Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For centuries Jews, Christians and Muslims came to Al-Kifl, a small town south of Baghdad, to visit the tomb of the Prophet Ezekiel and pray.

The distinctive Jewish character of the Al-Kifl shrine, namely the Hebrew inscriptions and the Torah Ark, never bothered the gentile worshipers. In the 14th century a minaret was built next to the shrine, but the interior design remained Jewish. The vast majority of Iraq's Jewish community left some 60 years ago, but Shi'ites took good care of the holy site.
Until now.

Recently "Ur," a local Iraqi news agency, reported that a huge mosque will be built on top of the grave by Iraq's Antiquities and Heritage Authority, while Hebrew inscriptions and ornaments are being removed from the site, all as part of renovations.

Prof. Shmuel Moreh of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, winner of the 1999 Israel Prize in Middle Eastern studies and chairman of the Association of Jewish Academics from Iraq, speaking to The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday, confirmed the report.

"I first heard the news of tomb desecration from a friend of mine who is a German scholar. After visiting the site he called me and said that some Hebrew inscriptions on the grave were covered by plaster and that a mosque is planned to be built on top of the tomb. He told me that he found the changes at the tomb disturbing and warned me that I'd better act quickly, before any irreversible damage will be inflicted," Moreh said.

Continued- http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1263147896786&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I can only offer my personal opinions on this...
I really dont know what they are upto (the muslims) they have a tendancy to build on Christian/Jewish Sites.... if we can act, all the better, ..dispicable!

reminds me of the monstrous act they did to the Hagia Sophia and also the building of the dome of the Rock.

Upvote 0

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus, You came to reveal God to mankind, especially by Your Paschal Mysteries: Reveal to the Muslims the truth, as You Yourself are the Truth; grant them eternal life, as You Yourself are the Life; and strengthen their faith, as You Yourself are the Way.

Mary, you came to Fatima to establish in the world devotion to your Immaculate Heart, in imitation of your Son who came to France many years earlier to establish in the world devotion to His Sacred Heart. Our Lady of Fatima, obtain by your powerful intercession the great graces of salvation and sanctification for the Muslims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0