lavenderlaughter

Cheery Chatter
Mar 24, 2007
Florida
✟7,798.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Can anyone give me some suggestions for going to Universal, Epcot, or MGM?
The key thing for going to any of these parks and avoiding long waits is get there early! You will save hours of waiting in line by getting there just before the gates open, for example 8:50AM for Epcot's opening at 9AM. Even if in the afternoon from 12:30-3PM you eat a leisurely lunch or laze around the parks or see a show or parade, stay late and enjoy the wait-time drop-off the hour before closing as well. If you can't handle a long day, at least pick one or the other, an early morning or late evening.
Just my recommendation,
LavenderLaughter

Upvote 0

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
yeah, GREAT advice. Have ya'll noticed they offer "FL Resident Discount" only during the hottest months? *giggle* I guess they figure we're used to the heat?:cool:
I love the idea of going to watch a show during the heat of the day. . . :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

lavenderlaughter

Cheery Chatter
Mar 24, 2007
Florida
✟7,798.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
That's another good tip, SandyLou...bring shade with you wherever you go (in some form like a hat or sunglasses) and lots of water. :thumbsup:

Something I like is that Sea World fun card offer. Florida residents can turn in their one day for a year fun card with no blackouts that offers a few discounts as well. It seems to start earlier and earlier every year, so keep your eyes open. YAY!

Upvote 0

llghoney

Life is preparation for eternity
May 31, 2005
✟23,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The key thing for going to any of these parks and avoiding long waits is get there early! You will save hours of waiting in line by getting there just before the gates open, for example 8:50AM for Epcot's opening at 9AM. Even if in the afternoon from 12:30-3PM you eat a leisurely lunch or laze around the parks or see a show or parade, stay late and enjoy the wait-time drop-off the hour before closing as well. If you can't handle a long day, at least pick one or the other, an early morning or late evening.
Just my recommendation,
LavenderLaughter

Great thanks!!!:thumbsup: DO you have a particular park you like better than the other?

Welcome to CF btw!

yeah, GREAT advice. Have ya'll noticed they offer "FL Resident Discount" only during the hottest months? *giggle* I guess they figure we're used to the heat?:cool:
I love the idea of going to watch a show during the heat of the day. . . :thumbsup:

Yeah guess that's what they think!! But in a way I mean it woldl seem that FL residents woudl go not in the sumemr cause of how crowded it is so maybe they are trying to get us to?? So :cool: & water it will be!!

Upvote 0

lavenderlaughter

Cheery Chatter
Mar 24, 2007
Florida
✟7,798.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Well, that's a hard one to answer outright. First off, there's Universal Studios or Universal Islands of Adventure. If you're crowd is 8 - 27, you'll want to pick Universal Islands of Adventure or MGM Studios.

If the age range is broader than that, I would go with Universal Studios or Disney MGM if there are some thrill seekers but if a slightly mellower crowd, probably EPCOT.

Details as follows: Islands of Adventure and Disney MGM Studios offer a similar blend of family thrill seeking and roller coaster thrill seekers with family-style shows and attractions, with Disney MGM offering a MUCH BETTER evening show with Fantasmic.

Universal Studios has one coaster and many family-style attractions and shows with more intense themes than the EPCOT attractions. EPCOT does not have a coaster but has test track a speedy car adventure and Mission Space a thrill ride you can choose to pick either mild or intense. EPCOT has several other attractions for the whole family to enjoy in Future World West and an area devoted to transporting you from country to country with several movies. EPCOT offers a fireworks show every evening called Illuminations.

Forgive me, but I don't know if the evening shows at US is on every night. Sorry.

Hope this helps,
LavenderLaughter

Upvote 0

birdofthunder

Veteran
Aug 17, 2006
Tempe, AZ
Visit site
✟14,731.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yes, the fireworks is every night at EPCOT, unless it's pouring rain or lighnting! yes, off-season is good here too, believe it (Sept/May)! lol Not that the prices are that much better, but there's no heat like a summer in FL, and there's less crowds!!! Hmm, one warning: don't go around June 1st or 2nd, ok? (Long story that)

Upvote 0

lavenderlaughter

Cheery Chatter
Mar 24, 2007
Florida
✟7,798.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
yes, the fireworks is every night at EPCOT, unless it's pouring rain or lighnting! yes, off-season is good here too, believe it (Sept/May)! lol Not that the prices are that much better, but there's no heat like a summer in FL, and there's less crowds!!! Hmm, one warning: don't go around June 1st or 2nd, ok? (Long story that)
Well birdofthunder,

I've got time. ;-)

Upvote 0

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Can anyone give me some suggestions for going to Universal, Epcot, or MGM?
The best way is to make it a two day trip for each park, one day your a little more rushed. If your going in the summer dress light, carry sun screen, & start early. Go to your hotel for lunch, take a nap then go back in the late afternoon and stay late.

Upvote 0

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
My permanent address is in Brevard county, but I have been going to school in Gainesville (not for much longer though - graduating in 2 months!).
How about that Gator Basketball team & football.
Go Gators!
I am just out side of Gainesville. I have 3 of my children going to collage in Gainesville and my wife works in the collage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Born in Norfolk VA in 1953. I run away from home in 1956 and moved to Miami. Mom & Dad caught up with me in Miami where I Was raised in the Miami area, Hialeah, Kendall, & Perrine. Moved to OldTown [north Fl] in 1986, now live in a small town called “Bell” still north Fl.

Upvote 0

llghoney

Life is preparation for eternity
May 31, 2005
✟23,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's a hard one to answer outright. First off, there's Universal Studios or Universal Islands of Adventure. If you're crowd is 8 - 27, you'll want to pick Universal Islands of Adventure or MGM Studios.

If the age range is broader than that, I would go with Universal Studios or Disney MGM if there are some thrill seekers but if a slightly mellower crowd, probably EPCOT.

Details as follows: Islands of Adventure and Disney MGM Studios offer a similar blend of family thrill seeking and roller coaster thrill seekers with family-style shows and attractions, with Disney MGM offering a MUCH BETTER evening show with Fantasmic.

Universal Studios has one coaster and many family-style attractions and shows with more intense themes than the EPCOT attractions. EPCOT does not have a coaster but has test track a speedy car adventure and Mission Space a thrill ride you can choose to pick either mild or intense. EPCOT has several other attractions for the whole family to enjoy in Future World West and an area devoted to transporting you from country to country with several movies. EPCOT offers a fireworks show every evening called Illuminations.

Forgive me, but I don't know if the evening shows at US is on every night. Sorry.

Hope this helps,
LavenderLaughter

Thanks again that helps out soooooooooo much!!:hug:

Yeah we are thinking next month!!:thumbsup:

The best way is to make it a two day trip for each park, one day your a little more rushed. If your going in the summer dress light, carry sun screen, & start early. Go to your hotel for lunch, take a nap then go back in the late afternoon and stay late.

Thank you good idea!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was stationed at the Mayport Naval Station while in the Navy from 1969-72 and remained in that area (Jacksonville Beach) for eight years following my discharge. I now live in Tampa.

Florida is the state in which I've lived the longest, although I was born and raised in PA.

David

Reactions: SandyLou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.