United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:hi:

So I'm curious about fitbits and other step/walking trackers.

Do you have one? What kind do you have and do you like it?

I know these trackers aren't always exactly accurate and that's okay. My main question is do all of them need an internet set up to work? It seems like all the ones I look at need to have an internet or app to even work. Is there any fitbit or other brand of tracker that doesn't need an app or internet to work?

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a fitbit flex 2. I got it because its the smallest tracker and I like that it can be put into really cute bracelets :p.
I also like that it's waterproof so I could swim with it, and for that matter wouldn't worry so much if I was in the shower with it on.

I love it for going on walks and being able to track. However, I stopped wearing it... 2 months ago because I found it actually let me become lazier LOL. I think before I had my fitbit I held myself to a higher activity standard, and so just trying to hit my step count kind of let me off easy. So, just a theory but I'm trying to go back.

As for internet, it does require an internet connection. HOWEVER there are a ton of trackers that don't, and they are often much less expensive which is cool. I also have a heart rate monitor and it doesn't require an internet connection or phone app to function. So there ar e a few options for you. :)

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I do have a fitness tracker but have stopped using it. I loved it but recently it has become "glitchy" and stopped keeping track of my movements. I can't decided whether to buy a new one or not. It did require to be synced with my phone....which I hated but it occasionally came in handy.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The only trackers I’ve used are pedometers which don’t require internet or phone (unless it is an app). I am curious what it would be like to use one of those “fitbit” or equavalent things. But I don’t want to spend tons of money on something unless it would be more useful than what I already have.

Upvote 0

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ive had a fitbit HR and a garmin one.
The fitbit died after a year. They replaced it as a goodwill gesture but i expected it to last longer.

The garmin one was better but i gave it to my dad.

The problem with fitbits and the like is that they wont last too long so you end up buying them again every few years.

On the otherhand if it makes you exercise more by going out and doing 10,000 steps a day or whatever then it is definitely worth the investment for your health.

Reactions: RayofSun
Upvote 0