Visit site
✟20,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? Do you know anyone like that because I sure don't.

I spend my days spreading the Word to the unsaved. How do you spend your days?

Boy this thread sure has been derailed, the message of repentance has been lost due to the constant bickering. So sad! This is why I don't post here much anymore, I can't stand all of the arguing. Nothing uplifting about it at all, it brings a person down.

Don't be disheartend by the comments on these forums, I sure don't! you have an important role in God's will as so do many of us, don't let people bring you down, spread the good message of Jesus! ;)

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't be disheartend by the comments on these forums, I sure don't! you have an important role in God's will as so do many of us, don't let people bring you down, spread the good message of Jesus! ;)

Thanks my brother! You always uplift and encourage me. I see the love of God in your posts all the time! Your light shines for the whole world to see! Bless you!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

MasterRich

Jesus Saved me on Easter Day! 03/04/2010
Mar 22, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland UK
Visit site
✟20,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks my brother! You always uplift and encourage me. I see the love of God in your posts all the time! Your light shines for the whole world to see! Bless you!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

aww bless :clap: your welcome ;) The enemy is always trying to derail us, in so many ways using many methods hiding behind the scene. God has given me eyes to see where he lurks and what he does. Not saying it is in this case on this topic, but I've seen some comments that just well, I shake my head. It's not about works that get your saved, it's by faith.

Galatians 3

Faith or Works of the Law

1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?
I asked my pastor Anne that question some months ago when I saw her and she instantly told me to go to Galatians 3:1 and read it. Then she asked me,

"Richard is it by your works that you are now saved or by faith"

I said "Faith"

"Exactly!!" she said

We do have a mission to do what God needs us to do before our redemption, but I've learnt it's not how much or how little you do that matters it's that by faith you are saved and by your faith you bring the unsaved to God.

I don't think anyone here is just sitting on their butt waiting to be whisked away in rapture instead of going out there sharing their testimonies or bringing them to Christ. If so, they better reconcile with God about it

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The point isn't trying to "expose the powers that be" or "pull the curtain back on the 'elite'", but helping the victims.
Not everyone has the same role, iMaverick. Some help the victims. Some work to "fix" things to minimize the number of victims. Some preach. Some practice.

We can cry foul all we want about things that in all reality aren't true ...
Hmm ... stick my head in the sand ... no, thanks.

Evil in this world works through deception. Just consider the Jewish extermination which was conducted by Hitler. Largely hidden from the world at the time, the horrors were made manifestly known to the world only at the end of World War II.

Don't know about you, but I kinda think that whole situation would have worked out a whole lot better for everyone if more voices of TRUTH had been vocal at the time.

... simultaneously ignoring the actual reality that in the space of 15 minutes we took to craft another NWO post, a dozen three-year-old Cambodian girls were just pimped out to some 40-year-olds.
Hey, on the subject of rape victims, how about that Dominique Strauss-Kahn, dude? The head of the International Monetary Fund ... do ya suppose fewer hotel maids would have been accosted if more info had been made public about that dude? How about if the press had done their job exposing that sleezy dude. Lots of info became public after he was arrested ... linking him with other attacks ... until then, though, he was just another "elite banker" about whom a few odd "conspiracy theories" existed.

Waddaya think, iMaverick ... any of those odd "conspiracy theories" about DSK factual?

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eXuWzQVS3-I
watch

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point isn't trying to "expose the powers that be" or "pull the curtain back on the 'elite'", but helping the victims. We can cry foul all we want about things that in all reality aren't true, simultaneously ignoring the actual reality that in the space of 15 minutes we took to craft another NWO post, a dozen three-year-old Cambodian girls were just pimped out to some 40-year-olds.

I think when we come together for these people that's when our eyes are really focused on the kingdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I disagree as we are told to know our enemy. I see that you do pull back the curtain or you would not have known about those dear little girls that are so vulnerable to the growing darkness. Good for you. The more we know the more we can speak to the unsaved and pray right into the heart of the needs of so many and stand in whatever way we are called to by the Lord. And still look up for Christ and that glorious day:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Really? Do you know anyone like that because I sure don't.

I spend my days spreading the Word to the unsaved. How do you spend your days?

Boy this thread sure has been derailed, the message of repentance has been lost due to the constant bickering. So sad! This is why I don't post here much anymore, I can't stand all of the arguing. Nothing uplifting about it at all, it brings a person down.

As a matter of fact, I know a few people like that.

My days are spent building relationships, learning people's stories, making myself available to people, and raising awareness about the pain and suffering running rampant outside of our comfortable American borders.

e.g.
Water Changes Everything. - YouTube

Not everyone has the same role, iMaverick. Some help the victims. Some work to "fix" things to minimize the number of victims. Some preach. Some practice.

I agree we all have different gifts, but I don't think that excuses us from actively participating in helping others. A teacher can still help dig a well, a deacon can still bring clothes to an orphanage, a "prophet" can still lend aid to rehabilitating child soldiers. I've traveled with groups of people from all different walks of life, different ages, different professions, even political persuasions. Helping others should be a unifying, collaborative effort not another line drawn in the sand between the "us" and "them".

Hmm ... stick my head in the sand ... no, thanks.

Evil in this world works through deception. Just consider the Jewish extermination which was conducted by Hitler. Largely hidden from the world at the time, the horrors were made manifestly known to the world only at the end of World War II.

Don't know about you, but I kinda think that whole situation would have worked out a whole lot better for everyone if more voices of TRUTH had been vocal at the time.

Hey, on the subject of rape victims, how about that Dominique Strauss-Kahn, dude? The head of the International Monetary Fund ... do ya suppose fewer hotel maids would have been accosted if more info had been made public about that dude? How about if the press had done their job exposing that sleezy dude. Lots of info became public after he was arrested ... linking him with other attacks ... until then, though, he was just another "elite banker" about whom a few odd "conspiracy theories" existed.

Waddaya think, iMaverick ... any of those odd "conspiracy theories" about DSK factual?

Well, according to the New York Times, the case was dismissed. Whether this was because of lack of evidence or not, isn't our call. If he's guilty, he'll answer for it and I hope he does (again, if he's guilty). Sexual assault, rape or any oppression of any kind is undeserved by any person regardless of their gender, race, creed or religion.

I disagree as we are told to know our enemy. I see that you do pull back the curtain or you would not have known about those dear little girls that are so vulnerable to the growing darkness. Good for you. The more we know the more we can speak to the unsaved and pray right into the heart of the needs of so many and stand in whatever way we are called to by the Lord. And still look up for Christ and that glorious day:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing that any Christian could read this and not see that the Spirit had something to say. It doesn't matter how long it takes to reach the tribulation, because the dream has many obvious and practical lessons and instructions for us right now. Funny, that scoffers and mockers immediately show up to cast doubt upon it. I would say that fact alone confirms its substance. Thanks for sharing this Lisa. God bless.

Received this from a friend, I"m passing it on.

There was no timeframe put on this dream except..."Imminent".

I had this dream on the 5th of August and until now..this day..the Lord told me NOT to share it with anyone.

I was going to write it the day I had it but the Lord told me "Not yet"....today he said.."NOW is the time".

So here it is. Dream..5th August...ITS TIME. The setting.....

Continued in the next post below..

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0

ephesians4:2

Sep 13, 2010
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you Lisa for your post. I know it was a dream from God and I've taken it to heart.

I love the Lord but I struggle with temptation all the time (its very hard especially in the college environment) but you give me encouragement through your posts. God has given me strength and encouragement though you.

Reactions: Lisa*Lisa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As a matter of fact, I know a few people like that.

My days are spent building relationships, learning people's stories, making myself available to people, and raising awareness about the pain and suffering running rampant outside of our comfortable American borders.

Not that I don't admire what you do, for I do, but....after reading that the following words from the Church Lady come to mind...

Of course, the most important words written on this topic are His words:​

Matthew 6:1-4 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

6:5-6 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Just something to think about.

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Lisa for your post. I know it was a dream from God and I've taken it to heart.

I love the Lord but I struggle with temptation all the time (its very hard especially in the college environment) but you give me encouragement through your posts. God has given me strength and encouragement though you.

Thank you for your post! You encouraged me today by letting me know that I encouraged you! LOL! :clap::clap:

God bless you my friend!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing that any Christian could read this and not see that the Spirit had something to say. It doesn't matter how long it takes to reach the tribulation, because the dream has many obvious and practical lessons and instructions for us right now. Funny, that scoffers and mockers immediately show up to cast doubt upon it. I would say that fact alone confirms its substance. Thanks for sharing this Lisa. God bless.

Blessings to you too, and thank you!

:groupray:

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Don't let this struggle with sin destroy your peace and your faith. God sees you and He knows your struggles. He does not expect us to be perfect, He just wants us to do our own personal best and let Jesus do the rest. Have peace in your heart, have faith that Jesus died for you, and just do your own personal best, whatever that may be. God loves you, and you will be ok.

Remember that Paul struggled with sin, just like we all do. Read Romans chapter 7.

"We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Also, Jesus told a parable in Luke chapter 18, read below:

" To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Also, the fact that you recognize your sins, and you hate the sin, is evidence that you are a child of God. All of us struggle with sin, and it's the struggle that lets you know that you're on the right path. Remember that the world doesn't struggle with sin, they accept it, love it and embrace it. That's how we are different. We are not different in that we don't sin, we are different that we hate our own sin and struggle against it. We all fail tho, that's why Jesus died for us, because He knew we could not be perfect on our own. But, we are made perfect and clean through His sacrifice, not by anything that we can do on our own. That's where faith comes in. Have faith that He died for you, His blood washed you clean, and He will not remember your sins.

Peace, and know that He loves you! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0