Evangelism Outreaches 2024

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As 2023 comes to a close we'll quickly be full swing in 2024! Can you believe it?... It sounds so futuristic.

Anywho, I'm curious to know what your evangelism plans are for 2024. I'm already starting on my plans and looking to continue growing. My next major outreach will be at the local ice festival in February (which brings thousands and thousands of people).

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,781.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last year I made a new years resolution to tell a certain amount of people the Gospel. I did manage to reach my goal and this year I want to do the same again, and if not, I want to beat it. Even though I am only 48, I think to myself that time is short. I may only have another 20 years to share the Gospel and then my body may not be capable. So, I want to make good use of these years.
But this year, a small group of us are already making plans. In February, we are going to a local agricultural show where thousands go. Then we have an event called Baldrics Big Day Out. I have gone and purchased a gazebo, and we can use that for evangelism (I have spent hours reinforcing the seams on it).
Keep us up to date on what you get up to. Love hearing about it.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for sharing, Nathan!! Prayers you exceed that goal and that this year will be a tremendous year for the advancement of God's kingdom. I look forward to hearing how this events go and others you go throughout the year!

I'm planning a group for the Medina Ice Festival which is a 3 day event and brings lots of people. Another friend is planning an outreach downtown Cleveland for the St. Patrick's day parade, so I'm thinking of going there. And then others that come my way! I will be continuing to go to Medina Square on a weekly basis here shortly. I also want to ramp up my videos and make evangelism videos on tips about evangelizing and also sharing my adventures (I just bought an action came to go along with my on my outings).

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,781.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my adventures
This is true. If you live a life where you go and tell as many people as possible, the awesome thing that God has done for you, then you will have adventures.
Most Christians go to work 5 days a week then relax and play sports on Saturday, and then Sunday is the day they go to church. Each week is the same. Week after week there is nothing new. But if you go and tell strangers the Gospel, if you pluck up the courage to show people how they fall short of God's standards, then you will see amazing things. Some of these things will be good and some bad, but they all make for an exciting life. This last year I have had amazing experiences when sharing. I have spoken to people who were amazed at the message, and I knew that what was said had sunk in. You could see the amazement in them. I have spoken to a very angry person but once I moved to the Gospel, he became quiet and then by the end, he said that he had never heard the Gospel said like that and it made sense. I have even had the privilege of sharing the Gospel with a police officer. And there were many other experiences that I have learnt from.
Look at Paul's life. His was exciting. He was beaten but kept on going. His life was in danger many times. He was whipped but still, the fire within him burnt. He was stoned and shipwrecked and many other exciting things all in the name of Christ. We now look at this and think, what an amazing life.
So, if you want better life stories, share the Gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen, yes!!! Preach it!!

It's amazing how when we put aside our fears and just go out there and share the Gospel how blessed it is. For one, knowing we're planting and watering seeds for the advancement of God's kingdom, and the people and stories we we get to learn about and share.

You should really start making some videos and sharing your adventures and stories, too!

Upvote 0

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,773.00
Faith
Lutheran
Great description, I completely agree, it's one of the things we've used to help recruit younger missionaries and get our own drive up to go and preach. As you say, there's not only a sense of duty but also true adventure that goes with ministering in faraway places! Or places closer to home. Either way, mustering up that courage means you're bringing yourself to step out and engage with strangers in a very special and unique way, no doubt a bit nervous at first as we all are but also fulfilling in a way few other activities are. And indeed it's an adventure in it's own way, a way to connect with others and reach out so that we too, learn and improve ourselves as we preach the Good Word to others.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great description, I completely agree, it's one of the things we've used to help recruit younger missionaries and get our own drive up to go and preach. As you say, there's not only a sense of duty but also true adventure that goes with ministering in faraway places! Or places closer to home. Either way, mustering up that courage means you're bringing yourself to step out and engage with strangers in a very special and unique way, no doubt a bit nervous at first as we all are but also fulfilling in a way few other activities are. And indeed it's an adventure in it's own way, a way to connect with others and reach out so that we too, learn and improve ourselves as we preach the Good Word to others.
Look forwarding to hear about your adventures, too! :)

Upvote 0

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟26,773.00
Faith
Lutheran
Look forwarding to hear about your adventures, too! :)
Almost too many to name, one of those things we were so involved in the activity that now we have to actively take notes to recall the specifics of our varied mission adventures. But one of my favorite cases off top of the head was when I was getting my feet wet as a young overseas minister in SE France, renovating and helping add a new chapel to one of those old charming parish churches that dot all over in the French villages especially in and around Provence. On an especially humid summer day, I came up to one of the pretty young ladies in a long dress who (I thought) was a local, with her husband and small kids running around outside one of the cottages by a country road not far from the parish church, asking where we could find some ice and lemonade during our breaks.

She was speaking almost perfect French with her young ones, even seemed to know some of the Provençal dialect so I tried struggling as I was, to ask my questions in my own still very broken French. At a certain point she began to smile in amusement, finally replied to me in English in a very Texan accent that the cottage was air-conditioned and we were welcome to come in and rest for a bit. enjoy their home squeezed lemonade and barbecue flavored Provençal home cooking! Turned out she and her husband were also missionaries originally from a part of Texas not far from our homebase at the time, but had made a permanent move to France over 5 years before we came and were raising their kids as fully French-- and she and her husband certainly spoke it well enough to put me to shame! We had a good laugh and she even admitted something similar had happened to them, since the missions are mostly so independent and decentralized it was apparently hardly uncommon for fellow overseas ministers to cross each other's paths like that unknowing. Certainly I'd say one of the best parts of those mission adventures, bumping into your fellow adventurers in your travels!

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,781.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am going to a Christian Music festival for 3 days at the end of this week. There will be many who do not know God. A lot of the people that go to this festival go because their friends are going. That is their motivation. So, many just come because of friendship. Not because they have been to the foot of the cross. So, this is a prime opportunity to share the Gospel.
It will also give me a prime opportunity to encourage lukewarm Christians to get on fire.
If the person I am talking to tells me they are a Christian, I then ask them to rate their Christian walk out of 10. 10 being really good (they read their bible and pray daily), while 1 is really bad. Most will say that they are about 5 or 6. If they say this, I then say to them: -
"Imagine that you and I are going skydiving together and you were to ask me how tight my parachute is. You ask me to rate how tight it is out of 10. 10 being really tight and 1 being very loose. If I were then to say my parachute is only a 5 or 6 out of 10, you would say to me, "Don't Jump! Tighten your straps". And so, I am now saying to you to tighten up your straps. Start putting God first as you do not know when you will have to jump into eternity."

Last edited:
Reactions: David Hunter
Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Almost too many to name, one of those things we were so involved in the activity that now we have to actively take notes to recall the specifics of our varied mission adventures. But one of my favorite cases off top of the head was when I was getting my feet wet as a young overseas minister in SE France, renovating and helping add a new chapel to one of those old charming parish churches that dot all over in the French villages especially in and around Provence. On an especially humid summer day, I came up to one of the pretty young ladies in a long dress who (I thought) was a local, with her husband and small kids running around outside one of the cottages by a country road not far from the parish church, asking where we could find some ice and lemonade during our breaks.

She was speaking almost perfect French with her young ones, even seemed to know some of the Provençal dialect so I tried struggling as I was, to ask my questions in my own still very broken French. At a certain point she began to smile in amusement, finally replied to me in English in a very Texan accent that the cottage was air-conditioned and we were welcome to come in and rest for a bit. enjoy their home squeezed lemonade and barbecue flavored Provençal home cooking! Turned out she and her husband were also missionaries originally from a part of Texas not far from our homebase at the time, but had made a permanent move to France over 5 years before we came and were raising their kids as fully French-- and she and her husband certainly spoke it well enough to put me to shame! We had a good laugh and she even admitted something similar had happened to them, since the missions are mostly so independent and decentralized it was apparently hardly uncommon for fellow overseas ministers to cross each other's paths like that unknowing. Certainly I'd say one of the best parts of those mission adventures, bumping into your fellow adventurers in your travels!
Hahaha, that's an awesome story! What an adventure that was! What an encouragement to be on a mission and then just run into other missionaries. And thanks for the reminder to be taking notes. I used to take notes a long time ago and now I just keep them in my head and every once in a while I try to jot down notes on a little pad, but I need to do it more to recall the stories in the future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am going to a Christian Music festival for 3 days at the end of this week. There will be many who do not know God. A lot of the people that go to this festival go because their friends are going. That is their motivation. So, many just come because of friendship. Not because they have been to the foot of the cross. So, this is a prime opportunity to share the Gospel.
It will also give me a prime opportunity to encourage lukewarm Christians to get on fire.
If the person I am talking to tells me they are a Christian, I then ask them to rate their Christian walk out of 10. 10 being really good (they read their bible and pray daily), while 1 is really bad. Most will say that they are about 5 or 6. If they say this, I then say to them: -
"Imagine that you and I are going skydiving together and you were to ask me how tight my parachute is. You ask me to rate how tight it is out of 10. 10 being really tight and 1 being very loose. If I were then to say my parachute is only a 5 or 6 out of 10, you would say to me, "Don't Jump! Tighten your straps". And so, I am now saying to you to tighten up your straps. Start putting God first as you do not know when you will have to jump into eternity."
Praying for you, Nathan, and any fellow evangelists and all the people you'll cross paths with! I was thinking of evangelizing at an event this Saturday outside of a Christian concert (People have to by tickets at the event as they can't be prepurchased), so there will be lines of people. I'm sure many will say they're Christian and actually won't be, or maybe they're not believers but were invited by a friend, and then there will be true Christians who may just be encouraged. Just not 100% sure yet.

Also, great analogy!! I'll have to use this one!

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,781.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to the Christian music festival this weekend just been. Not long after I got there, I could hear some music that shocked me. The music was the type of music that you would listen to if you were going into battle, and you wanted to listen to something that would make you aggressive and numb your soul. The band was called Amanaki. Here is a link to some of their music. You will be amazed. This should not be at a Christian music festival. (Don't watch too much of this rubbish.)
There was also another band similar to this as well.

After I had set up my tent, I took my flipchart and went and found a place to share the Gospel. This place had plenty of foot traffic and it was not loud. So, a perfect place for someone to hear the awesome message of the cross without being distracted.

One of the first people that I shared the Gospel with was a crew member of the festival. When I finally asked him, "So what did God do for guilty sinners so that they would not be punished?", he did not know. I was perplexed. This was a person who was a Christian helping to run a Christian event and he did not know what God did for us. WOW!!!!
Sadly, I was only able to share the Gospel for about 15 minutes before the big head honcho of the entire event came along and stopped me. He told me that since he did not know me, I was not allowed to share. I pleaded my case, but he would not let me, and he said that he did not want people to be "accosted" with the Gospel. I then asked if I could share the Gospel without the flipchart. So, I would simply be talking to people one to one sharing the Gospel. He still said no. Then he told me that he had people around the place who were sharing the Gospel. But I had walked around the entire area and did not see anyone sharing the Gospel. The group that I went to the festival with was a group of about 25 young people and over the whole festival (Friday to Monday), there was only one of them approached and spoken to. And the message that was spoken was not clear and eventually went to end times stuff.

There was some really good music over the weekend though. There was Charity Gale, We were messengers and many other great bands. There were also some good messages. The cross and love were mentioned many times. So were God's compassion and mercy, that he is slow to anger, he is faithful and forgiving. But sadly, over the whole weekend, there was only about 1 minute devoted to how God is just and that we have sinned against him. So, the messages were designed in such a way that people would not be offended by someone showing them their sin.
As believers, we need to be careful when sharing the message of God that we do not give people a slanted understanding of God. If we talk a lot about Gods love and forgiveness without mentioning His Justice, then we can give a slanted view of God, and people will then be more likely to continue in their sins. After all, if He loves us and he is forgiving, then it does not matter if we continue in our sins.

Overall, I was very annoyed. The organiser of this event would let a very compromised band play, but he would not let believers share the Gospel. This seemed very hypocritical to me. And there were many messages about the cross but not really any for why the cross is needed. If people do not see their need for the cross and they only hear the Good News, then they will receive the message with joy, but when persecution happens, they will wither away.
And also, if they have not seen their sin, then how can they come to the foot of the cross? Christ died for our sins. We need to be careful that we do not make people who believe they are saved but have not come to a place of being broken and contrite.

This was a great festival, and I loved the worship and community, I can see that the organisers do have a heart for God, but they need to reevaluate some of their priorities so that people can see their need for a saviour.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Love your boldness and faithfulness, Nathan! Keep walking by the Spirit!

I'm glad you were obedient to the Lord. I started listening to that song to see what it was about... and you sharing how the organizer didn't want you sharing the Gospel, and then hearing this song... says everything we need to know about the event. I'm curious now to see who even allowed that music. Unfortunately, most "christian" events are watered down now and cater to the world. Glad you still found some of it great and got to share the Gospel with someone! Now we dan pray for them that their hearts and eyes will be opened to the truth.

I really need to get the flipchart printed out and use it! Got the upcoming ice festival in a few weeks but will just be going out passing out tracts and engaging in conversation.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,781.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do have to cut the organiser a bit of slack. After all, he does not know me, and I could be someone who will lead people astray. A pastor would not just let anyone into his pulpit. So, my aim over the next year is to contact the organiser and let him get to know me. Maybe even take him out for dinner. The bummer thing is, I will need to travel a long way just to get to know him. But if he sees that I am genuine, then it may be worth it. I may be able to preach at the festival for the next 20 years. That would be great.

If I was over there with you, I would get the chart printed out and send it to you. I know you would find it very useful.
Also, once you know how to do the flip chart, you will also be able to go into the parks and share the Gospel with chocolate. (The Chocolate Challenge. 10 commandments)

Also, those bands were at the very start of the festival. So many people had not even arrived yet. I think that the organisers planned it that way so that most people would not hear them. Though they should not have been there at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Hunter
Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True, but how he let that type of music there is strange, even if it was before everyone would be there... So why even plan them to play to begin with...

Haha, thanks! I have the files, just need to get them printed. I'll be praying for you and for this organizer to open his eyes to the truth and allow you to be there next time!

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums