Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It isn't a fairy tale. Is that all you have, name calling?

The argument that creationists give us is that you need all of the parts in the human eye all at once in order to have function. This isn't true. Even something as simple as a light sensing organelle in a single celled protist can provide a selective advantage.
Evolutionist doesn't seem to understand there is a huge difference between a light sensitive spot from an eyeball. A moving eyeball would be a huge disadvantage without the muscles to control it and muscles are completely useless without an movable eyeball in an eye socket. To me all evolution ever had was Darwin's "the little eyeball that could " fairy tale. They continue to repeat Darwin's fairy tale to this day.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Dawkins wants me to be gullible enough accept what he presents to explain that appearance without evidence like you seem to be .
Why do you keep repeating there's no evidence for ToE?

And please answer my question? How do you know Mt. Rushmore is designed?

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
I'm looking for the guy who did it. If we have to know the designer before we can determine if something is designed or not.

And "the Greeks" is just a guess.

Known construction methods, materials, location and astronomical knowledge points to the Greeks.

Asked and answered.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Evolutionist doesn't seem to understand there is a huge difference between a light sensitive spot from an eyeball.

We understand it just fine. We also understand that there are several selectable adaptations that bridge the gap between the light sensitive spot and the vertebrate eyeball.

A moving eyeball would be a huge disadvantage without the muscle to control it and muscles are completely useless without an movable eyeball in an eye socket.

A stationary eyeball would be a huge advantage over those without any eyeballs.

Also, last I checked we use muscles for things other than moving eyeballs.

To me all evolution ever had was Darwin's "the little eyeball that could " fairy tale.

Again with the name calling. Darwin gave real examples of intermediate eyes. As usual, you ignore it and throw mud.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We understand it just fine. We also understand that there are several selectable adaptations that bridge the gap between the light sensitive spot and the vertebrate eyeball.

A stationary eyeball would be a huge advantage over those without any eyeballs.

Also, last I checked we use muscles for things other than moving eyeballs.
A stationary eye would be an advantage than a moving eyeball in an eye socket without muscles.

Again with the name calling. Darwin gave real examples of intermediate eyes. As usual, you ignore it and throw mud.
I never called Darwin a name. A fairy tale is his "the little eyeball that could" story and has nothing to do with science. In fact he wished the fossil record support his story but he knew it didn't and it still doesn't. His intermediate were living creatures of his day.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, that does not identify the designer. Who was the designer?
Bob was the designer. He told me. Well, it wasn't Bob directly, I asked "the ghost who never lies," and she told me it was Bob.
Anything else you want to know?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A stationary eye would be an advantage than a moving eyeball in an eye socket without muscles.

I never called Darwin a name. A fairy tale is his "the little eyeball that could" story and has nothing to do with science. In fact he wished the fossil record support his story but he knew it didn't and it still doesn't. His intermediate were living creatures of his day.

Thanks for telling us how Darwin feels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is to say, "none."
Be default illusion are something that can be shown to be an illusion. The universe could be an illusion but by default most of us believes it's real. Of course anyone who choose to believe the universe is an illusion it's impossible to prove to them it's real. The same with ID.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Be default illusion are something that can be shown to be an illusion. The universe could be an illusion but by default most of us believes it's real. Of course anyone who choose to believe the universe is an illusion it's impossible to prove to them it's real. The same with ID.
So each and every one of us make three fundamental assumptions:
1. Reality exists.
2. We can know something about reality.
3. Models with predictive capabilities work better than those without.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So each and every one of us make three fundamental assumptions:
1. Reality exists.
2. We can know something about reality.
3. Models with predictive capabilities work better than those without.
And all three points to ID. Why would you believe we can know something if the universe is created out of complete chaos?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since you are comparing the helicopter rotor to the bac flag, perhaps you could point to the turbine engine that is running on kerosene within the bac flag.
Why do you feel that this type of come back can in anyway improve support for your position?

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Until you can show how to measure 'design', it is the same thing. Enough with the excuses.

Provided evidence that it is an illusion.
I don't have to "measure" design. What means of measurement do you suggest?
IN your dreams perhaps. :)

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
From what scientific evidence do you derive that?
Again if someone refuse to believe the universe is real then there is no evidence that can prove it to that person. Anyone who refused to believe "design in nature" is real then no scientific evidence could prove to that person that it is. Design in nature is part of our universe and both by default is assumed to be real unless there is good evidence to prove otherwise.

"On the one hand it's extremely well organized, but on the other hand the sheer scale of all of this unfamiliar well-organized stuff that happens in there makes me feel that I've stumbled onto an alternate landscape of technology that's built by an engineer a million times smarter than me."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.