprised if this happens soon.

I have no idea when, but you are correct about the fire coming...

Luk 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Dan 3:23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

Dan 3:24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Dan 3:26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.

Dan 3:27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

Dan 3:28Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

Dan 3:29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
The bible says that the world will be destroyed by fire. With the current ruling on gay marriage I would not be surprised if this happens soon.
googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1431698694306-1'); });

I know what you mean, it just seems like we keep going in the wrong direction and will never get back to the right way. There's no going back to the Ward Cleaver days now. That was Leave It to Beaver's Dad played by Hugh Beaumont. He was licensed to preach by the Methodist church. He studied at the University of Southern California and graduated with a Master of Theology degree in 1946. He married Kathryn Adams in 1942, and the pair had three children. I wonder what Pastor Hugh Beaumont would have to say about 2015 USA.

But there's no turning back now. We've become numb to all kinds of behavior like legalized abortion and inappropriate contentography, I doubt they'll ever rescind these things in time. We need a guy like Abraham to intercede for us in case The Three Visitors come unexpectedly.

"The Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do"

Near the cross I’ll watch and wait
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand,
Just beyond the river.

In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Frances Jane"Fanny"Crosby - 1869

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Soon as in 2000 years soon?
It does matter because if this nation refuses to repent then the fire will come.

Wait...Don't you believe the fire comes anyway, whether or not this nation repents? The scripture passages you appear to be quoting say the fire comes regardless of the repenting, or lack thereof, of men, right?

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Soon as in 2000 years soon?

No, soon as in any day now.

Wait...Don't you believe the fire comes anyway, whether or not this nation repents? The scripture passages you appear to be quoting say the fire comes regardless of the repenting, or lack thereof, of men, right?

In the last days men will grow increasingly evil and refuse to repent. The fire will eventually arrive. Hopefully those days have not yet come.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How soon?

Side note:
I'm thinking "The boy who cried wolf" should be required reading.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, soon as in any day now.

In the last days men will grow increasingly evil and refuse to repent. The fire will eventually arrive. Hopefully those days have not yet come.

So if one Country doesn't repent the whole world gets destroyed?
if one Country does repent the whole world does get destroyed?

And any day now?
This weekend I know their will be lots of fire due to the 4th, are you getting that mixed up or something ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're starting to sound like Keras. Do you think there could be a CME in our future?

Please be careful talking like that. You may hurt his feelings.

The event that will occur on the Day of the Lord, when Christ returns, will make the largest CME in history look like a candle on a birthday cake compared to a Supernova from a large star.

He who made the universe and controls the temperature inside the core of the sun, is going to burn up this old fallen, sin-cursed world and replace it with a New Heavens and a New Earth.

On that day Keras is going to say to himself, "What was I thinking?"

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Yeah the world, not the planet. Key distinction. Also, at least since the Resurrection, God's in the business of judging people not countries.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

The thing that disturbs me is people like you who really want it to happen. If life goes on as usual, how would that affect your opinion of God's attitude about such things?

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The thing that disturbs me is people like you who really want it to happen.

It's not something I want to happen but it is something I see as inevitable based upon America's (and all the nations who follow suit) current behavior.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not something I want to happen but it is something I see as inevitable based upon America's (and all the nations who follow suit) current behavior.

There were devout Christians who supported slavery, opposed interracial marriage and used the Bible to justify them. Those things went away and the world did end.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
There were devout Christians who supported slavery, opposed interracial marriage and used the Bible to justify them. Those things went away and the world did end.

There is a big difference here. Being homosexual is a sin, an abomination in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. Being black isn't a sin. Those people who supported slavery were obviously misled and did not love their brother as they should have. Same sex marriage on the other hand is a thing that is detestable in God's sight.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.