exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist
Because we have done great things for most

No you haven't.

So learn history about all the rotten things we have done, and feel free to ignore the good we have done.
The bad exceedingly outweighs the good.

<staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You'll have to explain the bad v.s the good... and be prepared to contrast lives saved over the long term against lives lost over the short term. The results are never as black and white as we'd like them to be. War is Hell, and a great evil... however like a wildfire it sometimes makes lasting peace possible. If you are of the opinion that totalitarian communism which was on the march across the globe shortly after the defeat of the Axis powers at the end of WW2... you have as evidence three wars WWI, WWII, and the Cold war in which the US military played a key role in saving the world from tyranny.

No you haven't.

The bad exceedingly outweighs the good.

<staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist
You'll have to explain the bad v.s the good... and be prepared to contrast lives saved over the long term against lives lost over the short term.

Like trying to justify atom bombing people, ha.

What is there to explain? Powerful states are by almost pure functional necessity, evil. The US is one of the most powerful and has contributed heavily to this.

.. you have as evidence three wars WWI, WWII, and the Cold war in which the US military played a key role in saving the world from tyranny.
The great war was completely pointless. The US entered the second world war only after supporting Germany and Italy and only after being attacked. The Cold War was a fantasy where the US carried out global acts of terror and Russia carried out domestic acts of terror.

None of them saved the world from tyranny least of all the first and last mentioned.

Upvote 0

HeKnowsMyName

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 23, 2006
Jawja!
✟69,974.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON

This thread has underwent a thread cleanup. If your post(s) are edited or missing, then they probably fell victim to the cleanup. Please remember the OP and do not flame each other.

BAGUIO, Philippines – U.S. Marine CH-46 helicopters loaded with rice, sardines and drinking water flew Sunday into a stricken Philippine mountain city where supplies are running short after landslides triggered by a storm blocked roads and buried dozens of residents.

US choppers bring aid in stricken Philippine city - Yahoo! News

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Like trying to justify atom bombing people, ha.

What is there to explain? Powerful states are by almost pure functional necessity, evil. The US is one of the most powerful and has contributed heavily to this.

So if the United States were broken up into 10 smaller countries it would be less powerful and less destructive? I doubt it. Over time each would probably average 1/10 the destruction that the larger nation would have. Your argument I think is really against nation states, as a whole and the way they compete for resources, wealth and power.

The great war was completely pointless. The US entered the second world war only after supporting Germany and Italy and only after being attacked. The Cold War was a fantasy where the US carried out global acts of terror and Russia carried out domestic acts of terror.

Once again you have the problem of nation states struggling for power. The US only entered the war when Japan attempted to become the dominant power in the Pacific, until then it was to our advantage to let the other great powers expend thier energy on one another.

None of them saved the world from tyranny least of all the first and last mentioned.

The tyranny of Nazi Germany? I'm fairly certain that the world is a better place because that monstrocity was put down. The tyranny of the USSR? A huge step backward in individual liberty... just to trade one set of elites for another. I think it's pretty clear at this point in history that it was a bad trade. I don't see us building walls around our country to keep people in anytimes soon.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
I am not religous. Just because I ahppen to know for a fact that the Bible is absolutley 100 % inerrant does not make me religious.

As for killing villages by soldiers in war that is not funny but you calling better soldiering in war ethnic cleansing is funny, though.^_^

Facts and logic are hard to refute huh??

Upvote 0