United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Reactions: psalms 91

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You would think that for all that Israel and her people have done comparatively to the rest of the population of the world that any country in their right mind would do everything in their power to guard and watch over her, but it is the exact opposite. That to me is a big reason to believe what the bible says. ;) Yet many Christians do not see this.

If Christianity is the 'new Israel' why don't they have blessings like this to show?

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
All of that is good.

But what about its morality?

If it hasn't accepted Christ what is the point?

All these accomplishments are worthless!

There is a special place for all of Israel. And what you think is worthless, the Son bled and died for.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,164.44
Faith
Messianic
JN.5:24!
Too bad Christians only believe in Jesus!
Read it!

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Read it!

If you believe in Jesus Christ, you have already believed in the One that sent Him.

"Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me." John 12:44

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,164.44
Faith
Messianic
I don't believe that the prophecy regarding Israel has been fulfiilled yet. If it has been fulfilled, why haven't they turned back to Jesus Christ-our LORD?
It is the bones to flesh to breathing in the Holy Spirit [life] that has yet to happen to Israel..... right now we see bones and flesh.. but there is an awakening happening.. Messianic Judiasm is growing amonst the Jews.

Upvote 0

hop

Persevering for Christ
Apr 19, 2011
Bangalore
✟7,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You would think that for all that Israel and her people have done comparatively to the rest of the population of the world that any country in their right mind would do everything in their power to guard and watch over her, but it is the exact opposite. That to me is a big reason to believe what the bible says. ;) Yet many Christians do not see this.

If Christianity is the 'new Israel' why don't they have blessings like this to show?

Who said if one follows Christ you'll have a ton of blessings to flaunt? If indeed someone does, it's often a shortcut to golgotha.

First the cross, then the crown.

If we evaluate people based on your list of 'blessings' you are quite sure to find many accomplished people whose lives have nothing to do with morality or the fear of God.

Have you read the last few verses of Hebrews 11? Many heroes of faith there may find no place in your list of the 'blessed'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hop

Persevering for Christ
Apr 19, 2011
Bangalore
✟7,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The mere existence of Israel today was foretold in the TaNaKh and its continued survival is obviously the will of Hashem. To state otherwise is to deny Scripture and to deliberately blind oneself to the truth!

So what's your point?

Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

A more pertinent question is: If the Church is the 'new Israel' as it so often claims, why does it ackowledge only that it inherits the blessings of Israel... and not the curses, too!

Upvote 0

hop

Persevering for Christ
Apr 19, 2011
Bangalore
✟7,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Read it!

I think the following words I heard will be very helpful in all your future study of the Bible. It will prevent you from misquoting it:

Remember, when it comes to Scripture, three things are key:

1) Context
2) Context
3) Context

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hop

Persevering for Christ
Apr 19, 2011
Bangalore
✟7,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

In good faith I believe you intend to underline the fact of God's approval on Jesus. That Jesus indeed was The One he always claimed to be: the Son of God.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,164.44
Faith
Messianic
In good faith I believe you intend to underline the fact of God's approval on Jesus. That Jesus indeed was The One he always claimed to be: the Son of God.
No I did underline the part that is often neglected when focusing on "the name of Jesus only" theology.

Upvote 0