Forcing the Chruch to accept homosexuality..

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey Zaac, given that marriage magically makes it OK for siblings to have sex, why isn't it just as powerful to magically de-ickify homosexuality?

This is the two wrongs make a right argument.

The only thing left to the liberal/gay position.

rather ad homish if you think about it.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
This is the two wrongs make a right argument.

The only thing left to the liberal/gay position.

rather ad homish if you think about it.
Again, I'm curious about the apparent contradictions in some people's system of beliefs.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
What's contradictory about sticking to what is written in the Bible?

It most certainly crushes the gay theological position to dust.

And ashes.
Well, if you stick to the bits of the Bible that contradict other bits of the Bible, or you pick and choose the bits of the Bible you follow, those would be contradictions.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, if you stick to the bits of the Bible that contradict other bits of the Bible, or you pick and choose the bits of the Bible you follow, those would be contradictions.

The Bible is full of contradictions.

God says "That's it. I've had it with you Israelites!"

And then forgives them of their heinous sins and then . . . it's all Lovey Dovey again.

King David is a sick ____, but is called a man after God's own heart.

Contradictions? That is the story of mankind from Genesis to Jude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And then forcing Christians to celebrate gay sex?

Why are you wanting that to happen LightHorseman?

And, again, who exactly is "forcing Christians to celebrate gay sex?"

The the vast majority of calls that I hear regarding homosexual marriage involve civil marriage. I don't know of anyone in the mainstream who is calling for churches to be forced to perform homosexual marriage.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And, again, who exactly is "forcing Christians to celebrate gay sex?"

The the vast majority of calls that I hear regarding homosexual marriage involve civil marriage. I don't know of anyone in the mainstream who is calling for churches to be forced to perform homosexual marriage.

The railings and rantings of gay activists, religious and secular, against the Catholic Church is the most glaring example.

Over at Soulforce.org, they have a hit list of Christian denominations they are going to harrass and harrass to celebrate gay sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The railings and rantings of gay activists, religious and secular, against the Catholic Church is the most glaring example.

Over at Soulforce.org, they have a hit list of Christian denominations they are going to harrass and harrass to celebrate gay sex.

But I never said that there aren't efforts being made by some, I said that those efforts weren't mainstream. Please re-read my earlier post.

The is a photo on Wikipedia of a Soulforce sit-in in New York. It appears that there are 50 or fewer people in the photo. They have, likewise, shown up on the campuses of Christian colleges, usually with groups of 10 or less. That doesn't seem mainstream to me.

Yes, there are certainly people on the fringe, but I stand by what I said--most supporters of homosexual marriage are speaking strictly in terms of civil marriage, not in terms of forcing churches to perform homosexual marriage.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That said, I see nothing wrong with members of the Catholic Church encouraging their church to change their stance on homosexuality. If you're a member of a club, its only reasonable to expect people to want to have a say in how its run.

Thank you for acknowledging that Christians ARE IN FACT under attack by pro-gay forces.

That being said, when you want to "become a member" of a club, you do so with the acceptance that there are rules in place to be followed. If you don't like them, you are free to leave and start your own club.

Why won't gay/liberal theologians advise that?

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But I never said that there aren't efforts being made by some, I said that those efforts weren't mainstream. Please re-read my earlier post.

The is a photo on Wikipedia of a Soulforce sit-in in New York. It appears that there are 50 or fewer people in the photo. They have, likewise, shown up on the campuses of Christian colleges, usually with groups of 10 or less. That doesn't seem mainstream to me.

Yes, there are certainly people on the fringe, but I stand by what I said--most supporters of homosexual marriage are speaking strictly in terms of civil marriage, not in terms of forcing churches to perform homosexual marriage.

The Camel's nose under the tent.

We KNOW what's going on and why.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.