Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Pope does not endorse the theory of evolution, though he may believe it is true. It is not diametrically opposed to the Genesis accounts, however. The Bible tells us how to go to heaven. Science tries to tell us how the heavens go. Neither delves into the other, though both have tried (faith trying to delve into science, and science trying to delve into faith).

So he is promoting evolution theory whilst denying the super natural agency of God according to the Genesis Creation account. Your reply is a psychological one that requires me to repeat what I previously stated.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So he is promoting evolution theory whilst denying the super natural agency of God according to the Genesis Creation account. Your reply is a psychological one that requires me to repeat what I previously stated.
Why do you think he's promoting one over the other? He neither promotes evolution, nor denies God's supremacy and creativity.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He implies that if God uses his miraculous supernatural agency in case of the creation Genesis account, then he is a magician who intervenes against the natural laws and therefore this is not what he did or does, hence evolution of man must be the way it happened to why man has become man today.

This notion of an evolving creation (indication evolution theory) is completely opposite to what God said after he formed the world and created life. What did God say.

Genesis 1:31
Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day.

Apparently those peddling the evolving creation consistent with the evolution theory are challenging the Genesis account by voicing their opinions, that it was NOT very good, it was ever evolving, hence calling God a, Hmmmmmmm.......

We saw that venture in the Garden when the serpent attacks God's character by subtly implying that he is being dishonest with Adam and Eve and somehow holding back truth.

The forbidden fruit today is to eat the fruit of evolution and its theories and to call God a something I dare not write down and a magician that I only quote him being called, Hmmmmmmm.....

This basically sums up the subtleness of his statement.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He actually doesn't say that on the clip that the article contained. I think it would be helpful to hear what word he used in Italian, or whatever language he was speaking.

I think all we can say is that the press translated something that the Pope said in another language as "God is not a divine being." That doesn't mean that their translation is accurate.

Bingo. I strongly suspect it's a translation issues, and there might even be some deliberate shenanigans involved, depending on who did the translation. I'd go with a translation from the Vatican.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He implies that if God uses his miraculous supernatural agency in case of the creation Genesis account, then he is a magician who intervenes against the natural laws and therefore this is not what he did or does, hence evolution of man must be the way it happened to why man has become man today.

This notion of an evolving creation (indication evolution theory) is completely opposite to what God said after he formed the world and created life. What did God say.

Apparently those peddling the evolving creation consistent with the evolution theory are challenging the Genesis account by voicing their opinions, that it was NOT very good, it was ever evolving, hence calling God a, Hmmmmmmm.......

We saw that venture in the Garden when the serpent attacks God's character by subtly implying that he is being dishonest with Adam and Eve and somehow holding back truth.

The forbidden fruit today is to eat the fruit of evolution and its theories and to call God a something I dare not write down and a magician that I only quote him being called, Hmmmmmmm.....

This basically sums up the subtleness of his statement.
That's your interpretation, and you're entitled to it, but it's wrong.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do you know the greek word that is used in Acts 17?
I do not know Geek, but I doubt it is the same word that the Pope used

Catholics believe in miracles
we believe that Jesus multiplied the loaves of bread and the fishes

Indeed. I doubt seriously Pope Francis is denying miracles or what we mean by "divinity" in English.

For that matter, all we mean by "divinity" in English is "god" and by "divine" we only mean "godly." I suspect that the specific Italian term used by the Pope has different connotations in Italian probably more in line with what we'd mean by "genie."

Upvote 0

Berean777

Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's your interpretation, and you're entitled to it, but it's wrong.

My opinion is in defence of the miraculous works of God through his supernatural agency.

As far as the evolving creation theory is concerned, Hmmmmm... That would mean it was not perfect or very good to begin with and that would be not what God said.

Genesis 1:31
31 And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

My opinion you say?......Hmmmmmm.....hardly.......it is one of the the central tenants of Christianity and has nothing to do with my opinion even if I defend God's name and his sovereign power to do his works supernaturally, regardless of what evolutionists would have the deceived of the world to believe.

Keep EVILution out of Christianity it has no place in it, for what has light to do with darkness and darkness to do with light.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Indeed. I doubt seriously Pope Francis is denying miracles or what we mean by "divinity" in English.

For that matter, all we mean by "divinity" in English is "god" and by "divine" we only mean "godly." I suspect that the specific Italian term used by the Pope has different connotations in Italian probably more in line with what we'd mean by "genie."

not sure if you read all of this thread
I went over that the term used in Italian came from the Greek
the word is "Demiurge" in English and Greek and Demiurgo in Italian
the word was used by Plato for some kind of creator of the earthly world, as opposed to the ideal world of Platonic "shapes" or the realm of pure concepts
this term, Demiurge was used by Gnostics and occultists to mean a lesser creator, the being that made the physical world when the ultimate Creator made the spiritual word

It is an odd term, at least from an English speakers POV
maybe the Pope could have worded it better?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My opinion is in defence of the miraculous works of God through his supernatural agency.

As far as the evolving creation theory is concerned, Hmmmmm... That would mean it was not perfect or very good to begin with and that would be not what God said.

My opinion you say?......Hmmmmmm.....hardly.......it is one of the the central tenants of Christianity and has nothing to do with my opinion even if I defend God's name and his sovereign power to do his works supernaturally, regardless of what evolutionists would have the deceived of the world to believe.

Keep EVILution out of Christianity it has no place in it, for what has light to do with darkness and darkness to do with light.
I said it was your opinion of the Pope's statements. It is just that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not sure if you read all of this thread
I went over that the term used in Italian came from the Greek
the word is "Demiurge" in English and Greek and Demiurgo in Italian
the word was used by Plato for some kind of creator of the earthly world, as opposed to the ideal world of Platonic "shapes" or the realm of pure concepts
this term, Demiurge was used by Gnostics and occultists to mean a lesser creator, the being that made the physical world when the ultimate Creator made the spiritual word

It is an odd term, at least from an English speakers POV
maybe the Pope could have worded it better?

Gotcha.

Upvote 0