Not open for further replies.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Men who love God and gloried God more than themselves.

Did Muhammad love Allah just as much? Did the writers of the Hindu Vedas love those gods?

The fact of the matter is that humans wrote Genesis, not a deity. Trying to pretend that God wrote it only makes you look dishonest.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Did Muhammad love Allah just as much? Did the writers of the Hindu Vedas love those gods?

The fact of the matter is that humans wrote Genesis, not a deity. Trying to pretend that God wrote it only makes you look dishonest.
I don't speak for Muhammad nor Muslims.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Don't the Vedas speak for Vishnu and the other Hindu gods?

Doesn't the Koran speak for Allah?

How are those any less the "words" of gods than the Bible?
In case you haven't notice this is Christian site. I don't go on Muslims, Hindu,etc. websites and debate their faith.
I live by faith which put me on equal grounds with everyone else and I'm not ashamed to stand on my faith.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
God never asked me to.

Can you show us a recording of God asking anyone to read anything?

The foundation of my faith is Jesus Christ which automatically tells you exactly where I stand on those other faiths.

Seems that you have a double standard since those other texts have equal claims of being written by gods.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Seems that you have a double standard since those other texts have equal claims of being written by gods.
I never said they have equal claims. It's obvious only one can be true. I don't believe in the Koran no more than I believe in man's evolution.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fact of the matter is that the computer sent your post, not Loudmouth. Trying to pretend that Loudmouth sent it only makes you look dishonest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why not?

God use people to accomplish His purpose just as we use computers to accomplish our purpose.

Loudmouth needed to type his words for the computer to send the message, would you agree with this? Yes, or no?

When you can show us in the same fashion that God was responsible for typing the words of Genesis, let us know.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Loudmouth needed to type his words for the computer to send the message, would you agree with this? Yes, or no?
Yes.
When you can show us in the same fashion that God was responsible for typing the words of Genesis, let us know.
He didn't. He simply guided the process.

Here, lets use a better analogy:

To say that people wrote the Bible and not God is like saying that the horse plowed the field and not the farmer.

The horse may pull the plow, but the farmer is guiding the process, therefore the plowing of the field is credited to the farmer.

Likewise, the people may do the writing, but God is guiding the process, therefore the writing of the Bible is credited to God.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes.
He didn't. He simply guided the process.

Here, lets use a better analogy:

To say that people wrote the Bible and not God is like saying that the horse plowed the field and not the farmer.

The horse may pull the plow, but the farmer is guiding the process, therefore the plowing of the field is credited to the farmer.

Likewise, the people may do the writing, but God is guiding the process, therefore the writing of the Bible is credited to God.

I don't know about you, but I can see the horse and the farmer. I can't say the same about God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.