Finally, some good news for a change (more states expanding gun rights)

billvelek

Sep 16, 2014
Arkansas
✟8,154.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I _REALLY_ like this:

New Hampshire, Kansas, Mississippi, and Montana are considering legislation that would no longer require special permits to carry concealed weapons in public. Five states already have such laws.
And while the debate continues here in Arkansas as to whether citizens can "open carry" guns (in full view, such as on the belt or slung over the shoulder, as in the pictures below), ... we at least have some great efforts directed toward expanding gun rights in Arkansas ... just in case the Courts rule against the people.

Meanwhile, ... life goes on in God's country (Arkansas) :wave: ...

Ahhhh ... food shopping ... one of my favorite activities.
1361380947-opencarry.jpg

Hi, girls....
beS7X.jpg

May as well pick up a few other things.
535775_384343125001058_1418678438_n-717x450.jpg

And now we check out.
target-open-carry-4-630.jpg

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

'BEARING ARMS' -- St. Joan of Arc
123ee9d66ac67ed1a9bc43d81682ca63.jpg

"Pardon me for interrupting, but don't
you have some repenting to do?"
Giovanni+Baglione,+sacred+and+profane+love.jpg

Your brother in Christ,

Bill Velek

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good for you, if that's what you want.

Personally, I'm relieved I live in a country where you don't need a semiautomatic to leave the house to get groceries.

Oh, you don't here either, some people get kinda paranoid though and that paranoia is spread by this giant manufacturing/political industry that profits off keeping people scared.

I like guns and shooting and hunting and I own a few guns. That said, many people are terrified right now and feeling defenseless, and I think the whole gun thing is like a child's pacifier to them. They deep down must know that their odds of surviving the day are not markedly greater due to the gun on their hip, but it is a comfortable fantasy. My dad was a pretty serious gun collector and I grew up scouring gun shows with him over half the country. I met a lot of so-called "survivalists" who had lots of cool guns, but we're also displaying virtually every visible diabetes and heart disease risk factor. Those people were not interested in survival, they were adults who needed a socially acceptable blankie.

You enjoy a far lower rate of violent crime than we do, and without such easy access to guns. You have a lower abortion rate in spite of your lower rate of practicing Christians too. I'd like to think that those who are concerned with violent crime and abortion in this country are seeing what we can learn from yours as well as stockpiling weapons and Bibles (and again, I like guns and I like Bibles) but I know better than that.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why? Surely it's not OBOB's concession to applauding population control, because that's what it sounds like:

2ljm3on.jpg

Pretty sure Pope Francis wouldn't approve.

I think your picture is misleading, I don't believe that anyone thinks that open carry directly results in higher gun death rates, we don't see a lot of crime that is associated specifically with open carry, and not all that many accidents either. I think it is equally silly to suggest that open carry prevents or deters much if any crime.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I still wouldn't trust the states of New Jersey and New York. They seem to practice entrapment to throw legal gun owners in jail. California is also getting bad, but haven't noted entrapment being used.

BTW, in the towns that have mandated that every able-bodied adult own and maintain a gun, the crime rate has gone down. Stands to reason--the criminals no longer have "free reign"--the prey are armed and can fight back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
They're guns, I can't see much point in open carry unless you're doing it to make a political statement...what statement, I'm not really sure.

As for concealed carry without permits, I guess such could work if training and licencing ETC are made a requisite for owning a firearm in the first place.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How could seeing people carrying weapons while going to the grocery store be seen as a good thing?

And openly armed populace is not the epitome of a peaceful society.
What is your opinion about the black man who got shot by the police because he was not just carrying but waving around a pellet gun (which, by the way, is not a toy) in the pet supplies section of a Wal-Mart store? The pellet gun was a Crosman MK-177 Tactical Air Rifle which is used for killing small animals such as squirrels and looks like an assault rifle. Here is what it looks like:

k2-_ae3da6d6-59dc-42ba-936a-390a2539ea59.v1.jpg

I'm asking this because a lot of liberals have been arguing that people over reacted to him doing this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟154,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
LWU,

There are many air soft and pellet guns that are almost identical to real weapons. People are killed more often than you might think for pointing an air soft gun at a police officer

They're idiots for doing so. They look like real guns. If you point what looks like a real gun at a cop, you're going to get shot. They don't say, "Time out! Time out! Let me look at that gun. (Cop inspects the gun) OK it's fake or OK it's real. Time back in!" These types of guns can also kill if they hit just the right spot on your head or chest, and they can definitely take your eye out. Don't want to get shot? Don't wave a gun at police or civilians, fake or not. Don't want to deal with cops? Don't be a criminal. It's mind-blowingly simple.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟154,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
If Only that Mother who was shot by her 3 year old in Walmart would have had another gun on her hip she could have returned fire before she died.

Can you present to us with the statistics of how often this happens?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟191,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What is your opinion about the black man who got shot by the police because he was not just carrying but waving around a pellet gun (which, by the way, is not a toy) in the pet supplies section of a Wal-Mart store? The pellet gun was a Crosman MK-177 Tactical Air Rifle which is used for killing small animals such as squirrels and looks like an assault rifle. Here is what it looks like:

k2-_ae3da6d6-59dc-42ba-936a-390a2539ea59.v1.jpg

I'm asking this because a lot of liberals have been arguing that people over reacted to him doing this.

And how often does this happen where we all need to carry guns when we go to Walmart ?

Jim

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟154,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
And how often does this happen where we all need to carry guns when we go to Walmart ?

Jim

Could have said this before about going to a Cafe or walking the street, but the recent news suggests we might need a firearm to go have coffee in any nation where Muslims exist.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟191,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Could have said this before about going to a Cafe or walking the street, but the recent news suggests we might need a firearm to go have coffee in any nation where Muslims exist.

Really ?

How many Muslims have killed people here in the US recently ?

Even after 9/11 and the Boston Marathon bombing, non-Muslims have killed more people than those two attacks combined.

Also, the post I responded to about the man with the pellet gun in Walmart, was not a Muslim as far as I know.

Jim

Upvote 0