PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can you show us the difference between Cro-Magnon and today's Humans? Of course not.
Cro-Magnons are literally just the earliest populations of our species in Europe. They aren't even early Homo sapiens, existing between 10k and 35k years ago. I've already mentioned that there are no relevant biological differences between humans that predate 11k years ago and those that exist after as an argument AGAINST you, because if Noah introduced any novel genes into the population right then that are at all relevant to intelligence, we'd see their influence on a genetic scale. And we don't.

The Cro-Magnons would be shorter than the modern average, but that is all I'd really see in their bodies that would be particularly notable. Now, if I was looking at a Homo sapiens body that was 100k years old, there would be a few more differences, such as more robust bones and a slightly smaller brain than today's average.

Genesis One shows that whatever God "creates" is destined for Heaven IF you understand it. FYI, "every living creature that moveth" goes.
Understanding scripture and believing it are two different things. I can understand the concept of two headed dragons with donkey heads for feet just fine without believing such a thing exists. Likewise, a person could misinterpret that description and yet believe such a thing, as they interpret it, exists.

It's why hypnotism works and produces events from one's life down to the very thoughts at the time. How else could the following words from Jesus be correct?

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Only about 5-10% of people are highly susceptible to hypnosis, and while it can make people remember certain details better, it's not a source of perfect recall. Absolutely no one can remember literally every bit of information their brain has ever consciously processed.

Also, you are just assuming that those words are correct. Even if you did demonstrate that it was physically possible for a person to remember everything (which you haven't), that wouldn't make that biblical verse true by default.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

The flood details are hidden from everyone except Christians in the last days. God hid the details in order to "catch men" who are "willingly ignorant" of WHY He hid the details. In the end, more terrible punishment will be given to those who teach little children that evolution is a fact and Jesus is a religion. They offend these little ones and cause them to doubt God's Holy Word and Jesus.
-_- acting as if you have access to special knowledge other people aren't is not helpful and so many religious people make such claims that I don't find them to be interesting in the slightest. The poster that goes by the name of "dad" does much the same, but you and I would both agree that he has no special knowledge about the bible; so why should I view you any differently when you act the same way?

Whenever Christians point out bible verses that essentially say "non-believers can't understand the bible", it's super annoying because there is no means by which I or anyone else could convincingly disprove those statements in the eyes of a believer, no matter how knowledgeable about the bible a person is. A believer can't dispute those verses on our behalf, because their knowledge is that of a believer, so it should be entirely possible for them to understand the bible, and it is also possible for them not to. A non-believer can't dispute it, because viewing the bible as incorrect means "they just don't get it", as far as the people that post these verses are concerned. It's just a super annoying way of blocking the debate.

The 450 ft Ark would have broken apart if it had landed on the side or top of a mountain. Noah and his family could not have stayed thousands of feet in the mountains and survived the first winter he spent on our planet. He stayed in the Ark from July to February and only left at the command of God. No other Lake in the area was a short walk into Northern Mesopotamia between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. etc.
Don't even bother mentioning the ark's stability as an argument, because it is already well known that the ark as described in the bible wouldn't have been able to float in water at all, let alone remain intact as the water receded. None of the lakes are a "short" walk to Northern Mesopotamia, and Lake Urmia certainly isn't so much farther from it than Lake Van to make it impossible to get there.

Just after spending 5 months enclosed in the Ark? The Raven didn't have any problem flying to shore, Gen 8:7 since it did NOT return to the Ark.
I don't know why you kinda contradict yourself, seeing as you seem to think being cooped up in the ark would make the animals so sickly that the dove couldn't fly much, but the raven could? I also don't know why you don't consider the possibility that the raven drowned; it's not like Noah ever sees it again, and he brought 7 of each bird "kind".

They don't fit the description better than Lake Van, Turkey and neither are a closer walk to Northern Mesopotamia, etc.
Lake Urmia fits the verses just as well as Lake Van, for the verses do not mention any lake at all. Not only that, but I don't think Lake Urmia is significantly more distant from Northern Mesopotamia than Lake Van is. It seems equally reasonable to travel from there to Northern Mesopotamia as it does to get there from Lake Van. Lake Urmia was historically larger, meaning that its shores would have been more distant and thus make it more probable that it may have once been large enough that a dove couldn't fly from the center to the shore from some directions.

But again, your contentions are too weak, you have to actually eliminate the other two lakes as possibilities. Since it is very obvious that Lake Van is never mentioned in the bible, you must show that Lake Sevan and Lake Urmia actually have some quality that would prevent them from fulfilling the same exact role that Lake Van does in your biblical interpretation as it is. No more adding stuff.

I also want to know why you care what lake it is. I'm only pushing the issue because you seem unwilling for any other lake to fulfill the role, and I want to know why. It seems like such an insignificant detail.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why don't you and Steve debate Sarah on scientific concepts? Are you afraid of looking foolish?
Why would they debate me? "Debates" in which all participants generally agree are boring as heck. It'd just end up being a random knowledge swap.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
-_- acting as if you have access to special knowledge other people aren't is not helpful and so many religious people make such claims that I don't find them to be interesting in the slightest. The poster that goes by the name of "dad" does much the same, but you and I would both agree that he has no special knowledge about the bible; so why should I view you any differently when you act the same way?

It's because I show the agreement of Scripture with recent discoveries of Science and History. I am not special BUT I understand Genesis One and that's what makes my view more relevant. It identifies me as a Christian in the last days before Jesus returns.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

I also want to know why you care what lake it is. I'm only pushing the issue because you seem unwilling for any other lake to fulfill the role, and I want to know why. It seems like such an insignificant detail.

It agrees with Genesis 8:4 which shows that the Ark was upon the mountains of Ararat on the 150th day after the flood began. Lake Van fits the description and is big enough and deep enough to dock Adam's entire firmament/Heaven/Universe, and it's still there. Someone should tell a nice greedy T.V. Evangelist. Amen?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Why would they debate me? "Debates" in which all participants generally agree are boring as heck. It'd just end up being a random knowledge swap.

My suggestion was that they are simply "playing" science. When they have to debate someone with current knowledge, they back down, run away or change their Screen Names.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My suggestion was that they are simply "playing" science. When they have to debate someone with current knowledge, they back down, run away or change their Screen Names.
There's literally only 1 person that has ever participated on here that is confirmed to make sock accounts multiple times in an obvious way, and that's consol. No one likes consol. And they haven't been back in a while.

Upvote 0