Je Crois (zshuh kwah) = 'I believe'
Jun 18, 2007
Jackson, MS
✟20,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a music ed. kid and I have had to take 18 credits every semester I have been in college and even take summer two summer classes in order to be able to graduate in four years. So I totally hear you on the credit hours thing!

:amen:

I actually just finished my summer 4-week courses today (both of them)!!!!

And I'm at both ends of the totem pole...with a major in pre-med and a minor in music! :sorry:...who knows I might need another summer's worth class before I'm done.

Any prayers would be nice folks!!! :pray: ;)

Upvote 0

The Julikenz

God is not a misogynist
May 17, 2004
Sydney.
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I work full time and study part, so my subjects for Spring 2008 are:

Cognitive Psych
Modern Indonesia

Psych major, politics minor. ;) I'll probably also do boxing and yoga classes with my gym during the semester, but they don't count as credits here.

Upvote 0

NavyChristian

Jul 4, 2008
✟7,637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh I'm gonna have a fun term:

Complex Analysis
Fluid Dynamics
Introductory Control Theory
Engineering Design Lab
Intro to Accounting (the *easy* class)
possibly a short class on learning Mathematica/Matlab

It's probably gonna be the hardest term of my 4 years.:help:

Analysis and Fluids are pretty straightforward. I'm not sure what type of engineering you're doing, but it sounds like mechanical. Just remember Bernoulli's equation for fluids, it will save your life.

The rest of your classes will be surprisingly easy. Control theory isn't bad, and the design lab is fun. The Matlab stuff is a joke. Extremely easy. You'll do fine. :)

Reactions: JeCrois
Upvote 0

Fed

Veteran
Dec 24, 2004
CA
✟17,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Analysis and Fluids are pretty straightforward. I'm not sure what type of engineering you're doing, but it sounds like mechanical. Just remember Bernoulli's equation for fluids, it will save your life.

The rest of your classes will be surprisingly easy. Control theory isn't bad, and the design lab is fun. The Matlab stuff is a joke. Extremely easy. You'll do fine. :)
Yeah Matlab should be simple and it's pass-fail. :)

Not sure about fluids - I looked at what we're covering and Bernoulli shows up in like 2/11 bullet points.

Analysis will be hard - best prof on campus but also very demanding. Usually the passing mark on his exams is below 40%.

But I just came off my best term so here's to hoping I can ride that wave...

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟160,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm stuck with general ed for the next two semesters...
engl101 - freshman composition
astr 101 - intro to astronomy
hum 101 - intro to humanities 1
and possibly another class that I haven't chosen yet.

Upvote 0

Kaonashi

If God is thy father, man is thy brother.
Jun 8, 2004
Denver
✟13,333.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Monday:
Cultural Anthropology 11:00-11:50
Intermediate Algebra 2:00-3:15
World of Islam 6:30-9:00 pm

Tuesday:
Written Communication II 11:00-12:15
Adult Development 12:30-1:45

Wednesday:

Thursday:
Written Communication II 11:00-12:15
Adult Development 12:30-1:45

Friday:

This is my schedule so far for this fall.

Upvote 0

EspressoDuck

EspressoDuck, not ExpressDuck.
Jun 1, 2002
School
Visit site
✟9,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm taking
English 220-Intro to the English Major,
English 246- Global Fiction,
Latin 301-Caesar (Lord help me)
Astronomy 122- The Birth and Death of Stars.

It seems pretty easy compared to what some of you are taking (except Latin, which makes me want to bang my head into a wall repeatedly).
Thank God I'm getting a BA and don't have to touch any math or heavy science stuff. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,013,466.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm taking
English 220-Intro to the English Major,
English 246- Global Fiction,
Latin 301-Caesar (Lord help me)
Astronomy 122- The Birth and Death of Stars.

It seems pretty easy compared to what some of you are taking (except Latin, which makes me want to bang my head into a wall repeatedly).
Thank God I'm getting a BA and don't have to touch any math or heavy science stuff. ;)
Is Latin a required course?

Upvote 0

EspressoDuck

EspressoDuck, not ExpressDuck.
Jun 1, 2002
School
Visit site
✟9,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not Latin specifically, but I have to take two years of a foreign language, and Latin counts. I can't tell you how many people called me a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] when they found out that I was voluntarily taking Latin. I think it's fascinating and a lot of fun....just ridiculously hard.

Upvote 0

JeCrois

Je Crois (zshuh kwah) = 'I believe'
Jun 18, 2007
Jackson, MS
✟20,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not Latin specifically, but I have to take two years of a foreign language, and Latin counts. I can't tell you how many people called me a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] when they found out that I was voluntarily taking Latin. I think it's fascinating and a lot of fun....just ridiculously hard.

Languages fall within our "social science" requirement at my school. I would take Latin in a heartbeat but I don't think it's offered.

Spanish would be more benificial to me anyway....(lot's of folks speak Espanol here in the US!!)...it comes in handy for American doctors....God willing I make it far enough to get that degree! *whew* :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jelvenko

Veteran
Oct 4, 2005
Florida
✟11,559.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Intro to Education Technology
Physical Science
Freshman English 1
American Sign Language

Right now I'm trying to find my textbooks online. But haven't had much luck. One of them, no matter where I put the ISBN in, it doesn't show up... And that the one I really want to get online cheaper than I can in the bookstore...

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Organic Chemistry and its 5hr lab! :sick:

I actually enjoyed the ochem lab when I took it a couple of years ago. liked it better than the class actually... lol

I'll be taking:
EGR 4899: EAS Capstone & Senior Design
EGR 4940: Engineering Internship
EGR 2891: Statics
UCOR 3000: Belief, Morality & Modern Mind
UFDN 3100: Christian Theology

Upvote 0

jebiv

Aug 3, 2008
central Pennsylvania
✟15,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
-Classical Mechanics -Thermodynamics -Uncertainty, Nihilism, and Modernity -Chemistry (with lab) I don't think I will like chemistry, but I have to take a lab science outside of my major. Other than that I am excited. Oh, and Matlab sucks. It's really bad, and if you don't already know programming, taking Matlab first will make it harder to learn. Mathematica is wonderful most of the time, but occasionally frustrating. My opinion at least :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fed

Veteran
Dec 24, 2004
CA
✟17,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, and Matlab sucks. It's really bad, and if you don't already know programming, taking Matlab first will make it harder to learn. Mathematica is wonderful most of the time, but occasionally frustrating. My opinion at least :).
I don't think it'll be too bad. I've done programming so this should be programming-lite.

Upvote 0