Gambling. You gotta know when to hold 'em...

jsw_24

Apr 14, 2005
MS
✟530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think gambling is "bad"? I mean if you don't obsess over it and let it run/ruin your life. Isn't it like going to a big arcade? People might say you're wasting your money. But aren't you wasting your money if you, go to an amusement park, play games @ a fair (love that ping-pong ball in the goldfish bowl), buy new designer clothes, fancy cars, gaudy house, go to the arcade, participate in a raffle, etc. All these things you don't necessarliy "need", just want. Anyways, just wondering your take(s).

The_White

Jun 5, 2004
Maitland
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
It is a form of entertainment as you said, what ya gotta do is say that you are going to spend $X, when you run out of that you have used up you entertainment allowance, if you come out with more GREAT well done you, if you come out with less, well, ya woulda used however you did. The problem comes with people who are not able or wiling to do that, people who will go in and keep spending and spending, although in my expeirence these people are likely to do this in any context.

All that siad, you ARE more likely to spend more than you want gambling that on other forms of entertainment simply due to a little feeling in the back of your head that surly it is YOUR turn to win so it doesn't matter if you spen the extra $20 because you ARE going to make it all back. Can be dangerous, you just need to be strong with yourself.

Upvote 0

Our Sacred Honor

May 31, 2005
east bay
Visit site
✟527.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
i have no problem with gamling once so ever...but u can get very caught up in it...i used to play on this site called pokerroom.com (very fun) but i got caught up in it. so i guess u just kinna be careful. like jsw_24 said..i have no problem with it but i know people who think its horrible...my teacher for example will fight this to the death...she thinks its horrible...but i guess its all up to you....because i think if u get TOO caught up it could be gettin bad.

Upvote 0