May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"God is in the slums, in the cardboard boxes where the poor play house. God is in the silence of a mother who has infected her child with a virus that will end both their lives. God is in the cries heard under the rubble of war. God is in the debris of wasted opportunity and lives, and God is with us if we are with them." -Bono

"Be very careful if you make a woman
cry, because God counts her tears. The woman
came out of a man's rib. Not from his feet to be
walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but
from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be
protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

Upvote 0

LinuxUser

Jun 1, 2011
in a house :)
✟1,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." - CS Lewis

Ever since I watch Shadowlands that has been one of my favorite. From the movie this is my favorite block quote:

C.S. Lewis: Have you got any cranberry sauce, Mrs. Young?
Mrs. Young: Cranberry sauce, what's that?
C.S. Lewis: Well, it's a sauce made from... cranberries.
Mrs. Young: Well, you find me some cranberries, Mr. Lewis, and I'll sauce them.
Shadowlands (1993) - Memorable quotes

and one last one that I like
That's not why I pray, Harry. I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me

Shadowlands (1993) - Memorable quotes

Upvote 0

Alyssum

Follower of Jesus
Mar 8, 2010
✟15,566.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Didn't he and I stand before an all seeing God convicted of the same murder? For I had murdered him with my heart and my tongue." ~ Corrie Ten Boom (The Hiding Place)

"Even as the angry vengeful thoughts boiled through me, I saw the sin of them. Jesus Christ had died for this man; was I going to ask for more? Lord Jesus, I prayed, forgive me and and help me to forgive him. . . Jesus, I cannot forgive him. Give me your forgiveness. . . And so I discovered that it is not our forgiveness any more than on our goodness that the world's healing hinges, but on His. When He tells us to love our enemies; He gives along with the command, the love itself." ~ Corrie Ten Boom (The Hiding Place)

"No pit is so deep that God's love is not deeper still." ~ Corrie Ten Boom

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟750,799.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I am a sick man. ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased. However, I know nothing at all about my disease, and do not know for certain what ails me. I don't consult a doctor for it, and never have, though I have a respect for medicine and doctors. Besides, I am extremely superstitious, sufficiently so to respect medicine, anyway (I am well-educated enough not to be superstitious, but I am superstitious). No, I refuse to consult a doctor from spite. That you probably will not understand. Well, I understand it, though. Of course, I can't explain who it is precisely that I am mortifying in this case by my spite: I am perfectly well aware that I cannot "pay out" the doctors by not consulting them; I know better than anyone that by all this I am only injuring myself and no one else. But still, if I don't consult a doctor it is from spite. My liver is bad, well--let it get worse! - Notes from the Underground

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victorium

Oct 21, 2009
Perth.
✟17,488.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I have a few:

"If 50 million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing".
Anatole France, French author and critic.

"A man can’t ride your back unless it’s bent".
Martin Luther King Jr.

"To be nobody but myself – in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else – means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting".
E.E.Cummings (1894 – 1962).

"It’s easy to be independent when you’ve got money. But when you haven’t got a thing, that’s the Lords test".
Mahalia Jackson, American gospel singer.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Upvote 0

Pete_Martinez

May 1, 2010
✟15,524.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Truly inspiring quote:

“I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.”

~Martin Luther
Diet of Worms

Bold emphasis mine.

If I had a diet of worms i'd be praying too! j/k

Upvote 0

Alyssum

Follower of Jesus
Mar 8, 2010
✟15,566.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"The vague and tenuous hope that God is too kind to punish the ungodly has become a deadly opiate for the consciences of millions. It hushes their fears and allows them to practice all pleasant forms of iniquity while death draws every day nearer and the command to repent goes unheeded." ~ A. W. Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.
Bob Dylan

I don't think the human mind can comprehend the past and the future. They are both just illusions that can manipulate you into thinking theres some kind of change.
Bob Dylan

I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.
Bob Dylan

I'm just glad to be feeling better. I really thought I'd be seeing Elvis soon.
Bob Dylan

To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Bob Dylan

Motivation Is Like Bathing, It does not last-We Need to Do It Daily.

Upvote 0

SDBaptist

Puritan
Jul 19, 2011
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The following are all Paul Washer quotes:

“God saved you for Himself; God saved you by Himself; God saved you from Himself.”

“The greatest heresy in the American Evangelical and Protestant church is that if you pray and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart, He will definitely come in!”

“We honor the old prophets, we honor the Tozers and Spurgeons but we don’t want to pay the price they paid, and they paid the price by being men who walked alone who lived with God and who loved His word.”

“American Christianity is based more on a godless culture than it is the word of God.”

“Love the world? You love to listen to the very things that nailed your supposed Master to the tree.”

Then finally,
"Even if you go to hell, repent anyway because He [Jesus] is worthy of it!" ~Paris Reidhead

Upvote 0