Gap is making stringed bikinis for toddlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, geez....what's the point of spending on fancy swimsuits when it's gonna get soiled or ripped or yanked off anyways?

also, what's wrong with innocence in kids..? why are adults in such a hurry to get their kids to grow up already sexualized??

babies, toddlers and kids are NOT toys for gosh's sake...they're human beings and deserve to have a normal childhood!

man..!

Upvote 0

Elife3

Jun 12, 2007
✟8,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh, geez....what's the point of spending on fancy swimsuits when it's gonna get soiled or ripped or yanked off anyways?

also, what's wrong with innocence in kids..? why are adults in such a hurry to get their kids to grow up already sexualized??

babies, toddlers and kids are NOT toys for gosh's sake...they're human beings and deserve to have a normal childhood!

man..!
Unfortunatly, much of the public has been seduced & blinded because you never hear about what's wrong with sexualizing at an early age. In fact, all of this seduction may even give people the wrong perspective (e.g. some may actually think it's cute but realistically it isn't but after being desensitized, some may actually accept or tolerate it).

Upvote 0

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I guess this is the wrong thread to say that here it's not that uncommon for babies to go naked. :p

^_^

it might not be a big deal if there weren't pedophiles lustfully hanging out at swimming pools or other public swimming areas.

Remember that.

Pedophiles will lust after your child whether they are in a string bikini or winter wool coats. You won't stop a pedophile by overdressing your kids.

Remember also that in many third world countries, it is common to see very young children run naked (or without any pants on). When I was a toddler in China, the split bottom pants were common and all children under the age of four would wear pants that were open at the crotch.

I'd be more offended by adults that complain of toddlers who are dressed indecently because kids that young should dress to stay warm, not to cover up obscene body parts.

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

Article:
http://consumerist.com/consumer/sup...bikinis-now-available-for-toddlers-273272.php

We really are living in the days of Noah, and it's getting this bad. Seriously. Here's more on how immodest clothing has become:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/0628kidsclothes0714.html

Now, finding clothing that's actually modest is becoming rare and I'm not surprised if some women are taking up clothes making and making the clothing for their daughters themselves.

that grosses me out and anyone who would buy this for their kids has some serious mental issues to work through. We need some class.....

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2006
✟35,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was gonna say, most people I know dont even bother with bathing suits for toddlers. Their kids usually tear them off the first chance they got.
:thumbsup: True, most babies and toddlers I've seen don't wear a bathing suit, just a diaper and maybe a t-shirt/onesie.
Pedophiles will lust after your child whether they are in a string bikini or winter wool coats. You won't stop a pedophile by overdressing your kids.
Very true.

I find the bathing suit offensive because it's not something I would even allow a 12-15yr. old to wear. It's just too skimpy. I've seen preschool and preteens wearing those sort of bathing suits which I think is inappropriate.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, why are adults in such a hurry to get their kids to grow up already sexualized??

Ultimately teenagers are influenced by their friends on clothing...and unfortunately, most parents want to be their child's "friend".

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

True...but does that mean you allow your daughter to go to the mall with a tube top and her gut exposed becauuuuuuuuse she was going to be kidnapped and raped later anyway?

What children/ teenagers wear says a LOT about their parents values, their own values, and what they might need to expect from wandering men/hormone driven boys.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are we putting toddlers in bathing suits, anyway?

They're just going to take them off. WE did, back when I was a kid.

I really don't see the problem with letting very small children run naked. It's not like THEY care about what are the "proper" clothes. :doh:

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
You got that right and for demand to drop we need to protest. Gap should be ashamed of themselves for trying to get innocent babies to dress like harlot$.
Protesting doesn't drop demand. Not buying from them drops demand. This whole being-righteously-indignant-solves-everything attitude needs to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thread is closed as the linked articles are both blogs and also not current they are from June 28th 2007 - from our guidelines here:
http://christianforums.com/t4220315-news-and-current-events-statement-of-purpose.html

4. News is defined as: New information about specific and timely events.

5. Current Events are defined as: Broader concepts and happenings above and beyond individual events.

7. Blogs are acceptable as news sources ONLY if no other source is carrying the information - and are subject to the discretion of staff

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.