fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not answering your questions because you're being unwilling to think and open your mind to new possibilities.

A closed minded person can't be forced to be an open minded person.
Do you find that only open-minded persons agree with you?

Reactions: Archaeopteryx
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The theology that says men are accountable for the things they do, whether good or bad? That theology?
In your theology, men are NOT accountable for the things they do (whether good or bad) if only they believe as you do. Don't pretend that your theology has anything to do with accountability. The very word is anathema to your theology.

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In your theology, men are NOT accountable for the things they do (whether good or bad) if only they believe as you do. Don't pretend that your theology has anything to do with accountability. The very word is anathema to your theology.

Oh ok. Yea, I think you are talking to the wrong person. I am not an atheist.

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you find that only open-minded persons agree with you?

If your definition of an open minded person is someone who takes all the most reasonable truth claims and all the evidence and honestly objectively considers all of it before they determine what they themselves believe then yes.

Notice you aren't one of those people because you're not claiming to believe anything when it comes to origins of the existence of everything we percieve in reality.

Also take note of the fact that if you reject all reasonable truth claims then you can't make any valid points because all the points you think you're making are based on your rejection of all truth claims which leaves you basing your points on no truth at all.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If your definition of an open minded person is someone who takes all the most reasonable truth claims and all the evidence and honestly objectively considers all of it before they determine what they themselves believe then yes.

Notice you aren't one of those people because you're not claiming to believe anything when it comes to origins of the existence of everything we percieve in reality.

Also take note of the fact that if you reject all reasonable truth claims then you can't make any valid points because all the points you think you're making are based on your rejection of all truth claims which leaves you basing your points on no truth at all.
You haven't shown that any of your truth claims are reasonable. You've simply asserted that they are. We've pointed this out on multiple occasions, only to have you accuse us of closed-mindedness.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker

Is it your ambition to get all logical fallacies into one single post?
(In which you have missed the mark - albeit by short).

Upvote 0

Chriliman

May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did he hit the mark for "wordiest ad hominem"?

Not an ad hominem because he is not maintaining a position.

In order to maintain a position you must be claiming that your position is true.

Davian has mastered the art of rejecting all truth claims regarding origins in order to sound as if he knows something, when in fact he can't know anything if he's rejecting all truth claims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chriliman

May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You haven't shown that any of your truth claims are reasonable. You've simply asserted that they are. We've pointed this out on multiple occasions, only to have you accuse us of closed-mindedness.

Eventually the truth must be asserted or else there is no truth at all.

Note: In order for you to disagree with the above statement you must be claiming that it's true that there is no truth at all.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Eventually the truth must be asserted or else there is no truth at all.

Note: In order for you to disagree with the above statement you must be claiming that it's true that there is no truth at all.
^_^ But you haven't established that what you are asserting is true. And we keep pointing that out, much to your annoyance it seems.

Upvote 0

Chriliman

May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
^_^ But you haven't established that what you are asserting is true. And we keep pointing that out, much to your annoyance it seems.

Let me try to help you understand. When a scientist tells me that it's true that we evolved from primordial sludge, there is no way for me to verify this because I don't have access to primordial sludge and I can't actively watch as it forms into life, so I must accept what he's saying as true (believe it). There's no other way around this basic truth of what it means to believe something.

Now I'm telling you what I know to be true and so it's up to you to believe me. If you don't believe me then you're left admitting you don't know.

Does this make sense to you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chriliman

May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An ad hominem is a personal attack...not an attack on a position.

ad ho·mi·nem
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

It's true that he is not maintaining a position, therefore, all of is statements against me are not based on a position that he's claiming is true. This truth leaves me wondering why he makes statements at all.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟443,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Let me try to help you understand. When a scientist tells me that it's true that we evolved from primordial sludge...

Scientists don't say this...

If you can find one who does...quote and link it please.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟443,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
ad ho·mi·nem
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

It's true that he is not maintaining a position, therefore, all of is statements against me are not based on a position that he's claiming is true. This truth leaves me wondering why he makes statements at all.

He doesn't have to maintain a position to show yours are false. I can understand how that might be frustrating...but it's true.

Upvote 0