Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Good knows the future, every thought, action and outcome that ever was or will be. That's are no limits on his knowledge.
He already knows who will go to heaven and hell, and always did.

So what is the point of this human life going on? Why not just cut to the chase sort us all into wheat and chaff right now?

Why the facade?

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟92,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good knows the future, every thought, action and outcome that ever was or will be. That's are no limits on his knowledge.

So what is the point of this human life going on? Why not just cut to the chase sort us all into wheat and chaff right now?

Why the facade?

I can't know God's thoughts for sure, but I can pose 3 reasonable answers.

God skipping the world's 6000+ years of human history is incompatible with foreknowing future events that never would have happened. The question assumes an impossibility.

If God created the world and us us for his glory and pleasure, eliminating the world's 6000+ years of human history would negate that glory and pleasure.

God didn't create us to just enter heaven, but clearly wants us to grow our souls and character here in this imperfect world in preparation for the new world to come.

I'm sure there are other possible reasons, but I don't think the answer's important, nor the question any kind of stumbling block for a believer.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Why the facade?

Because you haven't lived your complete life yet. You're not everything that you'll yet become before the dust settles. Once it does, then He'll sort us all out. Think of it as the act of baking bread. You wouldn't want to pull it out of the oven before it's finished ...

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think what he is saying is God has already sorted it all out.

Right. And I think you're relevant to point this out. But the fact that he followed it up with the questions that he did demonstrates (to md) that he's needing some additional contexts to the whole ball of wax ... some more or less apophatic sorts of contexts.

My point is this: It's not as if we can just say "Omni-science" and that somehow with the speech act of asserting this term there automatically comes along with it certian logical nuances or necessities we can just "tweek" out of our notion of that very term. No, I'm afreaid we don't have a full understanding of what omni-science is,or does, or as to what it logically should do. We have some Christians though who confuse the inquiry by saying, "Boy, step aside! We have this covered in our Systematic Theology and we know exactly why and how God would have done such and such."

I'm going to be the one to say that while we know that Christ saves us, we can't logically see clearly the necessities of His All-Knowing position. We can't really answer the OP's question in any clear, definitive way. I just happen to think that "Baker Analogy" is a close to any practical answer as we can have, all thing human considered.

... And life goes on for, I think, that reason.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Why the facade?
Wisdom is knowing the best means to the best end.

God is Infinite Wisdom.

His ways are best and his purpose is best. . .and neither his ways nor his purpose are like ours (Isa 55:8-9), including cutting to the chase.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,750.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why the facade?

If a mayor knows in advance who a criminal is. Is it good for the mayor to put the criminal to jail without giving the criminal a fair trial?

One of the purposes of planet earth is for all evil to show up openly then eradicated once and for all by means of a legal/lawful process known as the Final Judgment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God: When are humans going to start asking for me to release them from Earth instead of repeating the failed millennia approach of doing nothing?
That ain't God talkin'.

Humans don't run the show.

There's a plan, and it will be fully executed, no short-cuts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It appears you are fully aware of the details of this plan.
They are found in Scripture.
Because it is far more intelligent to ask God to take us off this planet rather than your failed approach
You ain't gettin' me to agree that anything is more intelligent than what the omniscience of God does.

Who you gonna' trust? . . .God, or your lyin' eyes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When are humans going to start asking for me to release them from Earth
Logical, considering He put us here to learn a lesson. Once that lesson is learned that our will is backwards to His, He will eventually remove us. It's called death of the flesh in both senses.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Logical, considering He put us here to learn a lesson. Once that lesson is learned that our will is backwards to His, He will eventually remove us. It's called death of the flesh in both senses.
So Children dying get the chance to learn that lesson? Face it, God is NOT in control of this world whatsoever. Maybe he is in eternity, but not here.

Upvote 0