Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Exploring Christianity"
Recognizes The Almighty Creator Knows .

Also, for thousands more years, Jews have recognized Yahweh Knows Everything.

That is one truth shared by all who have faith in the Creator.
I agree with you. My post was responding to the OP's question. I was merely saying humans do not know the mind of God. However, we do know what we should try to do, He has told us.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, and no. Children and 'grown-ups' , whoever, wherever, call on the Creator, seeking Him even not knowing "for sure" He Exists,
He will DO as He Promised. Not like a religion where nothing is sure thing.

Yes, God is orchestrating everything perfectly, in this world , and in the world to come. No, He does not take away free will of man or of men - until some point , always in line with His Word, never contradictory to His Word and His Plan and His Purpose.

Yes, "not here" - God is not in control of people "here", except as He Declares in His Word. He does not violate free will . Period.
Free Will? What about the choice of being born into this world? If you believe in Hell surely to God knows whose going there, yet still puts people here? Sick move. Personally I don't believe in free will, that's a kop out for those defending the idea of hell. Also, the God that's in control of this world is Yahweh Satan.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Free Will? What about the choice of being born into this world? If you believe in Hell surely to God knows whose going there, yet still puts people here? Sick move. Personally I don't believe in free will, that's a kop out for those defending the idea of hell. Also, the God that's in control of this world is Yahweh Satan.

we all choose a devil ...

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good knows the future, every thought, action and outcome that ever was or will be. That's are no limits on his knowledge.
He already knows who will go to heaven and hell, and always did.

So what is the point of this human life going on? Why not just cut to the chase sort us all into wheat and chaff right now?

Why the facade?
Perhaps from God's perspective of time he already has, but we in our finite perspective of time just haven't caught up to it yet.

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟56,154.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

9When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, e were killed just as they had been.

Believe the answer is in this verse. They call out to the lord for judgment on the world, but are told to wait untill the full number of their brothers and sisters come first.

There are still more to be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Good knows the future, every thought, action and outcome that ever was or will be. That's are no limits on his knowledge.

So what is the point of this human life going on? Why not just cut to the chase sort us all into wheat and chaff right now?

Why the facade?
God is always and we are in time. We have free will to live right or wrong within time so how can we actually define how God predestines? I believe God will have mercy on those who were shortchanged ( child mortality, innocent victims, severe handicaps etc.) ( Romans 9:14-18 which must be understood with Matthew 22:36-40 etc. in mind).

Upvote 0

Lilith2006

Oct 25, 2023
Gold Coast
✟1,715.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Because you haven't lived your complete life yet. You're not everything that you'll yet become before the dust settles. Once it does, then He'll sort us all out. Think of it as the act of baking bread. You wouldn't want to pull it out of the oven before it's finished ...
This answer makes no sense. If everybody born has to live their complete life, then the end can NEVER come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This answer makes no sense. If everybody born has to live their complete life, then the end can NEVER come.

Sure it makes sense.

But hello to you too! And welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

..................... and, I think you've simply misunderstood what I said about each of us living out our complete life.

That's why it doesn't make sense to you. ;)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Why the facade?

Let's say you have a machine that can tell you what the winning numbers on a lottery ticket will be. Can you pick up the winnings without those numbers being chosen first, or do you have to wait until the lottery is called and you bring the winning ticket with you?

As a Lutheran I believe in predestination, not in the Calvinistic sense, which means that even the elect can fall away, and further, it is God's will that all be saved. So even though I confess and believe that God chose me, predestined me, in Christ before the universe began nevertheless that election happens here (through the preaching of the Gospel, through the Sacrament of Baptism, etc) which means this mortal life is where God brings about His saving power to me to call me, justify me, and work His sanctification in me to conform me to Christ.

Further, God's work in His saints is not merely to save them, but also that they should preach His word and bear witness, so that through the preaching of the Gospel others might hear and believe.

Further, that through His people we might minister to the needs of others, such as providing food and drink and clothing, loving others.

This world matters, this life matters. What happens right now matters, not just temporarily, but for eternity.

God knowing, and even choosing, ultimately doesn't mean anything except that sinners are being saved, people are being redeemed, human beings are being transformed by His grace.

This world is not a facade. The right now is not a place of pretend. This isn't a game of chess, and then at the end of the game the pieces get reset on the board as though it never really mattered. Everything that happens here actually means something. How we treat others means something, our lives and our experiences, our sorrows and our joys, the creative works, the good works, and our sin all matters. There will be Judgment, there will be reckoning.

St. Paul when talking about the resurrection says that, in light of the resurrection that our labors in Christ will not be in vain. The works, the things that happen here, will have an eternal significance.

I firmly believe that nothing that is truly good shall ever be lost. That there is an intrinsic goodness to being human, and there is good in human creativity, in love. That the good and the beautiful shall be brought into a fullness of greater good in the future world.

While we can only see in part, as though looking through a dim glass, when the fullness of everything comes about we shall come to see everything as God has seen it. We may not understand how the joys and sorrows of this life will matter for eternity, but we shall see how that is on that future day. For the promise of God is that He works everything for good.

Everything in history has mattered. And will continue to matter. Every life, every person, every action, every good and every evil, every act of beauty and every act of ugliness has mattered--and will matter. How that all ultimately plays out is unknowable, but nevertheless it all matters--and will have an eternal importance.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let's say you have a machine that can tell you what the winning numbers on a lottery ticket will be. Can you pick up the winnings without those numbers being chosen first, or do you have to wait until the lottery is called and you bring the winning ticket with you?
As a Lutheran I believe in predestination, not in the Calvinistic sense, which means that even the elect can fall away, and further, it is God's will that all be saved. So even though I confess and believe that God chose me, predestined me, in Christ before the universe began nevertheless that election happens here (through the preaching of the Gospel, through the Sacrament of Baptism, etc) which means this mortal life is where God brings about His saving power to me to call me, justify me, and work His sanctification in me to conform me to Christ.
Further, God's work in His saints is not merely to save them, but also that they should preach His word and bear witness, so that through the preaching of the Gospel others might hear and believe.

Further, that through His people we might minister to the needs of others, such as providing food and drink and clothing, loving others.

This world matters, this life matters. What happens right now matters, not just temporarily, but for eternity.

God knowing, and even choosing, ultimately doesn't mean anything except that sinners are being saved, people are being redeemed, human beings are being transformed by His grace.

This world is not a facade. The right now is not a place of pretend. This isn't a game of chess, and then at the end of the game the pieces get reset on the board as though it never really mattered. Everything that happens here actually means something. How we treat others means something, our lives and our experiences, our sorrows and our joys, the creative works, the good works, and our sin all matters. There will be Judgment, there will be reckoning.

St. Paul when talking about the resurrection says that, in light of the resurrection that our labors in Christ will not be in vain. The works, the things that happen here, will have an eternal significance.

I firmly believe that nothing that is truly good shall ever be lost. That there is an intrinsic goodness to being human, and there is good in human creativity, in love. That the good and the beautiful shall be brought into a fullness of greater good in the future world.

While we can only see in part, as though looking through a dim glass, when the fullness of everything comes about we shall come to see everything as God has seen it. We may not understand how the joys and sorrows of this life will matter for eternity, but we shall see how that is on that future day. For the promise of God is that He works everything for good.
Everything in history has mattered. And will continue to matter. Every life, every person, every action, every good and every evil, every act of beauty and every act of ugliness has mattered--and will matter. How that all ultimately plays out is unknowable, but nevertheless it all matters--and will have an eternal importance.

-CryptoLutheran
It matters to growth in Christ for the redeemed, and to judgment for the condemned.

Eternity shall be exactly as God has decreed that it shall be, and the bride of Christ in eternity will be exactly as God has decreed that she shall be.

The final outcome of nothing is left to mortal man.

Upvote 0