Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The unborn really aren’t. And if the unborn were really so important, pro-lifers would be lobbying medical schools and researchers to finally start giving some importance to women’s physiology in instruction and research. Maybe they could put some real effort towards causes and prevention of miscarriage and fetal abnormalities.
Plenty of pro-lifers have.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟163,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Her personal beliefs are no longer relevant to the organization.
It is indeed quite clear that Planned Parenthood has abandoned the ideas of its founder. As far as I can tell, Margaret Sanger was never a proponent of abortion legalization, and in fact was strongly against elective abortion. Part of the reason she thought contraceptives should be easily available (which is what Planned Parenthood was founded to accomplish) was the idea it would curtail abortions. It's a bit ironic that the organization in the United States best known for lobbying against basically any restrictions on abortion access was founded by someone who was quite against abortion.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m a male.
Cis-male?
That's different
Not for the doctors caught up in this legal dilemma - how imminent is the danger of a nonviable pregnancy to the woman? Do the doctors have to wait until death will occur within hours or will death within days/weeks be acceptable for a legal abortion? This is an issue because there have been cases where the amniotic sac has broken before 21 weeks into the pregnancy; the fetus will not survive but is not yet dead and the hospital legal wizes demurred saying the woman is not close enough to death yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟251,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Cis-male?

Not for the doctors caught up in this legal dilemma - how imminent is the danger of a nonviable pregnancy to the woman? Do the doctors have to wait until death will occur within hours or will death within days/weeks be acceptable for a legal abortion? This is an issue because there have been cases where the amniotic sac has broken before 21 weeks into the pregnancy; the fetus will not survive but is not yet dead and the hospital legal wizes demurred saying the woman is not close enough to death yet.
Cis-male? ??? A male is a male.

Saving the life of the mother is not the same as terminating a healthy fetus.

Reactions: Margaret3110
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟251,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It is indeed quite clear that Planned Parenthood has abandoned the ideas of its founder. As far as I can tell, Margaret Sanger was never a proponent of abortion legalization, and in fact was strongly against elective abortion. Part of the reason she thought contraceptives should be easily available (which is what Planned Parenthood was founded to accomplish) was the idea it would curtail abortions. It's a bit ironic that the organization in the United States best known for lobbying against basically any restrictions on abortion access was founded by someone who was quite against abortion.
This is correct. Margaret Sanger and the original planned parenthood was focused on birth control, NOT abortion…

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟149,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes for some necessity is simply I don't want a child right now so it's akay to take a human life.
“I don’t want to go through the perils of pregnancy to birth a child I do not currently want to bear.”
I fail to see the need for getting society involved in this.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,406.00
Faith
Pentecostal
don’t want to go through the perils of pregnancy to birth a child I do not currently want to bear.”
I fail to see the need for getting society involved in this.
I don't want to have bring a child in to the world even though I created a life so I'd rather kill a human than have to take care of it.

I definitely see the need for getting society involved in this.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟149,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't want to have bring a child in to the world even though I created a life so I'd rather kill a human than have to take care of it.

I definitely see the need for getting society involved in this.
I understand that you consider abortion tantamount to “murder”; and good for you for fighting for that, seriously, but I think you‘re incorrect and so (by recent elections’ results) do about 60% of the electorate seem to agree with me.

By all means, keep fighting to what your conscience demands, I’ll do the same over here.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟308,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟251,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That's not what Daisy was talking about.

Feel free to not have sex or abortions, then, but no one cares if you don't.
It hurts someone else. Therefore I will speak out against it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,406.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I understand that you consider abortion tantamount to “murder”; and good for you for fighting for that, seriously, but I think you‘re incorrect and so (by recent elections’ results) do about 60% of the electorate seem to agree with me.

By all means, keep fighting to what your conscience demands, I’ll do the same over here.
Sounds good. I will.

Trouble is the science and logic is a actually on my side. So yes I'll keep fighting for it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.