Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
BAGUIO, Philippines – U.S. Marine CH-46 helicopters loaded with rice, sardines and drinking water flew Sunday into a stricken Philippine mountain city where supplies are running short after landslides triggered by a storm blocked roads and buried dozens of residents.

US choppers bring aid in stricken Philippine city - Yahoo! News

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
There is a certain irony in using a facepalm emoticon when you use the words 'were' and 'where' interchangeably but aside from that I would recommend any text book that looks at late 19th century global politics.

Well you obviously have read osme of these books how did these books explain to you the USA "ethnically Cleansed " the people of the Phillipines??

Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others

So better soldiers in war equate to ethnic cleansing???hahahahha^_^^_^

The most conclusive evidence that the enemy wounded were being killed, came from the official reports of Otis and his successor, General Arthur MacArthur, Jr., which claimed fifteen Filipinos killed for every one wounded. In the American Civil War, the ratio had been five wounded for every soldier killed, which is close to historical norm. Otis attempted to explain this anomaly by the superior marksmanship of rural southerners and westerners in the U.S. military, who had hunted all their lives.

Thanks God for Guns and Southerners..hahaha

Philippine?American War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you missed the section titled "American Atrocities". Easy to do. It was only in big, bold print that I linked you directly to after all.
In 1908 Manuel Arellano Remondo, in General Geography of the Philippine Islands, wrote: “The population decreased due to the wars, in the five-year period from 1895 to 1900, since, at the start of the first insurrection, the population was estimated at 9,000,000, and at present (1908), the inhabitants of the Archipelago do not exceed 8,000,000 in number.”
U.S. attacks into the countryside often included scorched earth campaigns where entire villages were burned and destroyed, torture (water cure) and the concentration of civilians into “protected zones” (concentration camps). Many of the civilian casualties resulted from disease and famine.
In an article, We Charge Genocide: A Brief History of US in the Philippines, appearing in the December, 2005 issue of Political Affairs, E. San Juan, Jr., director of the Philippines Cultural Studies Center, Connecticut, argued that during the Philippine–American War (1899-1902) and pacification campaign (1902-1913), the operations launched by the U.S. against the Filipinos, an integral part of its pacification program, which claimed the lives of over a million Filipinos, constituted genocide. This number takes into account the more than half million natives who died of Cholera during the conflict.
In November 1901, the Manila correspondent of the Philadelphia Ledger reported:"The present war is no bloodless, opera bouffe engagement; our men have been relentless, have killed to exterminate men, women, children, prisoners and captives, active insurgents and suspected people from lads of ten up, the idea prevailing that the Filipino as such was little better than a dog..
America by no means has a monopoly on disgusting wartime actions, but don't act like we've never done anything shameful.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
You can afford to bring them rice and sardines when you ethnically cleanse them a century before and create a favorable environment for investment and lending.

What exactly is your problem again with the US? I mean shouldn't you be more angry with the Aussie government and the British government, since they are the ones that took away Australia from you. All I've ever seen you do is complain about the US government.

Reactions: Joachim
Upvote 0

exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist
What exactly is your problem again with the US? I mean shouldn't you be more angry with the Aussie government and the British government, since they are the ones that took away Australia from you. All I've ever seen you do is complain about the US government.

The US government have done a lot of bad things it isn't complaining to point these things out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The US government have done a lot of bad things it isn't complaining to point these things out.

Yeah, so has every other government on the face of the earth. Arguing that something a government did 100 years ago negates the good of the people today is kinda silly, though.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married

No government is free of sin; name me one thing the US government has done that is so bad, as to make others seem more innocent. Bringing up something that happened in the 19th century, when we are providing aid to people who need it, is fanaticism. Get off your moral high ground, and see that we are trying to help those in need. Besides, it's not the US government that's out there, it's men and women like me who are doing this.

Australia is helping out on the forefront as well, yet I don't see you complaining about them being out there bringing up atrocities from their past. Come on man, it's not rocket science to see we are doing the right thing here. I can understand you complaining about Afghanistan or Iraq, but gonna go on a rampage because we are HELPING people is absurd < STAFF EDIT >

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist
Yeah, so has every other government on the face of the earth. Arguing that something a government did 100 years ago negates the good of the people today is kinda silly, though.

Which was the beginning of US domination over the Philippines, including the dictatorships and running right up to the current period of neo-liberal policies which leaves the majority of the country poor.

The helicopter, the rice and the sardines would all be of Phillipine origin and this story wouldn't even exist if not for about a century of US dominance. It isn't outlandish to point this out when dropping some food supplies is being used as an argument for supposed do-gooding.

No government is free of sin; name me one thing the US government has done that is so bad, as to make others seem more innocent. Bringing up something that happened in the 19th century, when we are providing aid to people who need it, is fanaticism. Get off your moral high ground, and see that we are trying to help those in need. Besides, it's not the US government that's out there, it's men and women like me who are doing this.

Australia is helping out on the forefront as well, yet I don't see you complaining about them being out there bringing up atrocities from their past. Come on man, it's not rocket science to see we are doing the right thing here. I can understand you complaining about Afghanistan or Iraq, but gonna go on a rampage because we are HELPING people is absurd <Staff Edit> .

You throw them fish and rice while the debt grows and capital can leave as easily as it arrived and you ask me to be amazed that you are trying to help those in need. I'm sure Russia do the exact same thing with ex-satellite nations that doesn't make it the most impressive act of charity around or speak against their numerous evil acts they carry out in other places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You can afford to bring them rice and sardines when you ethnically cleanse them a century before and create a favorable environment for investment and lending.
We have had wars. Just and unjust. War is war. It is not pretty, there is no nice wars. Wars must be fought and people must die.

When "civilized" people try to make war civilized or forget how uncivilized war is, that is when they are most likely to go to war.
"I guess they just forgot what it was like."

Nothing we do today, can make up for past wrongs. So why should the USA even try. Maybe the USA should just focus on our needs and forget every other country in the world. Because we have done great things for most, but we have also had probelms with alot. We shouldn't help people in need? We shouldn't offer something to someone, when we have extra?
I even wonder if we have extra, or are we just borrowing money to give to needy countries. IE we are giving away what we don't even have.

So learn history about all the rotten things we have done, and feel free to ignore the good we have done.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Slaughtering entire villages is funny? Wouldn't that make for a pathetic excuse of a human being... let alone a religious one.

I am not religous. Just because I ahppen to know for a fact that the Bible is absolutley 100 % inerrant does not make me religious.

As for killing villages by soldiers in war that is not funny but you calling better soldiering in war ethnic cleansing is funny, though.^_^

Upvote 0