Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The mental health benefits have been shown from regular SEX. I haven't seen any studies on similar benefits from masturbation.
The other part to this question is how much of that is due to marriage and how much is do to regular sex. IOW's there are studies that I have seen that suggest that married people benefit health wise from being married. If these are the one's primarily having regular sex then we must ask what is causing the health benefits, regular sex or marriage or the combination of the two....

Upvote 0

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Because now we are saying straight up sex is even better than MB (which we all already knew anyways). But we are all off in the cabbage patch with MB how far of do you think we would be if we started talking about piece of paperless sex or what some christians like to call pre marital sex, which is where all the health benifits are (or sex with a piece of paper, the piece of paper is really inconsequential, I was in a marriage where the sex started to go down hill and I was pretty unhappy for 6 mos to a year before we got divorced so I can gaurentee the piece of paper did not make me happy).

Of course this is assuming the sex is done responsibly but the piece of paper is inconsequential in my experience. The monogomus sex is the key for the health benifits, oh man the rodeo gate is open now.

Upvote 0

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The other part to this question is how much of that is due to marriage and how much is do to regular sex. IOW's there are studies that I have seen that suggest that married people benefit health wise from being married. If these are the one's primarily having regular sex then we must ask what is causing the health benefits, regular sex or marriage or the combination of the two....

In my opinion sex and marriage are synonomus so long as the relationship is monogomus so you could say its a combination since they are one in the same, unless its not monogomus then that can create other issues. However the piece of paper has no bearing on the benifits because its just a piece of paper although alot of christians treat it like it has mystical powers. Also if regular monogomus sex without a piece of paper were so dispicable and evil it would have worldly consequences but it does not it only has benifits (so long as everything is done responsibly).

So "marriage" as christians define as a state issues piece of paper has absolutly no bearing on the benifits in my experience. And if you are in a relationship where the sex goes away or sex acts go away its not a marriage anymore and thus naturally those health benifits go away as well.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because now we are saying straight up sex is even better than MB (which we all already knew anyways). But we are all off in the cabbage patch with MB how far of do you think we would be if we started talking about piece of paperless sex or what some christians like to call pre marital sex, which is where all the health benifits are (or sex with a piece of paper, the piece of paper is really inconsequential, I was in a marriage where the sex started to go down hill and I was pretty unhappy for 6 mos to a year before we got divorced so I can gaurentee the piece of paper did not make me happy).

Of course this is assuming the sex is done responsibly but the piece of paper is inconsequential in my experience. The monogomus sex is the key for the health benifits, oh man the rodeo gate is open now.
since you insist on false accusations and flamatory remarks, asking this question goes against my better judgment, none the less, I ask....what medical study do you offer as evidence to your claim here that " The monogomus sex is the key for the health benifits"

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion sex and marriage are synonomus so long as the relationship is monogomus so you could say its a combination since they are one in the same, unless its not monogomus then that can create other issues. However the piece of paper has no bearing on the benifits because its just a piece of paper although alot of christians treat it like it has mystical powers. Also if regular monogomus sex without a piece of paper were so dispicable and evil it would have worldly consequences but it does not it only has benifits (so long as everything is done responsibly).

So "marriage" as christians define as a state issues piece of paper has absolutly no bearing on the benifits in my experience. And if you are in a relationship where the sex goes away or sex acts go away its not a marriage anymore and thus naturally those health benifits go away as well.
I'm wondering why you even bother to post anything since if there is any response to your post at all, you see it as people shoving their views down the throats of the immature, young christian?

BTW, your opinion doesn't really matter much, what God says does matter a whole heapa lot.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What if I don't see marriage as "a state issued piece of paper" (like your very derogatory claim suggests) but as the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony, where a couple is joined together by Christ, with the entire Church as a witness?
then your shoving God's word down peoples throats, putting undo pressure on the new believers...(sarcastic, sorry, had a really rough couple of days, enjoy your debate)

Upvote 0

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
then your shoving God's word down peoples throats, putting undo pressure on the new believers...(sarcastic, sorry, had a really rough couple of days, enjoy your debate)

Ah not so there are differences, its one thing to say I want to do things this way becasue thats what I believe and an entirely other thing to say this is how I do things and if you dont follow suit then your living in sin (unless you can point to an EXPLICIT scripture that SPECIFICALLY condemns it). It is rough when you try to passive aggressively guilt trip people into believing something you cant prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. The laywers and pharisies and even the modern day roman catholic church do the same thing and it must be exhausting.

I remember seeing a family guy episode and it had something to do with his parents trying for another kid and he did not want a brother and he said "whew, now I know how the catholic church feels trying to control an individuals sex life" I got a good laugh out of that. He was trying to set up scenarios to keep them from getting it on. Like the little foxes talked about i beleive in the song of soloman (and bear in mind soloman had hundreds of wives and God was ok with that, may not have been the best idea but was not sin).

As christians we need to be careful what we call sin and what just something that we woudl not do ourselves, HUGE difference.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ah not so there are differences, its one thing to say I want to do things this way becasue thats what I believe and an entirely other thing to say this is how I do things and if you dont follow suit then your living in sin (unless you can point to an EXPLICIT scripture that SPECIFICALLY condemns it). It is rough when you try to passive aggressively guilt trip people into believing something you cant prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. The laywers and pharisies and even the modern day roman catholic church do the same thing and it must be exhausting.
then we come to the question of why you accused me falsely then, because I have done none of this "shoving it down other peoples throats" in fact, what I have provided is scripture, scripture you have NOT refuted with anything but "my opinion is, so your wrong"...I'm guessing you know that false witness/accusations is spoken of in the 10 commandments, directly stated....
I remember seeing a family guy episode and it had something to do with his parents trying for another kid and he did not want a brother and he said "whew, now I know how the catholic church feels trying to control an individuals sex life" I got a good laugh out of that. He was trying to set up scenarios to keep them from getting it on. Like the little foxes talked about i beleive in the song of soloman (and bear in mind soloman had hundreds of wives and God was ok with that, may not have been the best idea but was not sin).

As christians we need to be careful what we call sin and what just something that we woudl not do ourselves, HUGE difference.
wow, I don't even know how any of this is on topic at all...your comparing scripture to the world and calling the world wise...that is just messed up dude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
then we come to the question of why you accused me falsely then, because I have done none of this "shoving it down other peoples throats" in fact, what I have provided is scripture, scripture you have NOT refuted with anything but "my opinion is, so your wrong"...I'm guessing you know that false witness/accusations is spoken of in the 10 commandments, directly stated....wow, I don't even know how any of this is on topic at all...your comparing scripture to the world and calling the world wise...that is just messed up dude.

I accuse you rightly, you provided a scripture that was not absolute and clearly saying what you are saying it says, you HAVE to make inturpretations, then from that basis you are preaching it as gospel and that is wrong. I dont have to address your scripture because youre scripture does not plain as day say "MB is sin" yet the overtones of all your posts are condeming and im calling you out on it .... and you continue to dodge that charge.

I think certian shows are funny nothing more, I just thought it was ironic that even the world can see the problems with these inturpretations, and the burdensome heavy handed views of some churches.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I accuse you rightly, you provided a scripture that was not absolute and clearly saying what you are saying it says,
and yet you offer no alternative meaning even after repeatedly being asked to do so in accordance with your claim...therefore, a false accusation.
you HAVE to make inturpretations,
every written word involved interpretation dear one, which is why the lexicon translation is so important.
then from that basis you are preaching it as gospel and that is wrong
oh, deceived dear one, I preached nothing, all I did was show scripture, anything else is your made up attempts to flame me into a non loving response.
I dont have to address your scripture because youre scripture does not plain as day say "MB is sin" yet the overtones of all your posts are condeming and im calling you out on it .... and you continue to dodge that charge.
I have faced the charge head on, but what you fail is to show scripture that I provided to be false interpretation...that is your burden and without facing that burden, you offer nothing but false accusations and flamatory comments. And since that is all you have ever offered, the mods can deal with you....
I think certian shows are funny nothing more, I just thought it was ironic that even the world can see the problems with these inturpretations, and the burdensome heavy handed views of some churches.
The bible says that the world hated God, so I would expect the world view and the biblical view to differ....nice point....

Upvote 0

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
and yet you offer no alternative meaning even after repeatedly being asked to do so in accordance with your claim...therefore, a false accusation. every written word involved interpretation dear one, which is why the lexicon translation is so important. oh, deceived dear one, I preached nothing, all I did was show scripture, anything else is your made up attempts to flame me into a non loving response. I have faced the charge head on, but what you fail is to show scripture that I provided to be false interpretation...that is your burden and without facing that burden, you offer nothing but false accusations and flamatory comments. And since that is all you have ever offered, the mods can deal with you....The bible says that the world hated God, so I would expect the world view and the biblical view to differ....nice point....

I could say the same thing, all I am saying is that it does not matter what my translation of that scripture is (I dont even remember what scripture it is now), the fact is it does not say "MB is sin" outright so thats really the end of the debate but you continued on and on and on most of it making no sense. If it was a sin God hated it would be called out very specificly, sex with close relatives, sex with animals, false witeness, disrespecting your parents, thoes are all pretty specific. MB not even in the bible.

Upvote 0

chris4243

Advocate of Truth
Mar 6, 2011
✟2,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But YOUR argument was that masturbation decreases the risk of prostate cancer, and that conversely, NOT masturbating is bad for your health. The study proves neither.

Fair enough. I should know better by now than to trust the media, even the sciency media. However, the study did show that frequent [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] was related to lower prostrate cancer, and it does seem quite reasonable to suppose that the same should apply regardless of the method of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. However, I suppose I should demote that to "opinion" rather than "studies have shown" until someone makes a study specifically about that.

However, I don't think any study is needed to show that people are frustrated when sexually frustrated, and act grumpier etc., which was my other point.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I could say the same thing, all I am saying is that it does not matter what my translation of that scripture is (I dont even remember what scripture it is now), the fact is it does not say "MB is sin" outright so thats really the end of the debate but you continued on and on and on most of it making no sense.
we already talked about that in great detail, there are many things not specified in scripture but we are given by scripture a measure by which to know for certain the things not specified....and it was a far cry from making no sense....in fact, there are many many people who get it, because it is what scripture says...period end of sentence.
If it was a sin God hated it would be called out very specificly, sex with close relatives, sex with animals, false witeness, disrespecting your parents, thoes are all pretty specific. MB not even in the bible.
sexual immorality is a term used for many different acts, you have been shown this and it was backed up by the strong's lexicon, which you refuse because it takes us back to the meaning of the original word used.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

twins15

Jan 17, 2010
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is rough when you try to passive aggressively guilt trip people into believing something you cant prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. The laywers and pharisies and even the modern day roman catholic church do the same thing and it must be exhausting.

What is passive aggressive about the Roman Catholic Church's stance on masturbation and sexual sin? It seems very aggressive and straight forward, no?

Melethiel said:
What if I don't see marriage as "a state issued piece of paper" (like your very derogatory claim suggests) but as the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony, where a couple is joined together by Christ, with the entire Church as a witness

Then you have not read enough of highlife's posts if you think that line of reason will have any impact on his thought process.

Upvote 0

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is passive aggressive about the Roman Catholic Church's stance on masturbation and sexual sin? It seems very aggressive and straight forward, no?

Then you have not read enough of highlife's posts if you think that line of reason will have any impact on his thought process.

Thats true good call, not that thats any better but your right. Life is hard enough to not be badgered by your church about what your doing in bed with your wife.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm ignoring highlight because of the flaming remarks and false accusations, however, one thing I will say here is that there is a difference between the Roman Catholic Church teachings and scripture, just as there is a difference between every denominational teaching and scripture...the key is to find a denomination that mirrors scripture as closely as possible and to reshape any further discrepancies with scripture....IOW's scripture is the only authority worth listening to, which is why scripture is necessary in this discussion.

Upvote 0

PaulOguns

May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟7,648.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like the masturbating has become a stronghold since he no longer has much control over it. The thing is that marriage will not cure it, I have friends who didnt deal with their masturbating and inappropriate contentography issues before they got married, they thought that marriage would solve it because they can have sex in marriage and wont need inappropriate contentography or masturbation, but they discovered that the problem escalated in marriage.

I personally believe that it is a demonic stronghold that needs to be broken, any habit that you can not control means that something else is in control and influencing your actions, the holy spirit will never influence you to touch, its a demonic stronghold used to pervert sexuality and thats why inappropriate contentography and masturbation are always linked because inappropriate contentography is the bait. The devils bait to make us fall into sexual immorality and lose the kingdom of God.

He needs help, he needs to fill himself with the word of God and he needs the power in the blood of Jesus and the yoke destroying anointing of the holy spirit to be free of this demonic oppression.

Upvote 0