✟18,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
What was your first video game?

My mom, aunt and cousins had went on a skiing trip when I was 4. It was an adult outing and my mom felt bad I couldn't go (she took me a few weeks later, just the two of us). She came back with this thing called a "Gameboy" and Dr. Mario. I played it and was immediatly fustrated. I played it a bit more and started to like it. My parents got me more games and I was hooked.

My first game was called "Little Brick Out" in 1977.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

the first video game I played was a Mario game on the gameboy. In retrospect it was a terrible game. You couldn't even save.

That sounds like Super Mario Land, for the original black and white Gameboy. It really didn't compare well at all to games in the series, like Super Mario Bros 3, World, Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario 64.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟32,176.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
That sounds like Super Mario Land, for the original black and white Gameboy. It really didn't compare well at all to games in the series, like Super Mario Bros 3, World, Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario 64.

That sounds about right.

The first video game I every REALLY got engaged in was Ocarina of Time, and years later, FF9.
Recently I got about half-way through FF1.
In between I was obsessed with Heroes of Might & Magic 3 for years. which I still think is one of the best games ever made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Back in 1995 when I was only 9 years old I had a friend called Justin (he was 6 years old at that time), and he had a Nintendo 64 and he played video games quite a lot. We were sometimes invited over to his house and I would watch him play. From time to time he would ask me if I wanted to play too.

We eventually got our own Nintendo 64 and the first game we ever bought was Mario Kart 64, a racing game. I played that thing with a passionate obsession. I grew to like video games so much it became an addiction (don't let this happen to you, kids! Remember that there is much more to life than just video games all the time).

When the Pokemon craze hit in the late 1990s I became a part of it. Soon Pokemon became my favorite video game series, I played it like it was almost a religion or something and I was utmost a devout follower.

Soon we were buying other games to play, as they were released. We own over 20 video games but I can't exactly recall them off the top of my head, except a favorite of mine, Kirby and the Crystal Shards for the Nintendo 64.

Nowadays the Nintendo 64 is an outdated system. They no longer sell video games for it. The Wii and the Wii U are the current systems that they sell games for.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It was! I remember getting Pokemon red when it came out!

I got Pokemon Red when it came out too. But that was a long time ago, I played it with a passion when I was a kid: the most fun part about it for me was the battling and the collecting of monsters. Every time I caught a new Pokemon I became excited. I think I lost that game a long time ago, because I don't remember owning it for years now. I continue the Pokemon tradition I came to when I was a kid, for I recently bought, and own, Pokemon Y and X for the Nintendo 3ds, and yes, I beat them both. My starter Pokemon was Fennekin and I finished with its twice evolved and final form of Delphox.

Why Fennekin? Because since I was a kid the fire type was always my strong suite. I am a fire type expert, like Blaine was.

Upvote 0