Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I have decided to buy Oblivion for the PC for my wife and I.

Normally I don't dig single player games but...every now and then i'll buy one.

Can anyone suggest any cool (not fun or funny ones) mods that you consider ESSENTIAL to the game experience? :)

WhirlwindMonk

D Knight - Master of Zefiris
Mar 6, 2005
A little city in Micigan during breaks and Grove C
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul
All the level of detail enhancements
No Psychic Guards
Illumination Within
BTMod

I'd say OOO and BTMod are the two most important of those two. The biggest complaint about Oblivion out there is that you feel no sense of accomplishment since everything levels with you. You can beat the game at Level 1, or you can train up to level 70 and still have your butt handed to you by bandits on the road. OOO fixes that. BTMod just makes all the in-game menus look so much better. Especially if you play with a high resolution, the normal menus are ridiculous. They're so big you can read them on a couch 10 feet away (hmmm, that's odd, isn't it? *rolls eyes*) I would highly recommend those. If you play a Khajitt, if you can find Cat's Eyes, use it and please tell me where to find it. It makes it feel much more like they can see in the dark rather than casting a spell every 30 seconds to do it. But I lost mine when I deleted all my mods, went to redownload them, and couldn't find it....

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
well, if you'd said morrowind, then i can give you a massive list of 'essential' mods....

sadly, i'm behind in technology (and games), so my knowledge is useless in Oblivion.

not to hijack your thread but if you PC can run oblivion (no problem i hope), then can you tell me you specs? Unless of course you have a high-end computer, then theres no point in telling me...

just asking

Upvote 0

The Seb

Jun 25, 2005
Australia, victoria, my hosue
Visit site
✟8,473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The game looks so great. Whilst browsing the electronic department of Big W this evening I saw the game for xbox 360 and it looks fantastic. I loved the morrowind and this looks even better. Elder scrolls games rock my socks off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WhirlwindMonk

Mar 6, 2005
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RichardE said:
It is great, but like I said its bugged and you need a hard drive so it does not lag.

Have you gotten the patch yet? I think it just came out a week ago or so.

Upvote 0

Grunt

Physics > *
Apr 6, 2004
Daytona Beach FL
✟9,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All the mods I'm using atm: http://home.directus.net/jrc748/mods.jpg

Several of 'em are one's I've made myself or done some tweaking to... and I'm working on a few not listed there.

Plus texture packs that don't require an esp:

Shaja's Landscape LOD (both packs)
Landscape LOD normalmap fix
Kafeis amulets & rings
Jarrod's texture pack
Orc retextures
Smooth faces
Staff textures
Shipyard

Reactions: WhirlwindMonk
Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
RichardE said:
See I play on the 360. I just hope it comes to PS3. The 360 version is so bugged.

yeah, thats what happend with morrowind, even the GOTY edition with all the patches built in, still had too many bugs. This is why i'd go for the pc version of oblivion, PC games are MUCH easier for the user to debug on their own, thanks to the console present in many games.

Upvote 0

WhirlwindMonk

Mar 6, 2005
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
azmurath said:
You can fix the 360 version the same way you fix the xbox version of morrowind I think.

You mean buy a PC and use the XBox as an oversized paper-weight? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SteelDisciple

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, got the game...i'm playing it on maxed out settings...but my graphics don't look QUITE like this.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646003

For instance...in the far distance I see hills..but they have really large, smudgy stretched textures on them, not lush fields of grass. Again..I have EVERYTHING set to max...even shadows...nothing. :(

ATI AMD 3.4
Radeon x1900XTX
1 gig of 2700 DDR ram
Soundblaster Audigy ZS

Upvote 0

WhirlwindMonk

Mar 6, 2005
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SteelDisciple said:
OK, got the game...i'm playing it on maxed out settings...but my graphics don't look QUITE like this.

For instance...in the far distance I see hills..but they have really large, smudgy stretched textures on them, not lush fields of grass. Again..I have EVERYTHING set to max...even shadows...nothing. :(

ATI AMD 3.4
Radeon x1900XTX
1 gig of 2700 DDR ram
Soundblaster Audigy ZS

Get the texture replacers. Try here or (with your video card), here. That should help a huge amount. I love those packs. :D

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
SteelDisciple said:

ATI AMD 3.4
Radeon x1900XTX
1 gig of 2700 DDR ram
Soundblaster Audigy ZS

You have those high end specs and you're running PC2700 RAM??

That seems a little slow. Oh, and the reason the graphics might not look as good is because maybe in the drivers for your video card you have it set so it won't display at the best quality. I'm not familiar with ATi but in the Nvidia drivers you can set it so it doesn't display at max quality. So you could have it maxed in game but it's not going to look as good because you have the drivers pushing the visuals down.

Upvote 0