Gay-rights groups make covert plans to crash the annual White House Easter egg roll.

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Weekly Standard
by Mark D. Tooley
01/17/2006

A church-based homosexual rights group is planning to crash the event with a "family visibility action" to spotlight their non-traditional families . .

"On April 17, 2006, when the White House lawn is opened to families for the Annual Easter Egg Roll, imagine if the first 1,000 families onto the lawn were LGBT [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender] families," enthused a January 4 email alert from Soulforce. Once America sees the White House lawn awash in LGBT families, "there will be no going back," Soulforce promised . . .

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/596bqyrw.asp

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

""

Jul 8, 2005
✟27,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There will be very young children on the White House lawn on that day. Young children do not understand protests. They do understand that large groups of yelling people are scary, and to them it doesn't matter if the groups of people are gay & lesbian, pro-life, pro-choice, or american idol groupies. This is not a way to make your point. Frightening children needlessly will not gain you any supporters. I would say the same thing to any group wanting to protest. Any group.

Reactions: Moros
Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
they're not planning to picket or shout... they're planning to be the first 1,000 families so they can enjoy the hunt. they have a political goal- to show happy LGBT families with happy children celebrating easter. They have been a marginalized population, and this is a good public showing for them. If they can manage to be much or all of the first 1000 families, good for them. If they can't, then the families who get there first will be on the Easter Egg hunt. no problems here

Upvote 0

GAPCanadianChristian

Jan 4, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
✟568.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Voegelin said:
The Weekly Standard
by Mark D. Tooley
01/17/2006

A church-based homosexual rights group is planning to crash the event with a "family visibility action" to spotlight their non-traditional families . .

"On April 17, 2006, when the White House lawn is opened to families for the Annual Easter Egg Roll, imagine if the first 1,000 families onto the lawn were LGBT [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender] families," enthused a January 4 email alert from Soulforce. Once America sees the White House lawn awash in LGBT families, "there will be no going back," Soulforce promised . . .

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/596bqyrw.asp

Three cheers for Soulforce!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GAPCanadianChristian

Jan 4, 2006
✟568.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Galilean said:
Actually, I guess I agree with you. I would hope the entire thing wouldn't have to be called off just because these people want to ruin it for everyone.

Ruin it for everyone? Maybe it's about time that gay families were included. To me it looks more like it has been straight people ruining things for gay people for many years.

Upvote 0

GAPCanadianChristian

Jan 4, 2006
✟568.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Adiya said:
There will be very young children on the White House lawn on that day. Young children do not understand protests. They do understand that large groups of yelling people are scary, and to them it doesn't matter if the groups of people are gay & lesbian, pro-life, pro-choice, or american idol groupies. This is not a way to make your point. Frightening children needlessly will not gain you any supporters. I would say the same thing to any group wanting to protest. Any group.

Who said anything about yelling? Aren't they just trying to be the ones who get there first?

Upvote 0

GAPCanadianChristian

Jan 4, 2006
✟568.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Gay-rights groups make covert plans to crash the annual White House Easter egg roll.

I just love the title of this thread... "covert plans" ... yep, it's all part of the secret gay agenda. Obviously this thing isn't very covert if we all know about it.

Upvote 0
G

Galilean

Ok,
read the article.

Soulforce is the political organizing tool of self-described "militant gay activist" Mel White, the former Jerry Falwell speech writer who discovered his gayness and became a clergyman in the predominantly homosexual Metropolitan Community Churches.

They call themsleves militants.
They said they represent sexual minorties. That doesn't just mean
gays and lesbians. There could indeed be pedophiles at this thing.
Also, its one thing to support homosexual marriages/families whatever, but transgender?
Are they going to try and tell us that transexuals are normal, healthy and happy?

Yes, they are making covert plans, my freind, they pretty much admit it themselves.
Do you know what 'covert plans' means? they are making covert plans. If you say
'we are going to make it so x people make it in as the first 1000 people to this event',
those are covet plans. They are self-proffessed militiants, so this is a little
different then your normal gay rights group (and as far as I'm aware most gay
rights groups don't represent transgender families or 'other sexual minorities'.

Seemingly few (if any) Washingtonians have ever tried to exploit the annual White House Easter Egg Roll for political purposes.

You think its ok to exploit this event so you can push your opinion on everyone else?
I doubt all the people going actually care about the easter egg hunt. The intent
in this should be obvious to everyone. It's not like there are security guards
at the gates of this thing making sure that gay people can't come in or anything,
I'm sure gay people have turned up at this thing in the past.
Oh, and by the way, yeh, I do think that children shouldn't have to see
families with two dads or two mums, or any combination of transexual parents. Unfortunatley,
the parents bringing their children aren't going to have a chance to choose how they
want to raise their kids. After all, these people are all about bigotry and forcing
their opinions on everyon else:

White and his supporters routinely show up at church conventions and other events to protest, perform acts of civil disobedience and demand that denominations change their teachings about homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Galilean said:
Also, its one thing to support homosexual marriages/families whatever, but transgender?
Are they going to try and tell us that transexuals are normal, healthy and happy?

When I don't have people like you crawling out my butt telling me I'm a freak, I'm pretty happy. When I'm not being told I'm a freak from another planet, I'm just as happy as the next girl.

Upvote 0