Onions make me gassy.
Dec 16, 2003
Tempe, AZ
✟1,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
It actually varies with what I've been studying recently, or my mood...

(Isa 2:11) The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

(Isa 2:12) For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

(Isa 2:13) And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,

(Isa 2:14) And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,

(Isa 2:15) And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,

(Isa 2:16) And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.

(Isa 2:17) And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

Upvote 0

JohnJones

Jun 29, 2004
✟1,084.00
Faith
Christian
Psalm 22:21 "...for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns."

It's one of my favorites because it is so rarely understood. It speaks of the cross. The intersecting horns of two unicrons makes no figure other than that of the cross, from which the Father heard Christ's prayer. Every since I read that in Justin Martyr's dialogue with Trypho the Jew, I was amazed at the power of the Scriptures. And every since I truly meditated on the verse and analyzed it I have been fully assured that no translation other than the KJV is worth reading. The KJV is the only translation I've ever seen that translates the Hebrew right here, and in a host of other verses which appear very obscure until you look at them from a Messianic light with true spiritual insight.

As for unicorns being mythological, the word merely means "one-horned" and the animal being referred to is most likely the Elasmotherium, a "pre-historic" (as far as atheists are concerned but not in reality) rhino that was much larger and whose horn was not merely compacted hair but a real horn which protruded from the center of it's face.
SEE PICTRUE HERE http://www.linkandpinhobbies.com/graphics/ms_elasm.JPG

Upvote 0

St. Worm2

May 15, 2004
✟9,271.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Etienne said:
What are some of your favorite passages from the Bible?
These references are 'clickable'.

Psalm 103

1 Samuel 4-7 - (esp. Chpts 5-6) - the Ark of God is captured/the Ark is returned to Israel. It is simply amazing to take a close look and see all miraculous events that transpire within this small passage of Scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.