Girl buried alive thanks God for rescue.

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Come on Christians.

He challenged the thought of thanking God and no one stood up for God.
Not one has tried to explain it to the non-believers.
It is hard to explain, but don't chase away, those that challenge you.
Billnew.. there is a forum for apologetics. This isn't it.

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
StromRider said:
Did she then curse god for allowing the 17 year old to kidnap and rape her and leave her in a garbage dumpster? No? Then why thank him when it was the police who found her?

Your asking for God to take away free will, then? That includes your choice to not believe in him. God works through all circumstances, making good things arise out of bad things.

Anyone can praise God during the good times, it takes spiritual strength to praise him in the bad.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Petunia said:
Billnew.. there is a forum for apologetics. This isn't it.

Anywhere and everywhere. That is when we must explain in the context of the OP why we believe as we do.

NOn-beleiver's won't go out of their way to find out why.
They just laugh and say religion is so blind.

I may have went a little long in that post but It was a question he asked and I thought it a good one.

PIN me to the cross and whip me. I believe all questions about God deserve an answer. Even if dripping with contempt, the question might find a chink in the
non-believers armor.

I may not reap, but some were meant to plow, some to plant, and some to reap. I will offer answers, rather then rebuff the question.

Upvote 0

Heiroglyph

Jan 6, 2005
✟7,492.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
StromRider said:
Did she then curse god for allowing the 17 year old to kidnap and rape her and leave her in a garbage dumpster? No? Then why thank him when it was the police who found her?

I get so tired of such ranting. Would her mother have cursed god if the child had been found dead? Of course not. God only takes credit for the good things that people do, he hasn't got the stones to take credit for the bad things people do.

But wait. Isn't he all powerful and seeing and knowing? Would he then not be responsible for all that goes on if he is responsible for any of it?

And I'm a father of a nine year old girl so I'm as happy as anyone she was found alive.
Well that is a good question. God gives us all free will so that we can choose to follow His will. Sure He could make us all like robots who only do what He wants all the time. If He did that then we would not be able to honor Him, anymore than if you created a bunch of little robots who just followed their programming could honor you. All people, even Christians suffer and the reason for tha perhaps I can't explain best even if I understand. I'll give it a go though. We have to go through suffering so that we can praise God. For one, suffering allows you to better appreciate the times when you are not suffering. If your life was all comfort and leisure you would not be able to appreciate it. God gives us struggles to overcome to build our character and strength. If you never exert yourself physically you will be very weak. The same goes for spirituality. If you never have to struggle to keep your faith it will not be very strong. God also allows things to happen to us to test us. Without a chance to pass a test, we would not have a chance to be victorius and glorify God. We all suffer in this world. If we can pass through those trials and become stronger and more faithful and be victorius then we will be in Heaven in eternal bliss and in a state where we can really enjoy it to boot.
OK hope that helps you!

Upvote 0

Faithful nonbeliever

Professional arguer
Jul 18, 2004
Alaska
✟8,556.00
Faith
Agnostic
Kelly said:
Your asking for God to take away free will, then? That includes your choice to not believe in him. God works through all circumstances, making good things arise out of bad things.

I am willing to bet that that poor excuse for a man intended to kill that poor girl, so do you think god interfered with his free will?

Upvote 0

Heiroglyph

Jan 6, 2005
✟7,492.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Faithful nonbeliever said:
I am willing to bet that that poor excuse for a man intended to kill that poor girl, so do you think god interfered with his free will?
Nope. God allows you to try to do whatever you want. He doesn't necessarily allow you to succeed though.

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟130,165.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Billnew said:
Come on Christians.

Thanks for the reply Bill, at least you took the time and effort to answer the question instead of slamming me for having the audacity to ask it. I was wondering why no one was addressing it.

As to which directory on the site your answer should go on who cares? My post was here so why would you have to make a new thread somewhere else to answer it?

I really didn't mean to cause all this trouble guys. The question just came to me as I read the post. No nefarious atheist plot to raise hell - oops, bad phrasing :)

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I admit that I get very frustrated with the rash of baby/child killings and molestations we've been hearing about lately. It makes me so sad. I wonder why God would let it happen.

Let's not forget what Christ himself had to think about. Remember what happened to ALL the baby boys in his hometown before he and his family fled to Egypt? What about the children killed by Pharaoh when Moses was a baby? We all know what happened to babies and children in the Nazi concentration camps.

Basically, the world has always been filled with evil and abuse of babies is nothing new. It will all be over someday, though...and all those innocents will be restored.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
StromRider said:
Thanks for the reply Bill, at least you took the time and effort to answer the question instead of slamming me for having the audacity to ask it. I was wondering why no one was addressing it.

As to which directory on the site your answer should go on who cares? My post was here so why would you have to make a new thread somewhere else to answer it?

I really didn't mean to cause all this trouble guys. The question just came to me as I read the post. No nefarious atheist plot to raise hell - oops, bad phrasing :)

In my life before finding Jesus, I asked this question. Like I posted I don't have the answer of why these things happen, but I beleive there is a reason.
A reason simple humans can't concieve.

So to those that said I am wrong to answer, I must disagree with you.
Pointing out a reason of following God is never a fault.

Don't think every question is a trap or trick. Even if poorly worded(not saying these were) they could be the one time someone is actually looking for direction.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
stromrider said:
Sorry you felt 'slammed'.. but I didn't slam you. You said you're so sick of heaing Christians rant about their faith. I asked you what you're doing on a Christian forum if you're so sick of it.
So to those that said I am wrong to answer, I must disagree with you.
Pointing out a reason of following God is never a fault.
I never said you were 'wrong' to answer. I said there's a place for 'apologetics'.. and this isn't it. I answered myself with a passage from the bible. Apparently you didn't think that was sufficient or you wouldn't have claimed that no one stood up for God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Billnew said:
Come on Christians.

You are a class act, Billnew. :)

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
kdet said:
You know what is amazing? The faith of little children. I guess that is why God said this

"Truly I tell you unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven."
(Matthew 18:3).

Off topic but have to add:

My daughter was 3 when the Trade Center Towers went down, we didn't discuss it with her. Now she's 6 and we were watching a program about what happened inside the towers when the planes hit. I was explaining and not getting to theological/political about the whole thing. She said "I bet God was mad at those people" (referring to the terrorists). I replied "Well, sad maybe, but not mad". She looked thoughtful and then said. "Well, it's ok because now God gets to be with all those people in Heaven."

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kelly said:
Off topic but have to add:

My daughter was 3 when the Trade Center Towers went down, we didn't discuss it with her. Now she's 6 and we were watching a program about what happened inside the towers when the planes hit. I was explaining and not getting to theological/political about the whole thing. She said "I bet God was mad at those people" (referring to the terrorists). I replied "Well, sad maybe, but not mad". She looked thoughtful and then said. "Well, it's ok because now God gets to be with all those people in Heaven."

That's a wonderful story, thanks for sharing that with us. If only we could be more like children in our faith.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
kdet said:
That's a wonderful story, thanks for sharing that with us. If only we could be more like children in our faith.

If only. Of course that would mean never acknowledging the Christian truth about going to heaven...what with the whole salvation thing and all. Unfortunately for us adults we get to hear all the dirty details while kids get to go on believing all people go to heaven when they die. ::sigh::

I'm glad this girl was found and I have no problem with her thanking God or anyone else for it, but I will never believe that God has a hand in anything happening here on earth. Good or bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
flicka said:
If only. Of course that would mean never acknowledging the Christian truth about going to heaven...what with the whole salvation thing and all. Unfortunately for us adults we get to hear all the dirty details while kids get to go on believing all people go to heaven when they die. ::sigh::

I'm glad this girl was found and I have no problem with her thanking God or anyone else for it, but I will never believe that God has a hand in anything happening here on earth. Good or bad.

Truly sad.

I can not accept that we live and die with no greater cause.
No creator, the entire world just a freak of nature,
No guide, no protector, no one to look up to.

IMHO Nothing happens by chance in this world. God or Satan has a hand in everything.

Reactions: SuzQ
Upvote 0

LegacyOfLove

Senior Veteran
Nov 13, 2004
Visit site
✟10,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I first heard the story on TV that she had been found...and alive after all that had happened to her, my heart truly went out to her. She is a remarkable young lady. God truly was watching over her that day. I'm thanking God for those officers who found her and to God for protecting her life while those officers and the people who loved her searched tirelessly for her. May God bless them all!

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I were the judge, I know what I would do to the guy who did that to the little girl.

I would put his body under a pile of heavy rocks, out in the middle of the Mojave Desert -- and then leave. :mad:

God forgive me for saying this, but are certain things which are absolutely inexcusable -- and raping a young girl, and leaving her to die under large rocks is one of them.

Upvote 0

Alarum

Nov 5, 2004
✟6,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
UberLutheran said:
If I were the judge, I know what I would do to the guy who did that to the little girl.

I would put his body under a pile of heavy rocks, out in the middle of the Mojave Desert -- and then leave. :mad:

God forgive me for saying this, but are certain things which are absolutely inexcusable -- and raping a young girl, and leaving her to die under large rocks is one of them.
I agree. I know God says to love anybody, but some people are difficult. On the other hand I think that decades in prison is a fitting punishment - they're not all that nice to child molesters in prison (it's not a total stereotype to say that quite a few were molested themselves, and besides... there are some things you don't do).

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Praise God for the remarkable survival & attitude of this precious, little girl. :pray:

What really bothers me is that no one around this teenage boy knew he was capable of this??? He's been tossed around from home to home, and I just wonder if this poor little girl got the brunt of his hatred for the world.

People are born with sin, but most of us are not born "evil". It's generally created by what we've been surrounded with (or NOT surrounded with) in childhood. Someone let this boy down pretty good, IMO, for him to be capable of the violence & have such utter disregard for a child's life! And with sexual assaults on children, almost always the perpetrator has been abused themselves at one point or another. This boy needs some serious psychological help NOW, before it's too late. Otherwise he'll got to jail, get out in his 30's & do the same thing all over again. Most adult sex offenders cannot be rehabilitated, as we all know.

Upvote 0