Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A phrase that describes what it means to apostatize.
The example is seen in the OT where both revival and falling away happen within the span of a single generation of the fall of Jerusalem.
One more observation that confirms the parable of both wheat and tares which grow together only to see the reaping at the end time.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,364.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judging by how things have been lately, I doubt I am wheat in that final equation...

Unless you know for a fact that God loves you and Jesus died for you but have chosen to reject it, turned away from God and now pursue evil, then I'm pretty sure that you are wheat.
Your username, presence in this forum and the posts you write further suggest that this is the case. :) :hug:

Upvote 0

rdclmn72

May 19, 2007
dunlap, tn
✟36,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I once told someone who had doubts as to whether they were in the perfect will of God, that just wanting it was most of what she needed.
If being in his will is important to you, you don't have much to worry about.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The example is seen in the OT where both revival and falling away happen within the span of a single generation of the fall of Jerusalem.
One more observation that confirms the parable of both wheat and tares which grow together only to see the reaping at the end time.

Do you really think that the term 'falling away' means the same as 'apostacy'?

Maybe I need a dictionary because falling away means anything that is not moving closer or at a neutral point.

The Bible even talks about the great falling away, which will happen to Christians by the way. I don't think that it exactly means that they will become apostate. I think it will mean that they will follow after false teachers, wolves in sheep's clothing and doctrine that is not in the Word.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do you really think that the term 'falling away' means the same as 'apostacy'?

Maybe I need a dictionary because falling away means anything that is not moving closer or at a neutral point.

The Bible even talks about the great falling away, which will happen to Christians by the way. I don't think that it exactly means that they will become apostate. I think it will mean that they will follow after false teachers, wolves in sheep's clothing and doctrine that is not in the Word.

Not wanting to drift too far into the discussion, obliquely referencing the Bible and a dictionary, without actually quoting either one, I present the following:

2 Timothy 4:3-4
Matthew 24:10-11

Apostasy
noun, plural apostasies.
1. a total desertion of or departure from one's religion, principles, party, cause, etc.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
the apostasy could have been thought of as the reformation, or the current reformation event labelled the emergent church. It's kind of like trying to say what heresy is when there are so many denominations. Apostasy in relation to what position?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Apostacy is drawing near, then backing off.
No. Apostasy is totally turning your back on. Changing your mind, going completely and willingly in the opposite direction. Note post #6, a total desertion.

Reactions: Kaylaherin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Apostasy describes how the same group that took part in that last passover turned their back on God.

Are you talking about Judas who was with our Lord during the passsover dinner before the crucifiction? If that is your point, I would agree that Judas is a very good example of apostasy

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Falling away.

2 Thess 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; KJV

Final Rebellion translates a single word (cf. RSV "rebellion") which in secular Greek mean "desertion," often associated with treason and rebellion against a lawful ruler. In the Greek Old Testament, including the deuterocanonical books (or Apocrypha), the word is used to describe unfaithfulness to God or the denial of God. This is the meaning of the closely related English word "apostasy." Acts 21:21, the only other place in the New Testament where this term is used, speaks of those who "abandon the Law of Moses" (TEV). The element of rebellion is perhaps implied, and is certainly present in later verses of the present chapter, but the central meaning is that of being unfaithful to, abandoning, or denying something or someone. A previous relationship with the person or belief denied is strongly presupposed. The translation should not, however, specify a denial of faith in Christ, since the context does not refer only to people who have been Christians. GeCL translates "first must many fall away from God." As TEV makes clear, "first" means "before the day of the Lord." Paul is not beginning to number a series of points, and the translation should not leave the reader expecting a later sentence beginning "second" or "next."

In many languages Rebellion can only be expressed as a verb, with some type of indication of those who participate in the rebellion. Until the final Rebellion takes place must thus be rendered in some languages as "until the time when so many people rebel against God," "...turn against God," or "...refuse to have anything to do with God."
(from the UBS Handbook Series. Copyright (c) 1961-1997, by United Bible Societies)

The “falling away” or “final rebellion” is a reference to the rebellion that occurs against God ending in the battle of Armageddon.

Upvote 0

Kaylaherin

Kaylaherin
Sep 14, 2015
✟10,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Something I've noted and have first handedly experienced concerning the falling away is that, God is a God of fairness. Those that ignorantly follow after doctrines of demons, apostate theology, deception, and any anti-Christ doctrine, God sees their ignorance. (I have a testimony on that I never thought would happen to me but man oh man, I just want to tell it to as many people as I can.) He will not allow us to be completely led astray without correction because those that are truly His children, will be corrected. The ignorance within a believer's mind can clearly be seen by God, in it's entirety. This should prompt us to stay in constant, consistent prayer and communion with the Lord. I find it so compelling to pray for my heart and mind to be renewed and cleansed by God, and to examine myself. As we mature in Christ, we are being transformed into the image of Christ. (Just a little perspective I wanted to add lol )

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Judging by how things have been lately, I doubt I am wheat in that final equation...

Hello Friend:)

I disagree. You are wheat. If you were a weed you would not be able to see it or would not care about it. The bible says that 'Godly sorrow brings repentance'. If a person has that Godly sorrow over anything in their life then they most assuredly are wheat. A weed would not give a fig.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,364.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No matter how far I fall, how high I climb or how far I wander I find that in that place God has already been there. I cannot disappear from he who fills the whole earth.

:clap: :amen:

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Stop it! You are as saved as you want to be, just like the rest of us, and I know you want to be saved, and I know you want more of God. You tell that devil in your ear that he is the liar he is! You, dear friend, keep pressing on. Don't make me go find you.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
He will not allow us to be completely led astray without correction because those that are truly His children, will be corrected. The ignorance within a believer's mind can clearly be seen by God, in it's entirety. This should prompt us to stay in constant, consistent prayer and communion with the Lord. I find it so compelling to pray for my heart and mind to be renewed and cleansed by God, and to examine myself. As we mature in Christ, we are being transformed into the image of Christ. (Just a little perspective I wanted to add lol )

Thank you sharing that with us Kaylaherin, it was very nicely said as well :)

Also, I see you are pretty new here so, WELCOME TO CF .. :wave:

Yours and His,
David

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Stop it! You are as saved as you want to be, just like the rest of us, and I know you want to be saved, and I know you want more of God. You tell that devil in your ear that he is the liar he is! You, dear friend, keep pressing on. Don't make me go find you.

Well said!

Upvote 0