Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It is ironic that those who do not believe in evolution choose to capitalize it. Clearly they put far more into it than do the people who actually believe in it.

The Right views science as a liberal ideology, that is what is going on. It is ridiculous, science is not an ideology, but since conservative Protestants in particular are profoundly lacking in things like college degrees in Science, their arguments become more and more puerile.

D

Dunban

It is ironic that those who do not believe in evolution choose to capitalize it. Clearly they put far more into it than do the people who actually believe in it.

The Right views science as a liberal ideology, that is what is going on. It is ridiculous, science is not an ideology, but since conservative Protestants in particular are profoundly lacking in things like college degrees in Science, their arguments become more and more puerile.

Evolution is the religion of this age, according to Ken Ham of Answersingenesis. I could find the exact quote for you, if you like.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Traditional Apostolic Methodist
Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Why does biology stand out among the sciences as being a religion, vs. the much more core sciences like physics and mathematics?

It seems to me that your prioritization of the sciences is very confused.

Upvote 0
D

Dunban

Why does biology stand out among the sciences as being a religion, vs. the much more core sciences like physics and mathematics?

It seems to me that your prioritization of the sciences is very confused.

Well they're not mine. lol

I suspect it's due to evolution being an "anti-God" religion. Here's that quote for you:

"Because evolution and millions of years are really the anti-God religion of this age, the secular academics intimidate Christians into adopting their ideas (as many do, thereby compromising God's Word in Genesis) to avoid being deemed “anti-intellectual.”"

John Lennox and a Sad Divide - Answers in Genesis

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
While it was true in the past that science was dominated by atheists, it is no longer true. Belief in God is rapidly on the rise among each newer generation of scientists, even as belief in organized religion is taking a nose dive. Less than half are atheists even now, and the trend among fresh college graduates in science is sharply down from that, less than 1/3rd.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Ah, so I'm like a Pharisee. In other words a damned soul.

You would think, listening to you folks on the Right that God looks at what is in your head rather than what is in your heart. If others do not share your purely intellectual concepts then with a heart made of stone you make personal accusations. Well let me give you the news, God looks in your HEART not your head. It doesn't matter how wrong someone's intellectual concepts are, that is not going to effect their salvation.

But hating others for not believing the same as you, now that is a matter of the heart which God will give much greater weight to.

Upvote 0
D

Dunban

While it was true in the past that science was dominated by atheists, it is no longer true. Belief in God is rapidly on the rise among each newer generation of scientists, even as belief in organized religion is taking a nose dive. Less than half are atheists even now, and the trend among fresh college graduates in science is sharply down from that, less than 1/3rd.

No it's not.

I probably agree with your position in your respects to this topic, but I disagree with you about biologists being theists. What is your source for such a statement?

Last I heard, theists are less than one third (under 30%) of all professional, academic biologists.

Upvote 0

disciple1938

Dec 26, 2012
usa
Visit site
✟7,897.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. I fail to see that it matters how He chose to do so, either with or without evolution. Evolution is beyond doubt and provably a force that operates in the universe. It doesn't mean God used it to create or that he didn't. Evolution is neither good nor evil it is just a innoculous force. Like any other force it can be used by God haters to attack him or by God lovers to defend him. so the argument can not possibly be about evolution; it is about what people think about God...it is a God debate. I suggest getting off the evolution band wagon and getting down to the real nitty gritty ... the existence of a creator God. I also suggest that denying a first force or prime mover is a fool's game so I think I will bow out.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Last I heard, theists are less than one third (under 30%) of all professional, academic biologists.
I was not aware of that. No wonder the two sides can never come to a meeting of the minds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
No it's not.

I probably agree with your position in your respects to this topic, but I disagree with you about biologists being theists. What is your source for such a statement?

Well, when you have a vocal, though relatively small, group of theists constantly dinning it into their heads that they can't believe science and also believe in God, I expect most scientists would decide they must choose atheism.

Unfortunately, the vocal claim that one must choose between science and God is a lie. How much atheism can be laid at the feet of creationists who perpetuate this lie?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well they're not mine. lol

I suspect it's due to evolution being an "anti-God" religion. Here's that quote for you:

"Because evolution and millions of years are really the anti-God religion of this age, the secular academics intimidate Christians into adopting their ideas (as many do, thereby compromising God's Word in Genesis) to avoid being deemed “anti-intellectual.”"

John Lennox and a Sad Divide - Answers in Genesis
Yeah, but what's being claimed there is a lie. Evolution isn't anti-God, and believing scientists don't accept because they're intimidated. They accept it because it works: it explains a vast array of data in multiple fields, it consistently predicts new data, and it provides a framework for fruitful research. No alternative that is remotely competitive exists. Creationism, in particular, avoids dealing with data whenever possible, makes either no predictions or consistently incorrect predictions (depending on the flavor of creationism) and is quite sterile as a guide to further research.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was not aware of that. No wonder the two sides can never come to a meeting of the minds.

Hi FWG,

Yes, fine, but he requested your source. Are you able to produce it?

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hi FWG,

Yes, fine, but he requested your source. Are you able to produce it?

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted
Since I accepted his claim without objection, I don't see the point.

But my question now is, if there is a "God of Evolution" why do you not pick on other fields with the same kind of bitterness, why do you not refer to a "God of Geology" a "God of Physics" or a "God of Astronomy"? None of these fields are still dominated by atheists.

Is that the evidence you are asking for? Proof that these other fields are no longer dominated by atheists? Well he accepted my claim in that regard without objection too, only singling out biologists as different. So I still don't see the point of your request, Dunbar and I are not disagreeing with each other on any matter of statistics.

Upvote 0

BuzzardHut

Sep 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

True science and historical geology are separate entities and should remain separate when one is imperical and the other subjective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PersephonesTear

Jul 14, 2013
✟9,344.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

It's not ironic. It is manufactured. They use a capital E to spell evolution to mislead people into accepting their untrue statement that evolution is a religion.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
True science and historical geology are separate entities and should remain separate when one is imperical and the other subjective.
"Historical geology"?!? Never heard of this made up field.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's not ironic. It is manufactured. They use a capital E to spell evolution to mislead people into accepting their untrue statement that evolution is a religion.
So how come they don't complain about a "God of Geology", a "God of Astronomy" or a "God of Physics? Those fields more forcefully reject Creationism. Biology can only look back a billion years at the very most, while these other fields push back the age of the universe much farther.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing subjective about historical geology. The real distinction you're looking for is between the parts of geology that contradict your religious beliefs and the parts that don't. That's not a distinction scientists are likely to find useful, however.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since I accepted his claim without objection, I don't see the point.

But my question now is, if there is a "God of Evolution" why do you not pick on other fields with the same kind of bitterness, why do you not refer to a "God of Geology" a "God of Physics" or a "God of Astronomy"? None of these fields are still dominated by atheists.

Is that the evidence you are asking for? Proof that these other fields are no longer dominated by atheists? Well he accepted my claim in that regard without objection too, only singling out biologists as different. So I still don't see the point of your request, Dunbar and I are not disagreeing with each other on any matter of statistics.

Hi FWG,

Well, the point is merely being respectful to answer the question that someone asked of you. You have apparently lived for some time believing in the position that you posted. The questioner asked if you could provide a source to support that belief. The issue is whether or not your belief is based on facts or just something that you 'feel' is true.

If you don't want to answer the question, that's fine. But, it is a fair question of any of us that provide answers and belief positions on these boards. I am regularly asking others on what evidence are they supporting their beliefs.

How anyone can truly not understand why someone would ask for evidence to support a belief is beyond me. It's a fair question.

Then you go on to make the claim that many other fields of science are no longer dominated by the ungodly, but provide no proof, other than you just saying so, that this is the truth. The one who seeks truth then naturally asks, "Well, how do you know this?" Have you personally talked to every scientist in these fields and tabulated their faith or lack thereof in God? Probably not. Somewhere you have read that that is true or you just 'feel' in your gut that that is true. Either of those two sources need to be checked.

I don't much care whether or not it is true that most modern scientists in the fields you have mentioned profess a belief in the God of Israel, but you see, my gut tells me the exact opposite of yours. However, the ultimate truth is that only one position can be supported by the truth.

Finally, as regards the study and purpose of science. Let me be clear that science can only prove that which is reproducible. Everything else is a best guess. The basic tenant of the scientific mind is that everything has a natural explanation. That how the earth got to be what and where it is today as we see it must be explained by some naturally occurring set of events. However, as I understand the Scriptures, that isn't the truth. At some point in time God merely said, "Let the earth exist", and it was so. One moment the vast empty blackness of emptiness that we call space was just a vast empty blackness of nothing. No light, no molecules, no atoms just the nothingness void of space. In that vast empty area of space God said, "Let there be..." and the earth appeared. Fully formed, reasonably round and spinning. Covered in water according to the Scriptures. Just one moment there was nothing in all of space and the next moment, boom, there was the earth sitting all by itself spinning like a ball in the vast empty blackness of space.

It was covered by water and beneath that water was the dirt and rock and magma and all else that makes the earth a solid planet. Then, in another moment God said, "Let the dry land appear..." Boom, the sea parted and suddenly there was a land mass of dirt and rock that existed above the waters of the sea. Then God said let there be other heavenly bodies in the black emptiness of the space in which the earth appeared and again, Boom! Suddenly the heavens all surrounding and about the singular planet of the earth was filled with millions and millions of other celestial bodies.

Now science tell us that this all happened several millions or billions of years ago in time past and also tells us that it is impossible that that is the correct order of the creation of the earth and the other stars and planets of our universe. The born again believer knows differently. The born again believer has the indwelling Holy Spirit as his teacher. And it is the job of God's Spirit to teach those who have accepted him, the truth of the things of God.

Unfortunately, Christianity isn't a lot different than Judaism in the nature of it's people.

So, let me see if I understand what you responded. Beginning after you read the responders post you no longer try to tell people that the majority of scientists today are theists, right. You accepted - and believed - his claim without question and have now changed your position. If not, then your statement is false. You haven't accepted what he wrote, you just have read it, processed it, rejected it and continue on your way without having offered any proof to those who have asked for you to support your belief. If not, then I honestly don't understand what you mean that your 'accepting his claim without objection' makes any difference in your willingness to respond to his request for proof. You just don't want to discuss it. Ok.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0