Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Now, if you're thinking "wow...it sure took a while to find this voter fraud" you're correct. It did.

Why? Because at a glance... it appears no voter fraud occurred. Registered voters voted through mail in ballots....as I'm sure everyone knows is legal and easy....but in this case, voters who were registered but had no intentions of voting were identified by the defendant, and votes were then cast by the defendant's organization in the names of these registered voters.

In other words....this is in many ways the exact sort of mail-in ballot harvesting scheme that Republicans have alleged happens all too often, ever since the 2020 election. The only way to be certain this isn't happening more often would be to call each and every mail-in voter and receive their verification of voting and whom they voted for. In this case, it appears voters were bribed for their votes....so it's unclear if they would honestly admit to being part of an election fraud scheme.

Republicans have been trying to fix this obvious legal loophole by demanding in person voting. Democrats have of course, attempted to not only prevent any attempts at stopping this sort of voter fraud from succeeding....they attempted to pass legislation early in the Biden administration that would have made voter fraud easier.

Feel free to discuss, but leave out the longtime racist trope of black people being unable to acquire proper ID unless you can provide some empirical data to prove this is true.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Now, if you're thinking "wow...it sure took a while to find this voter fraud" you're correct. It did.

Why? Because at a glance... it appears no voter fraud occurred. Registered voters voted through mail in ballots....as I'm sure everyone knows is legal and easy....but in this case, voters who were registered but had no intentions of voting were identified by the defendant, and votes were then cast by the defendant's organization in the names of these registered voters.

In other words....this is in many ways the exact sort of mail-in ballot harvesting scheme that Republicans have alleged happens all too often, ever since the 2020 election. The only way to be certain this isn't happening more often would be to call each and every mail-in voter and receive their verification of voting and whom they voted for. In this case, it appears voters were bribed for their votes....so it's unclear if they would honestly admit to being part of an election fraud scheme.

Republicans have been trying to fix this obvious legal loophole by demanding in person voting. Democrats have of course, attempted to not only prevent any attempts at stopping this sort of voter fraud from succeeding....they attempted to pass legislation early in the Biden administration that would have made voter fraud easier.

Feel free to discuss, but leave out the longtime racist trope of black people being unable to acquire proper ID unless you can provide some empirical data to prove this is true.
Jeff Van Drew is a Republican so he was helping a Republican get elected?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Jeff Van Drew is a Republican so he was helping a Republican get elected?

Disturbing, isn't it?

These fraudsters and election scam coordinators can simply be hired by anyone who has the money.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'd like the record to show that the politician he was "helping" in this caper is a Republican.

I bet that matters to some people....

But I'm more concerned with the fact that the system we use for electing officials is so porous and easily rigged.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I’m glad he was caught.

This shouldn’t condemn mail in voting, but use as identification of holes that need to be secured.

How though?

I can understand mail-in voting if you're overseas, out of state, or otherwise unable to physically cross the distance to your designated voting location....

But this ballot box stuffing of anyone too lazy or who simply doesn't care (or worse, poor enough to be bought) is for the birds.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I bet that matters to some people....

But I'm more concerned with the fact that the system we use for electing officials is so porous and easily rigged.
I think you need to look at each state because each state has its election methods and rules. For instance, this particular fraud method couldn't be used in a state where every registered voter is sent a ballot in their name with an identification code.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But this ballot box stuffing of anyone too lazy or who simply doesn't care (or worse, poor enough to be bought) is for the birds.
Even if there were no mail-in voting people could be bought to vote the way they were told to.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I bet that matters to some people..
It matters when the headliner is "NJ Democrat Commits Mail-In Voter Fraud" and what that insinuates.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How though?

I can understand mail-in voting if you're overseas, out of state, or otherwise unable to physically cross the distance to your designated voting location....

See below
I think you need to look at each state because each state has its election methods and rules. For instance, this particular fraud method couldn't be used in a state where every registered voter is sent a ballot in their name with an identification code.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually, we've been nailing them left and right for a long time. This one is different because it involves a democrat.

List of Republicans committing voter fraud continues to grow

It's kind of surprising that the totals are so skewed to the republican side. It might be that democrats are much less likely to cheat. Or they might just be a lot smarter than republicans and are so clever that they don't get caught. Or maybe they're smart enough to realize that such cheating almost never determines the result of an election. One of those.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a good point. In my state you need to sign the ballot so the culprits would need to forge each signature. Though it is still concern and safeguards in all states should be put in place.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It matters when the headliner is "NJ Democrat Commits Mail-In Voter Fraud" and what that insinuates.

He's from NJ.

He's a registered Democrat.

He committed voter fraud.

Federal authorities arrested former Atlantic City council president and Democratic operative Craig Callaway Thursday, alleging he masterminded a mail-ballot fraud scheme in the runup to the 2022 election.

And there's no indication that the Republican knew about it.

The charges appear to stem from work Callaway did for Rep. Jeff Van Drew’s 2022 reelection campaign. There’s no indication Van Drew (R-02) knew about the alleged scheme.

What exactly is the issue?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually, we've been nailing them left and right for a long time. This one is different because it involves a democrat.

As Donald Trump clings to claims of voter fraud in the 2020 election, Republicans are still making headlines for actually committing voter fraud. Mehdi Hasan updates the list.
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com
Or your sources are biased.
News stories. Not hard to verify the facts.

It's kind of surprising that the totals are so skewed to the republican side. It might be that democrats are much less likely to cheat. Or they might just be a lot smarter than republicans and are so clever that they don't get caught. Or maybe they're smart enough to realize that such cheating almost never determines the result of an election. One of those.
Is there some research in that link?
Documented news stories. We just see a lot more republicans doing voter fraud. That why they were under court supervision for decades after being caught repeatedly doing it.

The Republican Party Emerges From Decades of Court Supervision

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's from NJ.
true
He's a registered Democrat
true
He committed voter fraud
true
The charges appear to stem from work Callaway did for Rep. Jeff Van Drew’s 2022 reelection campaign. There’s no indication Van Drew (R-02) knew about the alleged scheme.
The natural assumption is that voter fraud when committed is to reelect a candidate of one's own party, which is what the thread headline would generally imply.
So clarification to readers seemed to be appropriate.

Upvote 0