Portland
✟33,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
This thread is for anime series of winter 2024 season. What you have seen or are watching.

Anime shows that were from a previous season that are still in progress and continuing will be included in this. Series from the fall of 2023 are Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, Shangri-La Frontier, The Apothecary Diaries, Undead Unluck, Ragna Crimson, The Seven Deadly Sins: Four Knights of the Apocalypse, Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange, Dog Signal, and others.

I've watched most of the stuff that just recently came out. Animes that are going into their second season I've watched and watching the second seasons of are Mashle, Bottom Tier Character Tomozaki, and Banished From The Hero's Party. Going on their third season are Classroom of the Elite and Blue Exorcist, I'm watching these. I haven't seen The Dangers in My Heart, but I'm planning on seeing that. I am considering watching the reboot of Urusei Yatsura, but I will probably take my time getting to it. I saw High Card when the first season came out this time last year, but I didn't finish it, and hoping to do so. I didn't finish Classroom for Heroes, I saw half of the show, and will watch the rest, because the special episodes will be coming out.

Of the brand new stuff that don't have a previous run I have watched, my favorite anime shows from the winter season of 2024 are; Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord, The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash, and the Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil. Others I like are Ishura, Solo Leveling, 7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy, The Strongest Tank's Labyrinth Raids -A Tank with a Rare 9999 Resistance Skill Got Kicked from the Hero's Party, The Unwanted Undead Adventurer, The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic, My Instant Death Ability is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me, The Unwanted Undead Adventurer, Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable, and The Way of Pon. There are many others I didn't mention that I have also watched.

What anime shows from winter 2024 have you watched/seen? What are your thoughts on them? What shows do you like and are there any you dislike?

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Frieren and Apothecary Diaries continue to be my favorites. My other top shows are;

- Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp
The main character does a reverse isekai, getting a second chance at her original life in a fantasy world after spending some time in the non-fantasy modern world as a surgeon. We get to learn some medical stuff in the process.

- Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss, but I'm Not the Demon Lord
An isekai story with a very standard setting, but I like the main character. She is very practical, but also very socially awkward, and reaches max level through her very logical but unorthodox methods. She can't quite grasp why no one else appreciates her methods.

- Metallic Rouge
It's a science fiction series set on Mars with artificial people trying to live among normal humans. It borrows a lot from similar science fiction shows, but we don't get much science fiction anime these days, so I'm enjoying it.

- Sasaki and Peeps
Different genres get blended together, and a salaryman has to try and work with them all. There is a fantasy world he can visit, espers, and what appears to be a magical girl.

- The Witch and the Beast
Two representatives of a mystic organization work to stop supernatural threats. I'm not wild about the male lead's smoking, and the female lead acts like a crazed thug, so my feelings on the show are a little mixed. But I do like the overall plot and action. The lead female wants to find the witch that cursed her so that she can get her original (male, brutish, and overpowered) body back. She's strangely fashionable for someone who acts like a thug all the time.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I realize not too many people here keep up with seasonal animes. I suppose a person's burnout from anime may be a factor.
Older anime is typically better, as there is less fan service and less blood. Yu Yu Hakusho (1992) is the anime that I am currently on.

Upvote 0