Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Found this in exactly one search....apparently, it's 2 days old. When did this conviction happen?

That's not on foxnews.com
Do a search for "seditious conspiracy" or for "Oath Keepers" or for "Stewart Rhodes" on foxnews.com. The search results will not bring up anything about this conviction.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Really!
AP and Reuters are about as factual and down-the-middle as it gets.

Found this in exactly one search....apparently, it's 2 days old. When did this conviction happen?
That's not Fox News. Verdict announced on November 29, 2022.

Upvote 0

Don't Panic

Nov 25, 2022
Newfield
✟2,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Did Fox report that the charges against the Oathkeepers in question were most likely Russian disinformation and how several former bureaucrats have signed a document affirming that view?
Did they? I can't find anything to that effect. Could you please provide evidence for these claims.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was going to post a link to the Fox News coverage of the Oath Keepers being found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Unfortunately, Fox News has not covered the verdict. The latest article is from November 22, 2022. You'd think that a "fair and balanced" news source would be interested when followers of Donald Trump are found guilty of such a serious charge. The best I can do is post the 11/22 article, in which the comments are filling up to cover the story that Fox News will not. Have we entered an era in which right-wing "news" sources are going to flat-out refuse to acknowledge certain events?

Jury deliberations begin in sedition trial for Oath Keepers leader, associates

Kind of like how the mainstream media is not reporting much about what is going on in China?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what isn't the MSM reporting about China and how do you know about it? Examples please.
You don’t know about the protests over Covid restrictions and the government crackdown in China? The fact that you don’t know about it shows how little it’s been reported.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did they? I can't find anything to that effect. Could you please provide evidence for these claims.
He is referring to the mainstream media’s reporting that the Hunter Biden scandal was Russian disinformation and the 50 former intelligence officials who claimed with no evidence that the story was most likely Russian disinformation and all this occurred during an election. But go ahead and criticize Fox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don’t know about the protests over Covid restrictions and the government crackdown in China? The fact that you don’t know about it shows how little it’s been reported.
It's headline news on every media source.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He is referring to the mainstream media’s reporting that the Hunter Biden scandal was Russian disinformation and the 50 former intelligence officials who claimed with no evidence that the story was most likely Russian disinformation and all this occurred during an election. But go ahead and criticize Fox.
You're off topic; please don't derail the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
The data about them would, assuming we ever see it rather than just random assertions that the bias must exist, trust us.
I don't believe someone purely in the basis that they say "trust us"

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I was going to post a link to the Fox News coverage of the Oath Keepers being found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Unfortunately, Fox News has not covered the verdict. The latest article is from November 22, 2022. You'd think that a "fair and balanced" news source would be interested when followers of Donald Trump are found guilty of such a serious charge. The best I can do is post the 11/22 article, in which the comments are filling up to cover the story that Fox News will not. Have we entered an era in which right-wing "news" sources are going to flat-out refuse to acknowledge certain events?

That's a puzzler. Villains going to prison: what could be more American that that?

Would have thought right wing outlets would be all over sending bad actors to gaol...

• Optimistic
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

Don't Panic

Nov 25, 2022
Newfield
✟2,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I do know and that is from coverage in the MSM and if you don't know that it is being covered, I have to ask what your source is? Now you were going to tell me about something that isn't being reported.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I do know and that is from coverage in the MSM and if you don't know that it is being covered, I have to ask what your source is? Now you were going to tell me about something that isn't being reported.
You know now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
100% . I NEVER listen to CNN for opinion anyways. Their news is questionable enough as far as I'm concerned.

I believe it's evidence that they attempted to focus on a specific issue to influence and "manage" their voters as opposed to giving voice to the news items of the day.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know how news your read around election time, but it's mostly about political issues. These news stations are playing to demographics as well....they may mention climate change at Fox News, but talking about it constantly just loses audience members.

But fundamentally, this is kind of one of the few examples of media doing what we should want it to do. I would want the news to talk about election topics on both sides of the aisle and anyone unsure about a topic can just watch each sides' coverage.

I am NOT arguing CNN doesn't do that, by the way. But again, it's nice and quantifiable. Frankly, I am SURE that a quantified analysis of CNN during Trump's tenure would be quite damning.

Right well there's two points on this....

1. As another poster pointed out....these analysis have been done. I remember one showing NYT had mentioned "white supremacists" or any phrasing of the words may 1-2 dozen times in 2016.

In 2017 that skyrocketed to over 300. You can probably picture what that looks like on a graph.

2. This is only evidence of something deliberate if it's anomalous. How do you know that every news story doesn't follow a similar cycle as interest grows, peaks, and drops? How about just similar topics? Is it normal or anomalous?

It would need that to even start being evidence....does Media Matters provide this analysis? Or did they just trick you with statistics?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Really!

AP and Reuters are about as factual and down-the-middle as it gets.
AP has started some goofy stuff but I don't think it's common.

Reuters is generally down the middle.

That's not Fox News. Verdict announced on November 29, 2022.

The Fox News station isn't affiliated with Fox News?

I hope you can forgive this easy mistake. Who do they work for?

Upvote 0