Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Political compass of the 2016 primaries. Trump is more Authoritarian Right now than then.
View attachment 337251

However, I'm not able to accept that chart, considering they likely included Trump’s immigration policies as "authoritarian", when it shouldn't be included (since they're not American citizens).

Also, according to the chart, Trump is only as far right as Bush, and is less right wing than Rubio, and Cruz.

Realistically, Trump is only slightly more right than Bill Clinton.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump has been openly accepting of the LGBTQ community, has never attempted to ban books, and holds a more moderate view on abortion than the "religious-right".

In 2016, Trump claimed he was pro-LGBT while trying to be elected. After he got in office, his administration consistently rolled back protections for the LGBT community. I believe most in that "community" find Trump just as anti-LGBT as DeSantis.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
However, I'm not able to accept that chart, considering they likely included Trump’s immigration policies as "authoritarian", when it shouldn't be included (since they're not American citizens).

Also, according to the chart, Trump is only as far right as Bush, and is less right wing than Rubio, and Cruz.
Here's how I approached the chart; I took the test. I learned what issues were in play and where my views fell on the chart.
It seems pretty close - for me. Your experience could vary.

• Informative
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In 2016, Trump claimed he was pro-LGBT while trying to be elected. After he got in office, his administration consistently rolled back protections for the LGBT community. I believe most in that "community" find Trump just as anti-LGBT as DeSantis.
Say one thing - do something different is a defacto Trump M.O.

• Winner
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I suspect Pence had a great amount of influence in that decision.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Pence Adviser Says Matt Gaetz ‘Came Here For the Teenage Interns On Capitol Hill’ – Not To Govern

“But the people who were masquerading as fiscal conservatives really, really aren’t, Jake,” Short added. “I mean, Matt Gaetz, to say he came as a fiscal crusader, it’s more likely he came here for the teenage interns on Capitol Hill, to be honest. Look, he’s voted for continuing resolutions. He’s voted for omnibus bills. He voted for trillions of dollars in Covid spending. Even this year, he put forward an earmark, and yet he’s presented himself as, ‘I’m doing to do this for the fiscal benefit of the country.’ That’s not honest. The guy just has a distaste for Kevin and used the rules to dethrone him.”

Upvote 0