Helena22

May 17, 2013
London/Frankfurt
✟7,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I used Etsy a long time ago but I prefer to use Dawanda which is a German version of Etsy. I even tried Artfire but I did not like it much. I have my own website now. I used to attend craft fairs and was very successful until I fell ill so I no longer to any craft fairs but I did always enjoy them.

Upvote 0

RiverDays

Apr 1, 2013
Nevada, USA
✟7,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Reann

Because Etsy is so much more reasonable than Ebay I have kept items in my shop for yrs and have had descent sales. The problem is they're not consistant and it's pretty much a waiting game unless you work at promoting yourself through facebook or blogs, etc. Basically getting your name and art out there. But then the shop is free and your items are only 20C ea per 3 months? Very affordable.

I always do much better on Ebay but the fees are so much higher after sales... between listing fee, selling % and paypal fees if you don't consider these rates it eats away your profits.

You may want to try the Etsy app that will auto go through your shop to tell you if your items have been marketed to their best advantage. I have seen friends use this as a guide and exp. a jump in sales :)

Upvote 0

coreya

Aug 27, 2012
SE Wisconsin
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have an Etsy shop as well. I have a website for my brand but started the Etsy store as another place to get more awareness of my brand. Its been slow so I would love to swap ideas on how to improve the shop.

If intersted you can see my Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ToolsForChrist?ref=si_shop

I have been testing the Ads. I have spent very little but tested lots of differnt keywords to see which ones were generating the highest % of clicks. Now I moved all my ads to the highest conversions. Hopefully that helps.

I also joined a lot of teams in team in my niche (Christians) and I think that has helped me get traffic.

As for fairs, I have not done them yet, but want to do a few this summer.

Upvote 0