God Chose Me
Dec 3, 2005
Virginia Beach
✟10,238.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I was suggested to try the quiz here to help me figure out which denomination lines up with my view of things:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

According to that survey, I should be an Orthodox Quaker, whatever that is, 100% match.

Mainline to conservative protestant next at 98%.

Islam, Orthodox Judaism, EO, and RC all tied at 93%

No wonder I am so confused, I agree with all of them for the most part...lol

Maybe I could be an Islamic Eastern Orthodox Roman Catholic Jewish Quaker!

Is anyone else this messed up?

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟480,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think i did one of those tests and i came out Catholic with EO close second.

I heard of that church...its universalist. ;) :D

Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was suggested to try the quiz here to help me figure out which denomination lines up with my view of things:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

According to that survey, I should be an Orthodox Quaker, whatever that is, 100% match.

Mainline to conservative protestant next at 98%.

Islam, Orthodox Judaism, EO, and RC all tied at 93%

No wonder I am so confused, I agree with all of them for the most part...lol

man, it says I am 100% liberal Protestant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mention being messed up... are you actually searching, or was that more along the lines of joking around? I apologise that I can not tell.

If you are searching, see if anything really feels like it's trying to pull you in, and consider the reasons you are feeling pulled in that direction. Is there any truth to your test results? I realize the quiz is probably more for fun than anything else, but I am sure there is also some level of truth to it.

For me, I truly have been searching. And the results of the quiz for me are completely in line with my existing beliefs AND where I have really been feeling a pull. The only problem for me is that it conflicts with the rest of the family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's a seven Day Adventist ?

And why am I like one ?
I find that hard to believe. I really don't know much about them, but from what I have heard, they kind of rank up there with Jehovah's Witness and Mormons. I knew girls in school who were SDA and they had so many rules to follow, it was crazy.

But perhaps I just misunderstand them all together...

But here's a link http://www.religioustolerance.org/sda.htm

Upvote 0

BabyLutheran

God Chose Me
Dec 3, 2005
Virginia Beach
✟10,238.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You mention being messed up... are you actually searching, or was that more along the lines of joking around? I apologise that I can not tell.

If you are searching, see if anything really feels like it's trying to pull you in, and consider the reasons you are feeling pulled in that direction. Is there any truth to your test results? I realize the quiz is probably more for fun than anything else, but I am sure there is also some level of truth to it.

For me, I truly have been searching. And the results of the quiz for me are completely in line with my existing beliefs AND where I have really been feeling a pull. The only problem for me is that it conflicts with the rest of the family.
For me I have been searching for over 2 and a half years. Started going to church at a seeker sensitive place in the mid 90's, switched around 2000 to a charismatic church, and around 2005 began being drawn to Eastern Orthodoxy. My wife almost ran kicking and screaming from the EO service we went to, so I more or less scratched it off my list. She is only slightly less apprehensive about RC, which I have really been studying hard for the past 6 months or so, and have started to love. She wants to still go to the happy clappy church, and I feel so empty there, so right now, I don't much attend church at all. Trying to find somewhere we can both go. The EO priest advised me to go where my wife wants because it is more important for us to worship together. I just can't do it.

I feel like just giving up.

Upvote 0

helenofbritain

St Mary MacKillop of the Cross, pray for us
Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟29,061.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me I have been searching for over 2 and a half years. Started going to church at a seeker sensitive place in the mid 90's, switched around 2000 to a charismatic church, and around 2005 began being drawn to Eastern Orthodoxy. My wife almost ran kicking and screaming from the EO service we went to, so I more or less scratched it off my list. She is only slightly less apprehensive about RC, which I have really been studying hard for the past 6 months or so, and have started to love. She wants to still go to the happy clappy church, and I feel so empty there, so right now, I don't much attend church at all. Trying to find somewhere we can both go. The EO priest advised me to go where my wife wants because it is more important for us to worship together. I just can't do it.

I feel like just giving up.
I can relate... really. My hubby is the Catholic and is of the mind that anything else is heresy. I don't agree with that. And RCC makes me very uncomfortable in a lot of ways. (I respect it and don't consider those who practice it "wrong" - but for ME, it is all just weird. Note that I said for "ME") *putting on helmut* Just about everything in RCC is weird for me. I am not comfortable with many of the beliefs, nor the ritual things like crossing myself, rosary, veneration of Saints, etc. I am not saying it is "wrong" in itself. It just doesn't feel right to ME.

Like your wife, I have been to the "happy clappy" types. I went to an Assembly of God Church for a few years. If that is what she likes, she may feel a lot like me in a RCC Church. I go with my hubby, and I don't mind going if that will keep him going... but so far, it does nothing for me. It's causing me a lot of conflict in terms of trying to call myself "Catholic".

I am seriously considering going down the road to the UMC or LCMS church. It may mean that I go to Church twice on Sunday. Once with the family and once for myself.

It has been suggested to me that an LCMS might be something that would meet both of our needs, but my hubby is really not open to anything but RCC. But if you haven't looked at LCMS, perhaps it might work for you.

Or if you are the less stubborn half of the marriage, you may consider the dual route that I am considering. And go to Mass on your own if RCC is the best place for you, then going along with your wife to the one she likes.

I think it IS true that worshipping together is important. I've been going to Mass with my hubby and in terms of our relationship, it's a good thing. I haven't told him yet how I feel because I am still trying to figure out exactly how I feel. But I also know that he is the type that needs some external motivation to even go to Mass. If I didn't go, he probably wouldn't go.

So I remain conflicted for now.

But as you search for the right fit for you, I think it is important to consider your marriage as well and consider what is right for both of you. Your solution is out there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.