Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟678,342.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your explanation of the law of love, you just describe the 10 commandments and the purpose of their existence.
No I didn't. The law of love is all about morality. the 4th commandment of the 10 is about a ritual command. It has nothing to do with loving God or our fellow man. Israelites could and did observe the Sabbath command out of duty.

Like the constitution of a nation, out of love for the citizens of the nation it is created. Now like the corrupted people then with God's law, corrupt people today enforce the law to their benefits. If the law of God and the law of the land were fully kept as it was written to be, we would live in better world.
The laws of a nation deal with both civil and moral laws. The love law of 1Jn3:19-24 deals with our fellow man and have to do with morality period.

Bob, you know well that what keeps man from doing what man do best is the fear and love of the Lord. Those who only believe in the love of the Lord will for short eventually.
I suppose if you are not saved and really claim the promises you would be right. I personally do not fear the Lord, I have claimed His promises. He has not ever asked me to observe ritual laws of the old covenant. You are way off base my friend, but you will not listen nor study the real truths of Scripture. I guess some are happy in their legalism. For me legalism is a plague.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not sure this has anything to do with the OP, but it is simple - no trap at all,
direct from Scripture:
God says Himself
whoever blesses His people God blesses;
whoever
seeks harm to Israel, God Himself curses.

(and He always did; He always kept His Word)... (and so He will do always)...
Sorry but you have to try much harder to sucker punch me on this.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Being with Jesus is the core of our beliefs as Christians. and John 5:24 clearly states that one needs to hear His voice for the blessings that one can receive by reading this text. So there is no better place for one to be than next to the Savior to hear the message of salvation.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus JN 1

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. JN 15

What further proof is necessary to show and prove the NC and the Christian have nothing to do with the law?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why? do you know that the truth can be argued or challenged but never replaced. Otherwise, it was never the truth. People may try to change it but those who know what the truth is should and will always stand by it. Why? it will set us free.
In regard to implying things, As believers of God's word, we need to know what the truth is so we then cant or wont be wrong since we are not confuse about the meaning of His Word. it was Jesus defense when tempted and it should be ours as well.
If we say we believe in His Word, and we take His Word to be all that is written in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, we accept that no being has the power to change what God says nor will ever think that God will make a mistake that needs correction. Therefore, we today believe in the same God that created Adam and Eve, and blessed Abraham to bring the message of salvation to the world. The same Creator and Anointer that since sin came about has been trying to save humanity from the devil. It is the message from Genesis to Revelation.

I dont see a trap there
You're a good SDA boy.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why? do you know that the truth can be argued or challenged but never replaced. Otherwise, it was never the truth. People may try to change it but those who know what the truth is should and will always stand by it. Why? it will set us free.
In regard to implying things, As believers of God's word, we need to know what the truth is so we then cant or wont be wrong since we are not confuse about the meaning of His Word. it was Jesus defense when tempted and it should be ours as well.
If we say we believe in His Word, and we take His Word to be all that is written in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, we accept that no being has the power to change what God says nor will ever think that God will make a mistake that needs correction. Therefore, we today believe in the same God that created Adam and Eve, and blessed Abraham to bring the message of salvation to the world. The same Creator and Anointer that since sin came about has been trying to save humanity from the devil. It is the message from Genesis to Revelation.

I dont see a trap there
I see the trap. The trap is the question game that you play. You think you have truth by asking questions and never having to prove anything that you say. Your truths are challenged but you maneuver your way by asking questions and not responding to answers for dialog that you lead. We play your game by giving you answers. You just keep asking more questions.......... You claim that Abraham brought the message of salvation to the world. What is this message you're talking about?

Upvote 0

love2obey

Mar 14, 2007
✟15,595.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I see the trap. The trap is the question game that you play. You think you have truth by asking questions and never having to prove anything that you say. Your truths are challenged but you maneuver your way by asking questions and not responding to answers for dialog that you lead. We play your game by giving you answers. You just keep asking more questions.......... You claim that Abraham brought the message of salvation to the world. What is this message you're talking about?

the same as always, the Lord is our God and His will we will do, therefore, believe in Him. When we read the bible, we fiNd that the message of who God is to us is preached by testimony, our actions say who God is. We find when Israel was faithful, it was blessed by the guidance and protection of the Almighty. when it wasnt, it had to deal with its own consequences. God walked away.
what truth are you talking about? the Sabbath, sin
I dont believe in a god of many truths and according to man's need will change His teachings. I believe in God who is the same always and forever. His teachings are the same for all man to believe and follow. Otherwise, He is not God. He does not favor one over another. those who believe will be with Him and He with them. This has been the same from Genesis to Revelation and as well with Jesus. This is the key to having faith in God. Jesus knew that when He died, He would be resurrected. Furthermore, it is the only way that one can truly see God's true nature. Otherwise, I cant believe nor trust someone that keeps changing. Would You? Throughout time, as man has changed God has changed the ways He comes to man and His teachings are the same. If not, He would be a cruel and hateful being. It is like saying that God only spoke Hebrew. so, He didnt care for nor love the rest. God speaks all languages and teaches them to all who believe in Him to share His message to the rest of the World. Therefore, His teachings are the same for every person who so ever exist.
Gen 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
So you say that I dodge the questions. Well just because I refuse to get into the bible bowl to see who knows the Bible best win, it does not mean so. Finding biblical text to keep going and going to no where does not mean I know who God is, the truth. I know who He is because He is and will always be God and not just a being that needs to reinvent himself. In the beginning of the Bible, it is where we find God and man true nature. Thereafter in the bible, we see all that has happened since man decided to have its own god to believe in beside God. Let us see the truth that some of us is not willing to address.... and that is that since the devil will not ever again be in heaven, he does not want us either. How is he doing it? by creating false teaching about the Lord that has never been as he did with Eve.
You believe in what you do and that I will respect but I dont believe in just anything or anyone. He says in the bible that He does not changes His ways or His mind, therefore, I will not accept any changes as I read the bible or blessed myself in ways that I know He will not bless me. As I read the Bible, I must see God's character in all that I read about Him or I am not really seeing God in my understanding. The great Solomon realized that will all his knowledge by not uplifting God's name, he knew or did nothing. Wisdom comes from God and God only.
SAW ME WHY WOULD GOD TAKE THE BLESSING AND SANCTIFICATION FROM SOMETHING THAT HE CREATED?
not a trick nor a trap. see your answer if God's name is uplift it. One can truly say to someone with your answer: believe, trust, God will be with you always. Lets not look for another text for support. yet, this text Gen 2:3 should enable us to understand the other text better. It was first. Just like the OT supports the NT and not vise versa.

Upvote 0

love2obey

Mar 14, 2007
✟15,595.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus JN 1

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. JN 15

What further proof is necessary to show and prove the NC and the Christian have nothing to do with the law?

bugkiller
therefore, there was no grace with Christ to share with all His disciples?
you bring to light a biblical reference to support your beliefs. You are living out the life of Jesus Christ
which is what I see in the save by grace doctrines. Such doctrine as far as I have seen, in its quest to void the law
it is leaving out Jesus Christ. Salvation can only come to man by what happen in MT Calvary. A gift to man from God
that no one is worthy of, grace. I will also tell you that some times SDA teachers are so into the law that they are leaving out what God has given humanity with Jesus, no one being worthy of, grace.
now let us look at what Jesus Himself says to those who read the scriptures and leave Him out of their beliefs: John 5:39,40
You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

When we put aside that Jesus is the living God and the living sacrifice, we are negating our true salvation. Instead, we are looking for salvation else where.
Jesus is the culmination of the new covenant. With Jesus, God rest from further attempt to keep His people from being lost. Moreover, He clearly says that "He would put the law in our mind and write it in their heart". I dont know about you but when I think of what Jesus did for me on the cross, I hurt. So, I dont want to do what I did that cause Jesus to die for me, break the law. John 15:10.
I dont get your point with this text... It clearly state that out of love for God, one keeps His commandments. it is the core of the gospel today when one dearly appreciates what Jesus has done for us.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you bring to light a biblical reference to support your beliefs. You are living out the life of Jesus Christ
which is what I see in the save by grace doctrines. Such doctrine as far as I have seen, in its quest to void the law
it is leaving out Jesus Christ. Salvation can only come to man by what happen in MT Calvary. A gift to man from God
that no one is worthy of, grace. I will also tell you that some times SDA teachers are so into the law that they are leaving out what God has given humanity with Jesus, no one being worthy of, grace.
now let us look at what Jesus Himself says to those who read the scriptures and leave Him out of their beliefs: John 5:39,40
You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

When we put aside that Jesus is the living God and the living sacrifice, we are negating our true salvation. Instead, we are looking for salvation else where.
Jesus is the culmination of the new covenant. With Jesus, God rest from further attempt to keep His people from being lost. Moreover, He clearly says that "He would put the law in our mind and write it in their heart". I dont know about you but when I think of what Jesus did for me on the cross, I hurt. So, I dont want to do what I did that cause Jesus to die for me, break the law. John 15:10.
I dont get your point with this text... It clearly state that out of love for God, one keeps His commandments. it is the core of the gospel today when one dearly appreciates what Jesus has done for us.
1 Corinthians chapter 15 verse 56
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
This shows you sin more than me because you try to obey the law, I just try to love, so I sin less because I'm not under the law.

Upvote 0

love2obey

Mar 14, 2007
✟15,595.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This shows you sin more than me because you try to obey the law, I just try to love, so I sin less because I'm not under the law.
to obey the law is not to sin and that I do out of love for Christ who died for my sins. He gave me a second chance that I am not willing to disregard and go back to my sinful ways.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
the same as always, the Lord is our God and His will we will do, therefore, believe in Him. When we read the bible, we fiNd that the message of who God is to us is preached by testimony, our actions say who God is. We find when Israel was faithful, it was blessed by the guidance and protection of the Almighty. when it wasnt, it had to deal with its own consequences. God walked away.
what truth are you talking about? the Sabbath, sin
I dont believe in a god of many truths and according to man's need will change His teachings. I believe in God who is the same always and forever. His teachings are the same for all man to believe and follow. Otherwise, He is not God. He does not favor one over another. those who believe will be with Him and He with them. This has been the same from Genesis to Revelation and as well with Jesus. This is the key to having faith in God. Jesus knew that when He died, He would be resurrected. Furthermore, it is the only way that one can truly see God's true nature. Otherwise, I cant believe nor trust someone that keeps changing. Would You? Throughout time, as man has changed God has changed the ways He comes to man and His teachings are the same. If not, He would be a cruel and hateful being. It is like saying that God only spoke Hebrew. so, He didnt care for nor love the rest. God speaks all languages and teaches them to all who believe in Him to share His message to the rest of the World. Therefore, His teachings are the same for every person who so ever exist.
Gen 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
So you say that I dodge the questions. Well just because I refuse to get into the bible bowl to see who knows the Bible best win, it does not mean so. Finding biblical text to keep going and going to no where does not mean I know who God is, the truth. I know who He is because He is and will always be God and not just a being that needs to reinvent himself. In the beginning of the Bible, it is where we find God and man true nature. Thereafter in the bible, we see all that has happened since man decided to have its own god to believe in beside God. Let us see the truth that some of us is not willing to address.... and that is that since the devil will not ever again be in heaven, he does not want us either. How is he doing it? by creating false teaching about the Lord that has never been as he did with Eve.
You believe in what you do and that I will respect but I dont believe in just anything or anyone. He says in the bible that He does not changes His ways or His mind, therefore, I will not accept any changes as I read the bible or blessed myself in ways that I know He will not bless me. As I read the Bible, I must see God's character in all that I read about Him or I am not really seeing God in my understanding. The great Solomon realized that will all his knowledge by not uplifting God's name, he knew or did nothing. Wisdom comes from God and God only.
SAW ME WHY WOULD GOD TAKE THE BLESSING AND SANCTIFICATION FROM SOMETHING THAT HE CREATED?
not a trick nor a trap. see your answer if God's name is uplift it. One can truly say to someone with your answer: believe, trust, God will be with you always. Lets not look for another text for support. yet, this text Gen 2:3 should enable us to understand the other text better. It was first. Just like the OT supports the NT and not vise versa.
You have a very funny bible.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Its been way to long since I quoted -

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Rom 10

bugkiller

Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
to obey the law is not to sin and that I do out of love for Christ who died for my sins. He gave me a second chance that I am not willing to disregard and go back to my sinful ways.
Kool!but the Bible says very plainly there are none that do good (keep the law).

bugkiller

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟932,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The saints "KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12
Eph 6:2 "HONOR your father and Mother ... this is the FIRST commandment with a promise"
1 John 5:"3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith."
Rom 3:31 "Do we then abolish the LAW by our faith - on the contrary we ESTABLISH the LAW of God"

This shows you sin more than me because you try to obey the law

Rom 8
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
are we then blaming the law for our sins?
Galatians chapter 3 verses 24,25,23
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.

Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

love2obey

Mar 14, 2007
✟15,595.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Galatians chapter 3 verses 24,25,23
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.
Again, I ask is then the law the reason for our sins or something bad for us? I read a blessing and thank God for the law in this sinful world that helps us in our sinful nature.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, I ask is then the law the reason for our sins or something bad for us? I read a blessing and thank God for the law in this sinful world that helps us in our sinful nature.
The law was never meant to obey, the power of sin is the law, and the purpose of the law was to lead us to Christ.
This is all we need to do, or can do.
Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Upvote 0

love2obey

Mar 14, 2007
✟15,595.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The law was never meant to obey, the power of sin is the law, and the purpose of the law was to lead us to Christ.
This is all we need to do, or can do.
Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.
Before the law there was sin, for we know since Adam and Eve were found in sin.
By quoting this you are preaching that one can be saved by doing good things. And the bible clearly speaks against that.
What you just quoted is the testimony of those who have believed in Christ whose lives have changed by the power of the Holy Spirit. When we rebuke sin, we dont fall into temptation, we are empower to live a different life since God cant be an accomplice to our sins.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Before the law there was sin, for we know since Adam and Eve were found in sin.
By quoting this you are preaching that one can be saved by doing good things. And the bible clearly speaks against that.
What you just quoted is the testimony of those who have believed in Christ whose lives have changed by the power of the Holy Spirit. When we rebuke sin, we dont fall into temptation, we are empower to live a different life since God cant be an accomplice to our sins.
But you sin more than me, I'm not under the law, your under the law so you sin more.

Upvote 0