Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
【Politifact, which purports to be a fact-checking website, gave Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump a “mostly false” rating for claiming that his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, wants “open borders” — even though she said she did.

Trump made the claim during the third presidential debate. When Clinton denied the charge, moderator Chris Wallace asked her about a speech that she gave to a Brazilian bank in which she stated: “My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders.” That would seem fairly straightforward: a “true” rating was well-deserved.】

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...act-mostly-false-clinton-wanted-open-borders/

As an identified Libertarian, do you favor free trade and commerce?

Upvote 0

Radicchio

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2007
San Clemente, CA
✟592,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
If you read the entire article on Politifact you will see that while they acknowledge her statement on borders, it is not simply about open immigration.

In a brief speech excerpt from 2013, she called for "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable." Clinton has said she was talking about clean energy, but we can’t fully evaluate her remarks to a bank because we don’t have the full speech.

We rate this statement Mostly False.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...more complete statement:

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere."

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-hemispheric-government/

Through two Presidential campaigns, I don't recall Hillary Clinton ever advocating that we open the borders for unlimited immigration (as Trump is implying). The statement above was clearly referring to a free trade and the benefits thereof across our Western Hemisphere.

Upvote 0