pastorkevin73

Jan 8, 2006
Canada
✟16,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today I was listening to one of my old Geoff Moore and the Distance CDs. There is one song that refers to evolution. The song goes like this:

(Presong) Darwin first did the imminent service of arousing attention to the probability of all change in organic, as well as in the inorganic world,being the result of law, and not of miraculous interposition. For all life is a continuum. All living things despite their awesome diversity are related to each other. And evolution is the term we give to that process, by which the structure of plants and animals changes with the passage of time thus accounting for the continnuum.

I was staring through the blackboard trying to keep from sleeping,
doing my very best to hear the subject they were teaching.
When to my surprise, I couldn't my believe my ears,
this is what you looked like back a million years.
Your uncle was a monkey, he was swinging through the trees,
he lived on green bannanas, and his arms swung to his knees.
He spoke with such conviction, it really made me think,
Maybe my teacher, He's the missing link!
He said...

I believe in evolution,
ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
It's the only possible solution,
Big Bang fiction, that we factualize.

Therefore Crow Magnum Man!

It takes a lot of faith to say we're accidents of nature,
but I believe we are the work of a loving Creator.
Now you can wait a million years and hope that nature does it's part,
but it only takes a moment, for God to change a heart.
That's why...

I believe in evolution,
changing of the heart, renewing of the mind.
It's the only true solution,
God is always working, changing lives (changing lives),
It's evolution redefined.

I used to trust in natural selection,
my survival was all I could see.
My evolving to perfection,
Started when God rescued me.

I believe in evolution,
It's the only true solution, God is always working,
changing lives.
I believe in evolution,
It's the only true solution,
It's evolution redefined.
I believe in evolution,
It's the only true solution, God is always working,
changing lives.

I believe believe in evolution,
changing of the heart, renewing of the mind,
It's the only true solution, It's evolution redefined.

Pretty funny song. You need to hear it to get a full appreciation for it. Now this is the kind of evolution I can accept; the changing of the heart.

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
pastorkevin73 said:
Today I was listening to one of my old Geoff Moore and the Distance CDs. There is one song that refers to evolution. The song goes like this:

Pretty funny song. You need to hear it to get a full appreciation for it. Now this is the kind of evolution I can accept; the changing of the heart.

Changing of the heart is a kind of evolution we all believe in here. But some of us don't accept the false dichotomy that changing the heart requires rejecting biological evolution.

Upvote 0
C

ChristianSoldier07

Except your song uses the scientific definition of evolution interchangably with the lay definition. While the lay-man's definition may be change though time, the scientific definition is more specific- more of natural selection via accumulated mutations.

An I have a huge problem with my fellow creationists using the "my uncle wasn't a monkey" thing. It shows a lack of understanding.

And with the line "ask no questions..." Biologists are glad to answer questions, its just that when the "uncle monkey' creationists ask, they choose not to answer the fool (a Biblical concept. See Proverbs.).

One lask comment. Yes, God does work in lives and change hearts, but there really isn't any reason to stir up an argument by using the term 'evolution'.

Upvote 0

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
It is a funny stance on Evolution. I've heard those arguments before several times. I had no idea that band existed.

Pardon me, but I'm not a big fan of, "ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies." , as well I shouldn't be. :) This means that as a supporter of Evolution, I'm telling lies. Simple enough. Is calling what I know from facts a lie make it a lie? To some people it's just that easy.

BTW, why did you post that here?

You're a pastor? What Denom? YEC or ID?

Thank you and God Bless

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
random_guy said:
Too bad the evolutionist version to too vulgar to post. I blame it on those evil atheist evolutionists and their lack of morals due to their belief in survival of the fittests, making them such brutal animals. For those interested look up MC Hawkings on Google.

That is pretty vulgar. Very angry stuff. On a related note, however, a long time ago, I downloaded the Led Zeppelin Medley. Now that's funny stuff. "Hey. hey. momma. said. the. way. you. move..." MC Hawking is no Robert Plant. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steen

Lie Detector
Jun 13, 2006
South Dakota
✟9,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
pastorkevin73 said:
Today I was listening to one of my old Geoff Moore and the Distance CDs. There is one song that refers to evolution. The song goes like this:...
Quite funny. I am sure that by now, you know enough about the Scientific Theory of Evolution to spot at least 5-6 of the errors/misrepresentations in the song, right?

Upvote 0

steen

Lie Detector
Jun 13, 2006
South Dakota
✟9,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does raise a question though, pastor kevin.

Now that you KNOW that the creationist description, representation and knowledge about Evolution is generally false and full of errors, what is the value of using that background to attack Evolution, as so many creationists are doing?

What is YOUR view of creationists making claims that you now KNOW are outright false (as we showed you in a former tread that most of the claims about Evolution was not about Evolution at all, or were misrepresentations)? What do you feel about the YEC that are outright bearing false witness in order to support "evidence" for their faith? can you agree that they are misguided?

Upvote 0

pastorkevin73

Jan 8, 2006
Canada
✟16,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your posts. I'm sorry if some of you were offended by it. I do not mean to stir up anything with it. I only meant is in fun and to lighten up a pretty heavy board of discussion. I have no alterior(sp) motive or underhanded intent, just humor. You would have to hear the song to see more of the humor behind the song. Some of you bring up good questions, to note Steen. Since I have read what TEs believe I am starting to see some of the misconceptions or misinformation that some of us creationists have. In all honesty, I am still not convinced of evolution and still believe Genesis to be literal. I'm not looking to debate on this thread, again, just wanted to lighten the mood. If you are able to listen to the song the title is Evolution Redefined. It is pretty funny, especially the voice of the professor at the beginning of the track.

Blessings All!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
chesslord243 said:
there are 2 tipes of evolution: macroevolution and microevolution.

Macroevolution is large-scale evolution occurring over time that results in the formation of new groups

Microevolution is small changes take place over time causing changes within a species

There is one type of evolution. The micro/macro split is a false dichotomy created by neo-creationists so that they can appear to be somewhat reasonable and accepting of 'safe' level of science, while still denying their strawman versions of evolutionary theory.

'Macro' evotion is 'micro' evolution experienced over the course of large expanses of time.

The imagery that I seen used is that micro evolution is one step forward, macro evolution is walking across the room. Same thing, different distances.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.