Visit site
✟16,409.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
rocketboy said:
Hmm...whats that mean?
At some liberal arts schools, they'll have a relationship with a nearby college for students who want to do engineering or hard science, but still want to go to the little college. They'll do 3 years at the liberal arts school, and then two years at the nearby engineering-offering college. I think people who do that officially get their degree from the liberal arts college, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, surfing over to OR's webpage, I see that they do have engineering. Can't give you any advice, since I don't know anybody who went there, but good luck and God bless.

Are you graduating this year, or next year, btw? If it's next year, I'd suggest applying to more than one school, even though you know where you really want to go.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ORU is not ABET accredited in ME. They are in general general Engineering, but nothing else. ABET is the gold standard.

Before you make ORU your final decision, call up the HR departments of some companies that hire ME graduates and ask if they will recruit and hire gradutes of programs that are not ABET accredited. Frankly, I don't know what the answer will be... but I would sure want to know it before I paid tuition.

Upvote 0

rocketboy

Oct 11, 2005
✟5,967.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Super Gnat said:
At some liberal arts schools, they'll have a relationship with a nearby college for students who want to do engineering or hard science, but still want to go to the little college. They'll do 3 years at the liberal arts school, and then two years at the nearby engineering-offering college. I think people who do that officially get their degree from the liberal arts college, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, surfing over to OR's webpage, I see that they do have engineering. Can't give you any advice, since I don't know anybody who went there, but good luck and God bless.

Are you graduating this year, or next year, btw? If it's next year, I'd suggest applying to more than one school, even though you know where you really want to go.

ORU is in a group of christian colleges that allow you to get a tuition waver if you parents work at another college in the group. So i should be able to get a tuition waver. Im graduating next year, and yes i am applying to two other colleges.

Upvote 0

rocketboy

Oct 11, 2005
✟5,967.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
bliz said:
ORU is not ABET accredited in ME. They are in general general Engineering, but nothing else. ABET is the gold standard.

Before you make ORU your final decision, call up the HR departments of some companies that hire ME graduates and ask if they will recruit and hire gradutes of programs that are not ABET accredited. Frankly, I don't know what the answer will be... but I would sure want to know it before I paid tuition.

oh thats what i meant...im goin to study in the general engineering. i am still waiting to get info from them, but im pretty sure this is where God is pointing me.

Upvote 0