Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....didn't you know most of the Univ. of Wisconsin student body are illegal immigrants?
And the rest are felons, I'm sure. Not counting the dead ones wanting to vote.

tumblr_lzteomboml1qf7mmro1_500.gif

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's pathetic. I already voted. The voting was 8am-6pm, and my husband and I arrived just after 5pm. At 6pm an election official came out and went to the end of the line, and she stood there to prevent any more people from joining the line, because it was a BIG line, and they don't want to be there until midnight. We left at 6:30, having voted, and there were still another 40 people waiting to go in so I doubt it would have been over until at least 8pm. Getting there in time to get in line isn't onerous (for us anyway). Most people can go sometime between 8am and 6pm, and Saturday voting is all day too. We also have multiple options to place our votes, and this one is a library perhaps 20 minutes from my house (we live in the suburbs of a large state and close to a large metropolitan city). Many big organizations and state concerns allow employees time off to vote on the final day. People should be encouraging the vote. I was excited to see a big turnout, even as I'm sure my state will stay red. I want to see people embracing their vote, not staying away through apathy or inability to get to the poll. That's just plain wrong. This governor and clerk are just as wrong. I hope that the student body defies them and goes to as much trouble as it takes to cast their votes - no matter which party they support.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's pathetic. I already voted. The voting was 8am-6pm, and my husband and I arrived just after 5pm. At 6pm an election official came out and went to the end of the line, and she stood there to prevent any more people from joining the line, because it was a BIG line, and they don't want to be there until midnight. We left at 6:30, having voted, and there were still another 40 people waiting to go in so I doubt it would have been over until at least 8pm. Getting there in time to get in line isn't onerous (for us anyway). Most people can go sometime between 8am and 8pm, and Saturday voting is all day too. We also have multiple options to place our votes, and this one is a library perhaps 20 minutes from my house (we live in the suburbs of a large state and close to a large metropolitan city). Many big organizations and state concerns allow employees time off to vote on the final day. People should be encouraging the vote. I was excited to see a big turnout, even as I'm sure my state will stay red. I want to see people embracing their vote, not staying away through apathy or inability to get to the poll. That's just plain wrong. This governor and clerk are just as wrong. I hope that the student body defies them and goes to as much trouble as it takes to cast their votes - no matter which party they support.
Whatever. Just another not dead not illegal voting against Trump. You'll probably vote again next week, too.:preach:

Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.
Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's funny, cause I said before that the "right" would blame liberals/Obama/Dems/George Soros for rigging the election. And then I got a post on FB about how Soros was rigging the election.

It always struck me as projection. I've seen posts here about how people on welfare should be denied the right to vote, how there should be literacy tests again (I'm black so no thank you). Everything except "let's have a more appealing candidate."

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
We left at 6:30, having voted, and there were still another 40 people waiting to go in so I doubt it would have been over until at least 8pm.

Did you mean 400 people still to go? Or was it going to take 1 1/2 hours for 40 people? I can't understand how it could take that long.

It's so weird hearing about how long it takes to vote in the USA, up here I think the longest I've ever waited is about 5 minutes, and I've voted at least 50 times. I live in Vancouver, so maybe it's different in other parts of Canada.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Did you mean 400 people still to go? Or was it going to take 1 1/2 hours for 40 people? I can't understand how it could take that long.

It's so weird hearing about how long it takes to vote in the USA, up here I think the longest I've ever waited is about 5 minutes, and I've voted at least 50 times. I live in Vancouver, so maybe it's different in other parts of Canada.
It took us an hour and a half to get from the back of the line to the front, so I'm just assuming it would take the same amount of time for people who were just as far down the line as we had been to get to the front. 40 people, not 400. :)

There were only approx. 8 voting machines inside. Of course you have to check in with ID, sign your confirmation, and then wait as others get done. Some people haven't decided yet, perhaps, or are going page through page to make their choices. I had to make just one choice, which was party-aligned, so every box was checked as soon as I hit that button. I did nonetheless scroll through every page to make sure the checks were correct before I hit the button to confirm. There were quite a lot of elderly. No disparagement on them, but unless they're working, I honestly think they should going during different hours, like not "after work" hours. Shrug. People are voting and this state is notorious for its low voting turnout. Like I said before, I doubt it's going to turn blue overnight, but I'd rather see a huge voting turnout because voting apathy is frustrating to me. I know that some people don't vote for specific reasons, and that's fine, but it's the apathy I can't stand "it's only one vote" "my vote doesn't matter." YES IT DOES.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It took us an hour and a half to get from the back of the line to the front, so I'm just assuming it would take the same amount of time for people who were just as far down the line as we had been to get to the front. 40 people, not 400. :)

There were only approx. 8 voting machines inside. Of course you have to check in with ID, sign your confirmation, and then wait as others get done. Some people haven't decided yet, perhaps, or are going page through page to make their choices. I had to make just one choice, which was party-aligned, so every box was checked as soon as I hit that button. I did nonetheless scroll through every page to make sure the checks were correct before I hit the button to confirm. There were quite a lot of elderly. No disparagement on them, but unless they're working, I honestly think they should going during different hours, like not "after work" hours. Shrug. People are voting and this state is notorious for its low voting turnout. Like I said before, I doubt it's going to turn blue overnight, but I'd rather see a huge voting turnout because voting apathy is frustrating to me. I know that some people don't vote for specific reasons, and that's fine, but it's the apathy I can't stand "it's only one vote" "my vote doesn't matter." YES IT DOES.

Wow! That is amazing. We do everything up here on paper, so it's check in, get your ballot, step up to a little cardboard 3 sided "booth" that hides your ballot from prying eyes, and you're done. Needless to say there are plenty of 3 sided booths. I would think we could process 400-500 people per hour at any polling station I know of.

I don't understand why you guys have gone to electronic voting. I much prefer putting an "X" on my paper ballot.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand why you guys have gone to electronic voting. I much prefer putting an "X" on my paper ballot.

We do color in the circle and it gets scanned and, presto. Seems pretty good because you have both some quick count and paper ballots to fall back on.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We do color in the circle and it gets scanned and, presto. Seems pretty good because you have both some quick count and paper ballots to fall back on.

My state we mail them in. You get more people voting that way. Though it doesn't make the ballets any shorter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think Hillary is just as likely to result in a nuclear holocaust as Trump, perhaps more so by underfunding the military at least as far as weapons development and being more willing to use US military power to promote US foreign policy to the advantages of the executives at companies who are funding her campaign.

But to Hetta's point, I fully agree that everyone should vote, because a lot is at stake in this election, unfortunately.

Note that I am not endorsing Trump's campaign. I'm probably voting for Gary Johnson to protect the entire election, but I'm not throwing away my right to vote regardless.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Love the burning end of the world signature photograph. I think its a toss up as to who will start WWIII, Trump or Hillary.
You're making me blush.....

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "election is rigged" conspiracy is a clear case of certain folks preemptively trying to explain why their terrible selection didn't win. Plain & Simple.

"I left pizza on the counter for 12 days, ate a slice of it, and got really sick. My conclusion, eating 12 day old pizza is a perfectly reasonable thing to do... someone must have put poison in it, that's why I got sick"

Upvote 0