ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟256,256.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you when you say God could have created a world wherein the flood was not necessary.

Yay me?

I'm guessing you won't take the next step and say that given the above, your god can't be considered good by any definition that we humans use.

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yay me?

I'm guessing you won't take the next step and say that given the above, your god can't be considered good by any definition that we humans use.

No, I won't say that.

Why not? You ask...

I'm glad you asked. I won't because I do not want to commit an informal fallacy.

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
More than one person here during this discussion has asked me a particular question regarding my view that God had morally sufficient reasons for causing the flood and then when I have provided an answer, they respond to it by saying, "well you have not given us evidence that a flood even happened!"

Ok well, this is called moving goalposts guys.

Instead of actually addressing what I said, some have moved goalposts and then said, "well, you have not proven a flood happened."

If that is what you guys actually want to talk about then that is fine. I see no reason to discuss it until we all agree that God could have had morally sufficient reasons for causing one.

So in essence, what I am asking for is for people to stop jumping here and there and all over the place with questions about this and that, and that we stay focused on one particular topic until it has been hashed out.

Can you guys agree to that?

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
More than one person here during this discussion has asked me a particular question regarding my view that God had morally sufficient reasons for causing the flood and then when I have provided an answer, they respond to it by saying, "well you have not given us evidence that a flood even happened!"

Instead of actually addressing what I said, some have moved goalposts and then said, "well, you have not proven a flood happened."

If that is what you guys actually want to talk about then that is fine. I see no reason to discuss it until we all agree that God could have had morally sufficient reasons for causing one.

So in essence, what I am asking for is for people to stop jumping here and there and all over the place with questions about this and that, and that we stay focused on one particular topic until it has been hashed out.

Can you guys agree to that?
I´m not "you guys". Nobody here is.
There do have been responses to the very issue you addressed.
If you want to use the fact that there were some goalposts moving also as an opportunity to dodge those points made, ok.

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I´m not "you guys". Nobody here is.
There do have been responses to the very issue you addressed.
If you want to use the fact that there were some goalposts moving also as an opportunity to dodge those points made, ok.

So all of you all are women?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quatona

May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I apologize for assuming everyone here was a man.
No problem.

Secondly, I wrote what I did to those who did what I have said they have done, not to those who have not.

If what I have said does not apply to you then just disregard it.
Ok, so back to your claim that you wanted to discuss and the points that were raised in response to it.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You never bothered to elucidate what those "morally sufficient reasons" are.

In order for us to "shift the goalposts," you would first have to shoot a goal. You haven't even touched the ball.
And those "morally sufficient reasons" are?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You never bothered to elucidate what those "morally sufficient reasons" are.

If I do will address them instead of replying, "we have no evidence of a flood!!"

In order for us to "shift the goalposts," you would first have to shoot a goal. You haven't even touched the ball.

Sure I have. You posts in response to the one's I have written are proof of this. Unless of course your posts up till now we're not addressed to what I have written but to something else.

And those "morally sufficient reasons" are?

I can think of one. Would you like to hear it?

Upvote 0

quatona

May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
My claim was that some were moving goalposts.
No, that was already the dodging claim.
Your claim in discussion (which you just complained hasn´t been addressed is "that God had morally sufficient reasons for causing the flood".
This has been addressed in several posts, but you (the guy who recently whined about his efforts not being appropriately dignified, and how he would always do it) prefer to talk about other posts instead.

I, for one, am waiting for you to come up with those "sufficient reasons".

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, that was already the dodging claim.
Your claim in discussion (which you just complained hasn´t been addressed is "that God had morally sufficient reasons for causing the flood".
This has been addressed in several posts, but you (the guy who recently whined about his efforts not being appropriately dignified, and how he would always do it) prefer to talk about other posts instead.

I, for one, am waiting for you to come up with those "sufficient reasons".

Ok. Well I will ask you the same question I asked the other person.

Will you address what I actually write, or are you going to retort that I have not proven a flood to have ever even taken place? :)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ok. Well I will ask you the same question I asked the other person.

Will you address what I actually write, or are you going to retort that I have not proven a flood to have ever even taken place? :)

You can probably move on to your response...the fact that you (nor anyone else) has ever proven the biblical flood happened is pretty much a given.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If I do will address them instead of replying, "we have no evidence of a flood!!"
So you concede that you haven't? Kinda undermines your "shifting the goalposts" accusation.
Sure I have. You posts in response to the one's I have written are proof of this. Unless of course your posts up till now we're not addressed to what I have written but to something else.
Where?
I can think of one. Would you like to hear it?
Didn't you already elucidate it? Isn't that what you are claiming?

Upvote 0