Tom White

Apr 13, 2013
✟447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What was your first video game?

My mom, aunt and cousins had went on a skiing trip when I was 4. It was an adult outing and my mom felt bad I couldn't go (she took me a few weeks later, just the two of us). She came back with this thing called a "Gameboy" and Dr. Mario. I played it and was immediatly fustrated. I played it a bit more and started to like it. My parents got me more games and I was hooked.

Not counting computer games I take it.

I think it was Streets Of Rage II on the Sega Megadrive (you call it Genesis in the US).

My first computer game was some random 8-bit platformer from some old machine called a BBC Micro. (A 6502-based machine commissioned by the BBC oddly enough, from the early 80s.)

Upvote 0

Tirgithin

May 4, 2013
✟7,885.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not entirely sure. Probably a game like Bouncing Babies or Space Invaders. I remember playing them, though I have the most memories of playing the first Prince of Persia on a black-yellow computer screen and not understanding a thing of what I was supposed to do in Police Quest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Pong. Atari 2600.
This, but it wasn't an "official" Atari 2600. Sears was the first true gaming system made for them by Atari (a 2600 in disguise). We never owned Pong but I played it at Sears when it came out and it was fun but I could see how it would quickly over time get boring.

Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A basic version of tennis. Basically two sticks and a bouncing square...it was cutting edge back then. First arcade game was the original space invaders though I got very good at the first Star Wars game.

First console game was metal gear solid for the ps1

First PC game was quake 2

Upvote 0