Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Love others the most when they deserve it the least....and try to remember that a lack of patience really has nothing to do with anyone else, and has everything to do with us being far too attached to ourselves, our viewpoints, what we want to happen, our expectations. A lack of patience is really a lack of humility, and essentially a lack of trust in God--He'll make things work out for the very best even if we aren't in total control of how it all plays out.

That's at least where my ongoing struggle with being the absolute least patient person in the world has brought me....lol!

I'll be praying for your endurance and supernatural peace through your current trials (not for your patience...because then God sends stuff to teach us patience...lol)

And you might also want to give tea a try...there's something so soothing in a cup of tea.....:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
I just thought, too--look at natural causes...are you getting enough quality sleep? Are you getting exercise? Are you getting outside everyday? Those are huge natural factors which can make us far more irritable--and for some reason I find that when I am most irritable is when I least want to look at and address those things...but when I do, it makes a noticeable change for the better!

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes i see it takes too much energy to be angry...
And other times i hide when i feel like it's too much to bear.

Its better to be angry and alone than blowing up on others.
My Irish gets going sometimes. :D

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes i see it takes too much energy to be angry...
And other times i hide when i feel like it's too much to bear.

Its better to be angry and alone than blowing up on others.
My Irish gets going sometimes. :D

I'm not really angry about anything. Just moody and feeling fed up. If there was anything to forgive I would. This is just a mood of being tired of putting up with ridiculous stuff. Its sapping my charity.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just thought, too--look at natural causes...are you getting enough quality sleep? Are you getting exercise? Are you getting outside everyday? Those are huge natural factors which can make us far more irritable--and for some reason I find that when I am most irritable is when I least want to look at and address those things...but when I do, it makes a noticeable change for the better!
Yea I thought of all those things. I loose the entire nights sleep every Monday now with the new job. The rest of the time I spend entirely to much time on here. Its an adjustment I have been through dozens of times. My blood pressure has been up. And then there are things that just seem so stupid that it gets frustrating trying to explain to people who should know better.

It reminds me of something I heard Fr. Corapi say once; If you wallow in a tub of manure long enough you will come out stinking.

Thats the problem with most every forum around here. I think I have got to the point where the only way I can cope is to follow Davids example, at least for a while and get out and live life a little this summer.

Its in my sig; about he who condemns himself in what he approves. I think thats what I am struggling with. ;)

I realize all that, so why does the pressure seem to build?

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
I realize all that, so why does the pressure seem to build?

That's a great question! I am gonna think and pray about that--because that'd be really helpful to me to know...if I am blessed with any insights I'll share----but you do the same, too, okay??

Yeah--real life is waaaay better. I really need my computer for email and stuff---but I have been seriously thinking about how we could be computer free for awhile...

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's a great question! I am gonna think and pray about that--because that'd be really helpful to me to know...if I am blessed with any insights I'll share----but you do the same, too, okay??

Yeah--real life is waaaay better. I really need my computer for email and stuff---but I have been seriously thinking about how we could be computer free for awhile...

All I can come up with at this point is a lack of balance. Some things that have changed have been the new job, dad dying, getting engaged, and other normal adversities in life and with my kids, contracts and such. I usually cope better than this. Maybe thats it, maybe I am tired of trying to cope with some of the extra stresses. My heart just isn't in those battles any more for some reason.

I have no doubt I am online to much. Its largely entertainment but also a ministry yet there surely is a compulsion factor to it. There is research that shows monitor radiation alone increases dopamine levels. If you know much about addictions then you will realize thats the calling factor. ^_^

What I share or try to help with here for the glory of God is the ministry factor. I think I am starting to understand better than ever how incorrigible invincible ignorance or demonic oppression is and how frustrating to think one can make a difference in it by human means. Thats arrogance isn't it? That attitude has had me indifferent to it for a while. Especially since that last crash.

I seem fine just being around here in OBOB. I couldn't haven't cared less about the rest for a quite a while. Its sickening out there. Certainly not worth fighting for which only amounts to banging the head on the proverbial brick wall anyway because even in a worthy cause there is never success and you risk being consumened yourself for trying. Even against blatant anti-catholicism. Its hard to care about everyone right now I guess when so few actually do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The rest of the time I spend entirely to much time on here.

It reminds me of something I heard Fr. Corapi say once; If you wallow in a tub of manure long enough you will come out stinking.

Think I have got to the point where the only way I can cope is to follow Davids example, at least for a while and get out and live life a little this summer.
:clap: I thought I would never hear you say it!

Ya know... I would love to go walking with you, we have some nice parks around here. It's a perfect time to say the rosary together also.

Those that love you the most and understand you (like me :p) tend to also love spending time with you. I will go the extra mile for you anytime you need me. I love to see you smile, and am sad for you when you are feeling down.:hug::kiss: and :crosseo:.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:clap: I thought I would never hear you say it!

Ya know... I would love to go walking with you, we have some nice parks around here. It's a perfect time to say the rosary together also.

Those that love you the most and understand you (like me :p) tend to also love spending time with you. I will go the extra mile for you anytime you need me. I love to see you smile, and am sad for you when you are feeling down.:hug::kiss: and :crosseo:.

See there, and here I thought I was spending more time with you since we got engaged. ^_^

I'm not really feeling down either. I am just feeling grumpy. I don't mind it at all. I just don't want to bite anyones head off. :p Hehe, I use here as a mood guage before I do. ;) ^_^

My mood elevator has been on lower floors for like 3 days straight. What was it Dr. Deacon Bob said on his CD, don't try to analyze yourself while in a low mood. :doh: I've been thinking about it for a few days and after saying some semi-insane things I really think it comes from having to stay up all night one night a week and trying to switch the bio clock back and forth every few days for work.

Maybe I will get that VA job I'm interviewing for next Tues day and can cut out warping the sleep cycle on a regular basis and be a normal person for a while.

Are you ready for another schedule change - yet again? ^_^

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
See there, and here I thought I was spending more time with you since we got engaged. ^_^

I'm not really feeling down either. I am just feeling grumpy. I don't mind it at all. I just don't want to bite anyones head off. :p

My mood elevator has been on lower floors for like 3 days straight. I really think it comes from having to stay up all night one night a week and trying to switch the bio clock back and forth every few days for work.

Maybe I will get that VA job I'm interviewing for next Tues day and can cut out warping the sleep cycle on a regular basis and be a normal person for a while.

Are you ready for another schedule change - yet again? ^_^
I would welcome a change like that. It certainly would be a blessing to be on the same schedule. Maybe you should start a thread on prayers for this job?

And you certainly have been spending more time with me since our engagement, which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!:tutu:

I just wanted you to know I am here to help and feel for you when you are happy, sad, or grumpy. Gosh, I know what I feel like with lack of sleep, and as you have experienced it usually is not pretty. Or I am just dead weight, cant keep my eyes open and fall asleep practically talking to ya.

Shannon had some good points though about daily exercise and getting out door's. I know it's hard with the night job though.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My patience have been tried severely lately and its wearing me down to be rather grumpy. Arghhh!

Does anyone else ever get like this?

Any advice would be welcomed.
Tell me about it. Been feeling the same way. It makes me feel like the worst person in the world.

I say my patience prayer every night & had a couple glasses of wine yesterday which helped relax me.

Sometimes I just feel so pressured about everything.

Then comes the lack of patience.

Reactions: isabella1
Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All I can come up with at this point is a lack of balance. Some things that have changed have been the new job, dad dying, getting engaged, and other normal adversities in life and with my kids, contracts and such. I usually cope better than this. Maybe thats it, maybe I am tired of trying to cope with some of the extra stresses. My heart just isn't in those battles any more for some reason.

I have no doubt I am online to much. Its largely entertainment but also a ministry yet there surely is a compulsion factor to it. There is research that shows monitor radiation alone increases dopamine levels. If you know much about addictions then you will realize thats the calling factor. ^_^

What I share or try to help with here for the glory of God is the ministry factor. I think I am starting to understand better than ever how incorrigible invincible ignorance or demonic oppression is and how frustrating to think one can make a difference in it by human means. Thats arrogance isn't it? That attitude has had me indifferent to it for a while. Especially since that last crash.

I seem fine just being around here in OBOB. I couldn't haven't cared less about the rest for a quite a while. Its sickening out there. Certainly not worth fighting for which only amounts to banging the head on the proverbial brick wall anyway because even in a worthy cause there is never success and you risk being consumened yourself for trying. Even against blatant anti-catholicism. Its hard to care about everyone right now I guess when so few actually do.

Joab, dear bro, is there anything in your life that hasn't changed? there are a lot of huge changes in your life. each of which are already quite an adjustment on their own, now add each one together and it's quite a compounding mix of stressors.

in times like that, it's important to pick your battle wisely, sorting priorities. i think you shouldn't put too much energy in the CF at this time... ministry wise. because you cannot keep giving if your fuel thank is running on low... refuel yourself in RL first... and give yourself time to adjust to all the things that have changed in your life and still will be changing.

i know i spend too much time here too and i enjoy your and Isabella's presence around... you help make OBOB what it is, a nice place to want to stick around :) sometime it's ok, if all you can do is ask for prayers.

i think Isabella has some wonderful idea, going for a walk together would be a very good thing to do :)

Reactions: isabella1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Tell me about it. Been feeling the same way. It makes me feel like the worst person in the world.

I say my patience prayer every night & had a couple glasses of wine yesterday which helped relax me.

Sometimes I just feel so pressured about everything.

Then comes the lack of patience.

Ummm....what do you think happens when you pray to learn patience or to grow in patience? :) The Lord sends you things to teach you patience. :hug:

When we have the same trials over and over again---it's a gift, because we're not learning whatever it is that we're supposed to be learning. (Writes the queen of the very same six challenges which meet her again and again and again......)

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Having a midnight job is hard on your body, mind, and soul.

My husband was always grumpy and not himself when he was on the midnight shift.

It took several years of being off that job before he returned to being himself again.

My prayers. Yes, get a normal job with regular hours.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've come to realize recently, that my ego drives my mood swings. When I think of things in the past where I've been hurt, I conjure up daydreams where I could get even. Or, I'll dwell on the future, where I begin to daydream how things will be well, when I retire, live a different lifestyle, have this or that, you name it.

The ego loves living in the past or the future, but is weakened, when you live in the present.

And, the present is all that is real anyway. The past is gone, and the future is yet to come. So, if I can't be happy in the present moment, I'll never be happy. If what I'm doing in the present, isn't what I desire to be doing, then I need to change it.

In all, Jesus said, don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself.

Living in the present, is where God is. God, being eternal, has no time clock. He is the I'AM, the Now. So, be in the presence of God, by living in the present.

The present is where reality is, and accepting reality is the food for humility.

In Christ Jesus
Jim

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know, Joab, in your position, I probably wouldn't be on here nearly as often as I am. We like seeing you, I'm not trying to get rid of you, I'm just saying that part of what makes this place worth the constant aggravation for me is that I literally don't have anything better to do, my health means a lot of time on my back, and I can't find a romantic interest to lay down with.

I'm figuring that you probably work for eight hours and sleep for eight hours, so that means you've probably got eight hours left. Some of that is going to be taken up by grocery shopping and basic household necessities, plus whatever commute you have to deal with. That really only leaves so much time left.

Think about what you're passionate about. Part of that is probably your fiance. I realize you can't spend all of your free time with her, but there might be something else you like. Are you a baseball fan? Could you be? Baseball season is in full swing -- you could turn on your television and grab a beer and some pretzels and watch your favorite team play a game here and there. Like movies? Renting them doesn't even necessarily involve a trip to the Blockbuster anymore, some cable television services had an "on-demand" rental service and itunes offers rentals of some movies on your computer for typical video rental prices, or you could watch television shows, either on your tv or on a free Internet streaming service like Hulu or Fancast (The online ones have Family Ties and the original Star Trek right now, amongst other things). Maybe you could read a good book, Amazon.com will deliver one to your house.

Sometimes music can be relaxing. If you have a CD collection, you can upload those for free to your computer and use itunes or windows media player to organize and play them back, shuffling songs randomly and creating special play lists. Maybe listening to some music you enjoy as you surf the web would help you relax more as you're doing it. And that's probably free, since you obviously have a computer with an Internet connection, and you can use your pre-existing CD collection if you have one. If you don't have CDs and can't afford to buy music online, Pandora.com and similar services will stream you music for free radio style (Plus there are some traditional radio stations with free online feeds).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The last post I made on this thread had some practical suggestions, but just on a less tangible note, I realize life is basically a very tough aggravating ball of max for a lot of folks. You may not have quite the same problems I have in terms of health, romance, and lack of a real future (I'll never own a house, for example), and I may not have the same problems as a starving guy in some third world country who is trying to avoid being attacked by some sort of juanta; but almost everyone has their own pains and frustrations that are very significant to them personally. I even read about people who experience a lot of success in their careers, are wealthy, and have their pick of women (or men) who are really depressed or otherwise are having issues in life.

It's easy for me to look at you and say "Geez, he's a beautiful fiance and his health, what's he upset about?". It's easy for the third world guy to look at me and say "Geez, he's got enough food to eat and and a television, what's he upset about?". I think we all look at the rich and famous and wonder what they really have to be upset about. But we all have our struggles.

I wish there was an easy answer. Really, though, things just are as they are. When you realize that you can't control everything, that can help a little. It can also help a little to embrace distractions and things that bring small moments of joy, like sports, music, or television. I certainly in your shoes would embrace my fiance. But in the end people's pain is a part of them, and usually can't be solved or entirely mitigated -- for better or for worse, it's a part of life for most folks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.