evolution vs. Evolution

F

frogman2x

Well, I have a very conservative aunt and a good friend who is very conservative, both of whom have used the N word with regards to Obama. So I think you are kidding yourself if you think that a significant portion of the unprecedented gridlock in Washington today is not the result of endemic racism among a LARGE percentage of conservatives, especially SOUTHERN conservatives

First of all the 2 people you mention is not an adequate sample to have a statisticaly reliable result. Most in the south that have racial problems are the old ones. The later generations are much mor tolerant and they are now the majority.

You are biased if you thnk the gridlock is about race. That is absurd. It is not about Obama, it is about his polocies that will ruin our country if he gets his way. Obamacare is a dister now and it will get worse. If you want the governent making ou health-care decision, think of the post office and any other department you care to. Someone said, if you think health cares is expensive now, wait until it is free

I did give examples, Muslims and Russians in positions of power are all profoundly conservative compared to Americans, much less Europeans.

Most of Europe is liberal, not conservative and you can'[t pick 2 countries to make your case.

Back to Creationism for a brief moment, you folks are so judgmental you don't care if you sabotage the whole educational system, the fate of our kids be damned. They must have the proper ideology! Who cares if they flunk out of college. :doh:

You must be joking. Ever since Jimmy created the Dept of Education, which is run by liberals, the edeucaion of our children has gone down hill fast. We us to be numbe 1, now I think we are in the teens. Our puublic school system is a national disgrace. Evey year the DOE says we can fix the problem if we have more money. Every year they get more and the qualiyt of the eucation get worse. To teach children to think, you must give the alternatives to consider, study and make up thier own minds.

It is the same old story with conservatives willing to sabotage the whole economy and Republic if they can't get their way.

It is not conservatives sabotaging the Republic, It is excessiv taxes, especially on business and excessive reulaions and an excessive beaurocracy all supported by liberals. I think the Obams administration has added 40,000 new regulatgins since he has been in office.

For example, the Roman conservatives hated liberal Caesar so much that they were more than willing to murder him and plunge the Republic into a self annihilating civil war, simply because they hated one man so much. You conservatives are really all cut from the same mold

Yuo cannot make your case by cherry picking one example. America was ghe greatgestg natgiion when it had conservatgive principle

Anyway, Gluadys' and your lack of understanding of regional Southern politics is pretty far off topic.

I see little distinction. Orthodox vs heterodox, sure that does not neatly fit into conservative vs liberal labeling, but that is completely different. Now, Catholics straddle the line, extremely conservative on some issues while quite liberal on others, and Methodists are skewed in the sense that the clergy is quite liberal while the laity is quite conservative. But those are the only exceptions I know of, the rest fall in line with their labels like dominos falling in a row.

Most if not all denominations have a liberal element. They are runing Christianiy just s sthe are runing what America was built on.

It is not just the poor that conservatives are willing to let slip through the cracks now-a-days, it is also the entire middle class. That is why your numbers are dwindling so fast. One more generation and you will never see power again on the national level.

It is conservatgive values that made working opportunites for the poor and middle class. It is the liberals who are letting some slip through the crack and the cracks are getting wider.

kermit

Upvote 0
F

frogman2x

There's nothing in the hebrew suggesting yom is any different than its translation "day."

Not only that, anytime it is used with a number, it always means a 24 hour day as we know it today.

It is amusing that those who want to make a day billions of years do not give God the credit for knowing about millions and billions, which He could have easily used if that is wht it was.

kermit

Upvote 0
F

frogman2x

That is what you said. if you can't trust an expert in the field, you're not going to believe any evidence that he has. With that reasoning, you deny the veracity of the fossil record and instead lean on the non-evidence of a mythical global flood.

No one still uses the fossil record to prove evolution becaue they finally recognized if anything, it teneds to prove "afet it kind. Gould recognized the problem and invented Punctuated Equilabra, which is even more absurd. You have no transitional fossils and if evolution was true, the great majority of fossils would be transitiory.

I can mention how chimpanzees and humans share 99% of the same DNA but you'd call that a coincidence, just as you would when confronted by the fact that all tetrapods (four-legged vertebrates) have the same basic bone pattern. The evidence is there. You just choose to ignore it.

You can mention anyuthing you want. Proving it is true is you problem. I think your 99% is much exagurated but it is irrelevant. Chimps still only produce chimps and humans still produce humans. Always have and always will. That is genetics 101.

I can mention the absurdity of thinking a dog-like animal evolved into a whale. Why don't you mention how it lost it tail, legs and nose and acquired a flapper, fins and a blowhold? Something that is biologically impossible.

Why do you consider the theory of evolution to not be real science?

Because science proves things and NOTHING evolution says has ever been proven. I can prove "after its kind," and you can too. Why do you think it is real science?

kermit

Upvote 0
F

frogman2x

This article is honest and says evolution of multicellularity is poorly understood and then mention some step that might be required. This is exactly like stating "beaming people up on the Enterprise" is poorly understood then assume some steps that may be required in order to beam people up. Example of one requirement would be, you'd want people to be alive after being beamed up. There is nothing wrong with making assumptions as long as they are not presented as facts.

That's right but too many things evolutionists say, they say evolution is a proven fact.

Evolution is basically science fiction in reverse.

If evolution is a proven fact, give me one example of somtehing it says that has been scientifically proven.

kermit

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Traditional Apostolic Methodist
Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
First of all the 2 people you mention is not an adequate sample to have a statisticaly reliable result. Most in the south that have racial problems are the old ones. The later generations are much mor tolerant and they are now the majority.
That decrease in bigotry among the youth is a direct function of their dramatically increased liberalism.

You are biased if you thnk the gridlock is about race. That is absurd. It is not about Obama, it is about his polocies that will ruin our country if he gets his way. Obamacare is a dister now and it will get worse. If you want the governent making ou health-care decision, think of the post office and any other department you care to. Someone said, if you think health cares is expensive now, wait until it is free
Yeah, if you don't get your way the whole country is going to collapse, it is the same old tired story. The Optimate conservatives in Rome said exactly the same thing as they themselves started not 1 but 2 civil wars resulting in the collapse of the Republic. You guys are willing to sabotage the whole country to prove you are right that things are going down hill. You don't care who you hurt if you don't get your way, you don't even care if you harm yourself, you just want to win the argument at all costs.

Most of Europe is liberal, not conservative and you can'[t pick 2 countries to make your case.
You said give an example. So when I do you claim that two large regions of the world do not constitute enough of an example. :D You are just being evasive, not honest and forthright. (Also note, the Muslim world is not a country :D:doh:)

You must be joking. Ever since Jimmy created the Dept of Education, which is run by liberals, the edeucaion of our children has gone down hill fast. We us to be numbe 1, now I think we are in the teens. Our puublic school system is a national disgrace. Evey year the DOE says we can fix the problem if we have more money. Every year they get more and the qualiyt of the eucation get worse. To teach children to think, you must give the alternatives to consider, study and make up thier own minds.
Why do conservatives hate teachers so much? I find this very mystifying. I found a 50 year old book by Dale Evans (Roy Roger's wife) saying exactly the same thing, except that it was teachers' unions and some completely different government agency she was riling against since the Dept of Ed didn't exist yet. (BTW, DoE generally refers to Energy, not Ed).

It is not conservatives sabotaging the Republic, It is excessiv taxes, especially on business and excessive reulaions and an excessive beaurocracy all supported by liberals. I think the Obams administration has added 40,000 new regulatgins since he has been in office.
Oh please, we have the lowest tax rate in a hundred years, the lowest of any industrialized nation. Or tax rate is about 16% at present, which is on par with 3rd world countries like Mexico.

Yuo cannot make your case by cherry picking one example. America was ghe greatgestg natgiion when it had conservatgive principle
Your typo error rate suddenly shot up. You seem flustered.

Most if not all denominations have a liberal element. They are runing Christianiy just s sthe are runing what America was built on.
That is right, most today Christians are liberal because compassion is essential to Christianity but totally contrary to conservatism.

It is conservatgive values that made working opportunites for the poor and middle class. It is the liberals who are letting some slip through the crack and the cracks are getting wider.
Yeah, Warren Harding made this country great and FDR ruined it. :D:doh:

Upvote 0